Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Paddy McCartin for FREE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Paddy McCartin for FREE
YES
50%
 50%  [ 32 ]
NO
50%
 50%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 64

themonk 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
He'll 100% be drafted by someone.

As long as its not us, apart from the concusion concerns he is slow and lacks mobility, seems he has demons too, not another head case in front of goal please.

All efforts should be made to improve our draft position and pick a key forward.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Oh I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ I’d take the risk if he is still available late in the draft🙄 We need another goal kicking contributor and he could fill the breach. I say he could be worth the risk but it f he crashes, Collingwood fans will burn the club down so maybe this risk is a bridge too far.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Lazza wrote:
Oh I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ I’d take the risk if he is still available late in the draft🙄 We need another goal kicking contributor and he could fill the breach. I say he could be worth the risk but it f he crashes, Collingwood fans will burn the club down so maybe this risk is a bridge too far.

Bro Laz, there will be no pyrotechnics, or torching by the angry villagers if McCartin falls over into 2021.
He would be a rookie at best, cheap and dispensable if broken.
It's just like the shit we buy on Ebay or Scumtree: buyer beware.

Seriously, we have nothing left to lose here.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:18 pm

After 8 concussions.....no team should be picking him up. At some point, all of the clubs owe him a duty of care if he himself can't.

He is already well down the path of CTE.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:48 pm

piedys wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Bro Laz, there will be no pyrotechnics, or torching by the angry villagers if McCartin falls over into 2021.
He would be a rookie at best, cheap and dispensable if broken.
It's just like the shit we buy on Ebay or Scumtree: buyer beware.

Seriously, we have nothing left to lose here.

Good point bro piedys. This contentious issue is settled. Might as well take a chance on the lad with nothing to lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gained😗

Banksy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:39 am

What'sinaname wrote:
After 8 concussions.....no team should be picking him up. At some point, all of the clubs owe him a duty of care if he himself can't.

Let's hope he's not down that path. What a f#@ked up comment to make.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:36 am

No. He’s missed too much football and the head injuries are a real worry. Further he never showed anywhere near the talent his draft pick promised.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 am

He's got pretty good hands, his kicking is okish. Obviously most of his stats are compromised due to availability issues and playing in a pretty sub par team.

It all comes down to his ability to play 'safe' consistent football. At his best he's exactly the kind of player our forward line desires.

Most likely we won't pick him up, but it is a possibility and someone inevitably will. Good luck to him I say, hopefully in a Pies jumper.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:52 am

I just think he is a worthwhile risk for a rookie spot. Not too fussed either way.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:12 am

I agree - if he was still available at our first rookie selection...
Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:14 am

I don't think the idea of drafting Paddy McCartin is a good idea. Apart from the obvious in that he is one concussion away from serious impact on his life, in my opinion his abilities and skill set seem better suited to be playing in the 70"s where the likes of Wade and Hudson used their bulky bodies and strength to out position their direct opponent to take position of the ball. The modern football style is better suited to more mobile players who can adapt quickly to any half opportunity that presents itself as well as playing a part of team defensive pressure once the ball is in our attacking forward 50 meter area. I don't see Paddy McCartin as being a high marking option in the forward 50 either. The role of a key forward just doesn't seem to be suited to Paddy in the current style of football and, as Buckley stated at the end of the Geelong thrashing of Collingwood game, the highly developed defensive game styles have reduced the effectiveness of KPF's to be almost redundant. Whilst the presence of a key forward does still provide the structure that a good team needs, I don't think they have to be the man who kicks the goals, they just have to be able to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the forward line. i.e. "straighten the team up" in having confidence in a tall target to contest well enough to either mark the ball or bring it to ground for others to kick the goals.
Thus the importance of a Jordan DeGoey, Dusty Martin, Jake Stringer, Patrick Dangerfield, Robbie Gray, Charlie Cameron, Jack Gunston to a team to have that dynamic ability to convert half chances and make opportunities to score through their individual brilliant football skill. Often referred to as the X-factor this type of player is what the best teams have to differentiate themselves from their opposition.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Banksy wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Let's hope he's not down that path. What a f#@ked up comment to make.

Sorry to break the bad news, but 8 concussions means he is on that path. It's best for all involved for him to get off it ASAP. That will only happen is all 18 clubs do not select him and he walks away from football and all contact sports.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:51 pm

can someone explain why this thread is still going?

I dont understand? is it a parody thread?

like "Collingwood is so awful at trading they would try to pick up a lemon like mccartin?"

but for the people on here that are serious about picking him up....I think they are those dumpster divers...rubbish tip dwelling folk that find a fridge door and go "lets pick that up, you never know when your going to need a spare fridge door"
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:27 am

^ lol I wouldn't be surprised to hear the same ramblings about our club...

'One day Collingwood might not be such a basket case.... one day... someday in the future... way down when...'

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:50 pm

After reading about Shane Tuck, I am very happy that no club recruited Paddy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: