Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Helicopter parents are better than helicopter WAGs Wink
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:19 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
And local gossip has it that they cracked it last year when Max was not selected in the Cats GF team.

Anyhoo, not a problem they'll have to concern themselves with come this September.

DeadEyeDidak 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:12 am

Under no circumstance will Grundy return to Collingwood.

There are a few reasons for this but the main 3 are:

- Positionally - The club doesn't think Grundy is in our best team for the gameplan we play
- Culturally - he was the only player on the list that didn't really have the team first ethos.
- Age/Body - They're worried about his body and his age

The club dodged a massive bullet and was extremely happy they found a club to deal him to at the end of 2022 as Grundy had every right to dig heels in.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:45 pm

That's crap. Grundy could come back to Collingwood under a few circumstances - Cox or Cameron retire or ask for a trade (unlikely)
- Melbourne pay half his salary (unlikely)
- Grundy wants to return to the Pies and is happy to take a pay cut (? Unlikely)

Don't make mistakes - Grundy is a good ruckman and better the Cameron and Cox as a ruckman and Grundy / Cameron is probably better than Cameron / Cox. But he cost too much money. If he comes as half the price AND if a list spot is available - come on down!

Thanks Melbourne for fixing our mess and please please please send him back to us - minus half his salary! Razz

- Ben
Boot 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:07 pm

I hear that Footscray will have another father-son recruit this year as Croft who is another 201 cm key forward. With their current list including Sam Darcy, Ugle-Hagen, Rory Lobb and Aaron Naughton and Naughton a restricted free agent at the end of next year I would be planning to make him a big offer to join Collingwood then. I think he would fit in nicely to the team structure with the retirement of Pendlebury & Sidebottom at the end of 2024 and Elliot and Mihocek likely to finish up at the end of 2025 there is a great opportunity to make Naughton a backended contract to land him at the end of next year.
From what I've seen he'd be a better chance to be successful as a key forward than Ben King from the Suns.
That said if Ben King is available to move at the end of this year back to Melbourne from the Suns who have a ready made replacement for him coming through their system at the end of this year he does have some potential as a key forward and he's younger than Naughton.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:23 pm

Tom Morris wrote a story a couple days ago “ lifting the lid “ on where it all went wrong between Grundy and the Pies. Morris claimed Collingwood were disappointed with Grundys commitment to rehabilitating both his knee and then ankle / foot injuries. Grundy had virtually been bullet proof until 2022 and it seemed he struggled with the situation he found himself in.
His lack of commitment and diligence to rehabilitation was supposedly another significant factor in making for an easy decision to move him on.
I’m only paraphrasing what I read but it’s come from a sports journo who was prepared to put his name to it.
If anyone can be bothered finding the link, it’s probably worth posting it in the Grundy thread. ( Tom Morris SEN sport )
DeadEyeDidak 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:10 pm

Jhye Clark - Pick 8 in 2022 AFL Draft. Mad Collingwood family. His father a sponsor of Collingwood.

Will not sign a new contract (out of contract end of 2024) and wants to come to Collingwood.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:21 pm

Cats went to a lot of effort to get him last year as I believe he is a local lad?

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:01 am

DeadEyeDidak wrote:
Jhye Clark - Pick 8 in 2022 AFL Draft. Mad Collingwood family. His father a sponsor of Collingwood.

Will not sign a new contract (out of contract end of 2024) and wants to come to Collingwood.

I can't tell you how much I'd love for this to be true.

Offer em pick 25. Laughing

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:24 am

Fair bio -

https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/jhye-clark/

It'd be nice to get one back on Geelong after the Henry exit.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:35 pm

Boot wrote:
Naughton a restricted free agent at the end of next year I would be planning to make him a big offer to join Collingwood then. I think he would fit in nicely to the team structure with the retirement of Pendlebury & Sidebottom at the end of 2024 and Elliot and Mihocek likely to finish up at the end of 2025 there is a great opportunity to make Naughton a backended contract to land him at the end of next year.

You might be onto something as I’ve been hearing some whispers that it is a real possibility.
Would probably explain why he was spotted at one of our pre season training sessions which I thought was extremely strange at the time.
Would be a great addition to Collingwood.

FWIW, he expressed a desire to get drafted by Collingwood a week before the 2017 draft.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:18 pm

Have heard that WCE have reasonable interest in Trey Ruscoe. And the Crows have slight interest in Arlo Draper.

Drapers younger brother will be drafted later this year, so not sure if that will be a factor for him/his family.

Crows and WCE both dont have great picks, so I guess it depends if we believe they are a part of our future or if we accept picks in the late 30s/early 40s. Of course with Trey being from WA, would Freo be looking too? (Liam Henry??)

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Have heard that WCE have reasonable interest in Trey Ruscoe. And the Crows have slight interest in Arlo Draper.

Drapers younger brother will be drafted later this year, so not sure if that will be a factor for him/his family.

Crows and WCE both dont have great picks, so I guess it depends if we believe they are a part of our future or if we accept picks in the late 30s/early 40s. Of course with Trey being from WA, would Freo be looking too? (Liam Henry??)

Hate to see guys go - but we need to keep turning over the list. Regardless of our fortunes in the next week or two I keep turning my mind to next year and who is going to go to the next level to help us get better. We can’t ask much more from some of our guys (you know who I’m talking about) so we need to find who else on the list is going to replace guys like Howe, Hosko, Checkers, Elliott etc. For Ruscoe it looks like he’s last behind quite a few decent defenders who have another 5 years left (he’s not a replacement for Howe IMO).

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Presti35 wrote:

Hate to see guys go - but we need to keep turning over the list. Regardless of our fortunes in the next week or two I keep turning my mind to next year and who is going to go to the next level to help us get better. We can’t ask much more from some of our guys (you know who I’m talking about) so we need to find who else on the list is going to replace guys like Howe, Hosko, Checkers, Elliott etc. For Ruscoe it looks like he’s last behind quite a few decent defenders who have another 5 years left (he’s not a replacement for Howe IMO).

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:21 pm

The ‘Gettable’ podcast has us into Tom Doedee who is a FA at the end of this season
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 57 of 65   

Jump to: