Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gladys is Gorrrnnnnnn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it’s a controversial topic and I’m probably too gung ho or just naive but I couldn’t care less if people listen to my phone conversations. They could then later help clarify some of the stuff to me 😝
Reminds me of the time I wrote my honest opinions on some blogs during the Sri Lankan civil war. Some fools couldn’t handle it and emailed me death threats. I duly informed the cops (it was the federal cops who dealt with this crap) and carried on unabated on the blogs. I’m still alive so I don’t think the death threats worked 😜 I don’t like being intimidated by threats 😡🤬

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
The significant difference, of course, is that one recollection was a political issue, whereas the other is potentially a criminal one - but carry on with the party-political garbage.

By they way, I know you aren't Captain Reliable - but 2018 is only 3 years ago, not 5.

Well the cannot recall line in your article was speaking about the clay target club grant in December 2016, which is 5 years ago...

But you are right, who gets a grant before an election is a political issue, ruining 6.5 million lives and killing hundreds is definitely a criminal issue. Good to see you agree...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:43 am

You obviously aren't following the proceeding. The questioning started with her texts and conversations in 2018. Here's a sample of some of her answers in the first 30 minutes of her testimony:

Quote:
I don’t recall receiving the message but I do recall, I don’t, I don’t recall the message but I think there was an issue with the Tumut Hospital during the by-election but I can’t be certain. ...

I may have. I don’t recall. ...

I don’t recall. ...

I don’t recall that, and, but as I said earlier, I recall some announcement at the Tumut Hospital, if I’m not mistaken, during the by-election. But I don’t recall anything before that. ...

I don’t recall this conversation and what happened subsequently. ...

Doesn’t say that I may not have, but I, I don’t recall, yep.

See fufrther: https://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/investigations/current-investigations/2020/former-nsw-mp-for-wagga-wagga-operation-keppel#transcripts
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:09 am

You’re right I’m not, I read the article YOU posted that was talking about 2016 and that she cannot recall why she went against treasury advice.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:37 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-08/nsw-stronger-communities-fund-lacked-integrity-report-finds/100812966

Quote:
A damning auditor-general's report into a NSW grants scheme at the centre of pork barrelling allegations has described it as "deficient" and "lacking integrity".

Auditor-general Margaret Crawford has found 96 per cent of grants available from the $250 million Stronger Communities Fund were allocated to projects based in Coalition-held seats.

The former premier Gladys Berejiklian had previously conceded that grants from the scheme were used to try to shore up Coalition-held seats in the lead up to the last election, but said the practice was "not unique" to her government.

In her report to parliament, Ms Crawford said the scheme's guidelines "lacked the necessary information to safeguard against biased or subjective assessment".

The report paints a picture of chaotic decision making, where funding for projects was determined by Ms Berekijlian, her deputy John Barilaro and the minister for local government.

Decisions were then communicated by their staff through emails to the Office of Local Government, which was tasked with administering the scheme.

Ms Crawford wrote that these emails contained "little or no information about the basis for the council or project selection" and that funds were allocated "without questioning or recording the basis for selection".

While the local government minister was responsible for distributing the funds, he only approved two of the 24 projects that received money — with the rest identified by the offices of Ms Berejiklian and Mr Barilaro.

Ms Crawford concluded that the exclusion of information and the lack of formality in those approvals "prevent accountability and transparency over the government's approach to selecting councils for funding".

In October 2020 a parliamentary inquiry heard that Ms Berejiklian's office had physically shredded and then digitally deleted documents relating to the Stronger Communities Fund.

Her staff gave evidence they had sent emails saying Ms Berejiklian had "approved" or "signed off" on projects.

But one staffer told the inquiry that was just a "turn of phrase" and that the then premier was not technically approving the payments as that "was not a role she had under the program".

A month later Ms Berejiklian told reporters she was only "consulted" and "provided advice" on the grants, but she conceded the way the scheme was used amounted to pork barrelling.

"It's not something the community likes ... but it's an accusation I will wear," she said.

"It's not an illegal practice. Unfortunately it does happen from time to time by every government."

Here's the link to the Auditor-General's report: https://www.audit.nsw.gov.au/our-work/reports/integrity-of-grant-program-administration
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:32 pm

Just tying up loose threads, here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-29/daryl-maguire-charged-over-alleged-visa-fraud/101711504
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:54 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-29/icac-findings-into-former-premier-gladys-berejiklian/102539148

Quote:
Former New South Wales premier Gladys Berejiklian and ex-Liberal MP Daryl Maguire engaged in serious corrupt conduct when they were a couple, the state's corruption watchdog has found.

It found Ms Berejiklian breached the public trust in 2016 and 2017 by overseeing the awarding of a grant to the Australian Clay Target Association (ACTA) in Wagga Wagga without disclosing her personal relationship with Mr Maguire.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:37 pm

It's interesting the difference between the NSW and Victorian IBAC's.

Gladys was able to be found guilty of corruption despite it not being criminal behaviour, whereas in Victoria Dan and others have avoided being labelled as corrupt specifically because it wasn't considered criminal behaviour.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:25 pm

Jon Faine tweeted:
-Gobbo & cops…. no charges
-Gladys & Daryl…. no charges
-war crimes…. no charges even after years of investigations
-Robodebt…. low income people hounded, prosecuted and some suicides
Comforting to know that everyone is equal before the law …..NOT

That's on the money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: