Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#27,#24 Caleb Poulter

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is a cross between Pendles and Cripps
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:05 am

From his highlights he appears to have a 'lot' of potential - could be anything.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:40 pm

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/eagles-product-caleb-poulter-reveals-details-about-phone-chat-with-eddie-mcguire-on-draft-night/news-story/bc197c4bf696e64906c2b8a36faa4642
mugway05 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/eagles-product-caleb-poulter-reveals-details-about-phone-chat-with-eddie-mcguire-on-draft-night/news-story/bc197c4bf696e64906c2b8a36faa4642

Do you mind copy and pasting the story Dangerous?

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:46 pm

mugway05 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Do you mind copy and pasting the story Dangerous?

+1

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:42 pm

adelaidenow.com.au

SA draftee’s suprise call with Eddie McGuire
Daniela AbbracciaventoDecember 11, 2020 - 4:48PM

Eagles product Caleb Poulter got a sudden call from Collingwood’s top boss after the Pies selected him on AFL Draft night.

Caleb Poulter had no idea AFL heavyweight Collingwood was interested in recruiting him.

The Woodville-West Torrens gun said the Magpies played their cards close to their chest, making it a huge surprise when they called his name with pick No. 30 at Wednesday’s AFL National draft.

The next few minutes were a blur but what surprised the versatile youngster even more was receiving a phone call from Collingwood president Eddie McGuire shortly after being drafted.

“I had a fair few double meetings with other clubs but I only met with Collingwood once,” Poulter, 18, said.

“It was a surprise to me but I couldn’t be more excited they picked me.

“I spoke to Eddie McGuire on the phone and it was really good to get that support from day one.

“The phone call with Eddie was amazing, he just congratulated me and said he was very excited for me to be at Collingwood.

“He said to me my home deck is now the MCG and he’s really looking forward to working with me and the other new draftees.”

Poulter was one of 14 SANFL players to be selected at the AFL National Draft one Wednesday, before another seven received AFL homes at Thursday’s the rookie draft.

The rising star was also one of five Eagles players selected by AFL clubs.

He said his past two days had been a whirlwind, after Collingwood recruiters got him on a plane to Melbourne less than 24 hours after his AFL dream came true.

“It’s been a very surreal experience so far,” the 192cm and 80kg midfielder/forward said.

“I got my name called out at about 9.15pm on Wednesday, then I ended up getting on a plane at 12.55pm the next day.

“I’m living with Jack Crisp and his family at the moment and I am really enjoying it.

“It’s been an amazing experience so far and Collingwood a great club and I am really looking forward to being part of it.”

Poulter is not only known for his booming left foot kick, clean hands and tackling — but also for his hair and bright boots.

He has been growing the back of his hair for the past two-and-a half years and has kept the sides and front short.

The Henley High graduate also wore bright yellow boots this season, but donned a pink and yellow pair in October’s SA under-18 all-stars game, featuring some of the state’s best draft prospects.

Although Poulter isn’t keen on cutting the mullet or wearing plain boots anytime soon, he says he is fully focused on becoming the best he can be with the Magpies.

“I had my mullet in front of the boys (at training) and the bright boots — I think that’s definitely a trademark and that it’s part of me, so I wouldn’t want to change that,” he said.

“But obviously it’s all about footy now.

“I’m really looking forward to next year and hopefully the black and white have a bit of success.”
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:55 am

Welcome.

Quote:
Collingwood have selected Caleb Poulter from Woodville-West Torrens with pick 30 2020 NAB AFL Draft.

SELECTION: #30
POSITION: Balanced midfielder/forward
DOB: 10/12/2002
HEIGHT: 192cm
WEIGHT: 79kg

Woodville-West Torrens and Henley High prospect, Caleb Poulter is most often utilised as a midfielder who provides grunt on the inside, but also threatens to open games up with his skills on the outer. At 192cm and 79kg, he has shown he can be a formidable target either around the ground or in the forward line, which serves as another showing of his versatility. He also spent some time on the wing, further displaying his neat blend of inside and outside attributes.

STRENGTHS

- Tackling
- Penetrating kick
- Presence/impact
- Clean hands/disposal

KEY NUMBERS

- 20m sprint: 3.06
- Disposals: 25.2
- Marks: 5.5
- Inside 50: 4.8

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/842216/draft-poulter-becomes-a-pie

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Imagine a faster version of Bontempelli. That's who we're looking at.
richo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:33 pm
Post subject: Poulter gone?Reply with quote

Channel 7 Adelaide just reported Caleb Poulter no longer wants to be a Collingwood player. Not enough opportunities. Make of it what you will, Adelaide TV and Radio often state opinion as fact. I hope he stays.

Last edited by richo on Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:37 pm

2 First rounders….he’s a required player 😂😊
Banksy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:40 pm

I hope not...I rate him.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:52 pm

He has pedigree and football nous, hope he stays but more than likely will be part of the Frampton trade. If not part of that trade what would he be worth ?

Pick 30 at least.

Im not comfortable losing Poulter and Henry, 2 lads I would have thought have bright futures. They both look very talented TBH, hope we get compensated well.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:55 pm

I don’t think we’ll get a pick in the 30s.

The guy couldn’t get a game this year. Hardly any bargaining power for us… we’ll end up taking something around 45-55ish or he’ll swap with Frampton with a late pick coming our way. Something like that I’d say.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:07 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
I don’t think we’ll get a pick in the 30s.

The guy couldn’t get a game this year. Hardly any bargaining power for us… we’ll end up taking something around 45-55ish or he’ll swap with Frampton with a late pick coming our way. Something like that I’d say.

Sadly Im one of those fans that overvalue our players bc I can see what they could be instead of what they have done so far but if its a swap for Frampton that could be a win/win for both parties.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:35 pm

Got to remember he hasn't even turned 20 yet. On the night he was drafted, he was a slider at pick 30, with some believing he'd be gone somewhere in the teens.

He's played 11 games all up, but just the one this year.

But for some time now, I've heard he wants to return to South Australia. I dont think it's because of lack of opportunity, I think he just want's to go back to SA.

Gut feeling is that he'll be a part of the trade for Frampton. (Who is 6 years older, but a KPP. Billy played 6 games for the Crows this year, for a career total of 24.) I'd be hoping a pick upgrade is included for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: