Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Commentators

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:08 am
Post subject: CommentatorsReply with quote

Who's your favourite and who's your most hated?

I can't stand the oldies (except for Bill Lawry - he's so unashamedly biased that he cracks me up!). Richie Benaud needs to be put out to pasture - "No, there was no nick on that", when every camera angle shows that the Pommy batsman was definitely out! Open your eyes, Richie! And the fact that we are paying bloody Tony Greig to be so biased against us is ridiculous, and his accent drives me mental! Ian Chappel is just so boring, with his monotone voice, and when will he learn to shut off his mike properly so we don't have to listen to all his nonsense in the background???

I like the newly retired players, like Ian Healy. And I think Marky Mark would make a good commentator too (he did a good job a couple of months ago, anyway - can't remember what match it was). They need to do a total clean-out of the commentary team - out with the old and in with the new. It's about time!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Here is my assesment of the commentators

Bill Lawry - He's a Victorian and so am I and I'm ******* proud of it. He's great!!!!!!!!

Tony Grieg - I'm not much of a fan, he says some dumb things, is biased against us...but then again Bill takes the piss out of him and makes him look stupid so he's gotta stay.

Ian Chappell - Too many boring stories

Ian Healy - Lacks carisma

Tubby Taylor - He's good, I like him.

Richie - I'm a fan of Richie, he get excited when Warney is on, almost as excited as a Victorian. He has a very dry sense of humour which I like.

Simon O'Donnell - Ok he doesn't commentate but he does a great job on the cricket show and when Richie retires he should be the next commentary team captain.

What the cricket could do with this summer is some more english commentators. I want to here there sad tones. David Lloyd would be perfect, he has that unique voice.

What the commentary team really needs though is more Victorians. I wannna hear Merv & Deano commentating!!!!!!!!

I actually met Merv at the footy this year after the round 22 game against the Doggies. He was standing next to me watching a fight so I had a quick yak, it was great.

Merv Merv Merv!!!!!!!!!!!

Fradam Wrote This
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:29 am

The best commentators are on Foxtel on the overseas tours like David Hookes, Mike Coward, Michael Holding etc etc

I love Bill Lawry when he goes magnificant shot then he changes his mind as the ball will get caught on the boundary......lol lol

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:41 am

The one person who i would like on channel nines team would be the guys on the ABC radio who over from england!!!! They actully make it funny!!!

And one more change i would get botham out here also!!! If he isnt already!!!

Bill is always great, tony is well tony you know what you are going to get from him summer after summer , Ian is fairly good
Tubby is is going to be the new Ritchie i can see it comming from along way off, Ritchies could be his last year so we will all miss him next season.

Long Live the mite and power of
Shane Morwood (member of 1990 team,1988 Vic rep)
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:01 am

I was standing in the bay next to Merv at the same game, Fradam. You gotta love Merv! He's a legend!

And the fight I think you're referring to involved my friends - not a good day at the footy!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:55 pm

Ian Chappell was soooooo bloody boring but they were stuck with him because that was part of his WSC contract so they brought in bro. Greg to make Ian sound more interesting - and it worked !! Can you imagine how mind numbingly boring Greg was ??!!

Yeah, Ritchie's had his day but still enjoy him wetting his pants over Warney. Lol.

Phanto is a shadow of his former self and far too many, "GONNNNNNE !!! YES !!!!! no, not out"s and what JLC said. Lol. Only good these days when on with the enjoyably annoying Tony Greig.

Someone needs to remind Tubby he's not the Aussie skipper any more and that this is teleVISION and we don't need to be told everything, every single bloody ball!! Tedious, and terrible grammar for someone who had 'the second most important job in Australia'.

Heals ? Astute comments but needs a hairstyle and to know the bloke that replaced him is not Adam Gilcrest.

Michael Atherton ? About as interesting as his batting was.

Merv and Deano ? Now that's a good suggestion. In their case, who cares about their grammar ? They're fun !!

Hookesy and AB are excellent and 'the Rolls Royce of fast bowlers', Michael Holding, gives good comment but could lighten up heaps.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:01 pm

I think Michael Slater is the best! Do you guys remember when he used to host the cricket show? Damn that was unreal! Too bad channel 9 got rid of him they must have rocks in their heads! Now he commentates in England occasionally which is a damn shame because I can't hear his lovely voice! Donny no bad jokes about Slater commentating for good please he still has a lot of cricket left in him! Just so you guys don't think all I talk about is Slats, Ian Healy is another good one! He brings some humour into it and gives some really good explanations of what is going on which has enhanced my cricket knowledge! I also like it when Mark Taylor talks about the good old days opening with Michael Slater hahahaha! Yeah guys I'm mad!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:18 pm

"Ian Healy is another good one! He brings some humour into it .." So do you, Mrs Tazza. Lol.

Donny.
GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:36 am

LoL Donny I'm taking that as a compliment even if you didn't intend on it being one! I LOVE MICHAEL SLATER!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:49 am

I was watching the South Africa v Pakistan game on Foxtel and there was one commentator who had the most annoying voice (in terms of clarity and how he sounds). I think he was Pakistani but he sounded like he was mexican...lol I didnt catch his name though. Does anyone know his name ??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:26 am

Asif Iknowhisname

Fradam Wrote This
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:38 pm

I can't stand Kerry O'Keffe. His laugh is f**king anoying.

"I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own." - Woody Allen
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:56 pm

haha! i knew when i saw mrs tarrant had posted that she would say slater, lol thats what slats is good 4, commentating!!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:09 pm

Tony greg is my favourite by a mile! i love his accent( sorry kristen) and i love the way he lifts his voice when someone hits a four! my most hated commentator would have to be mark taylor! WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING WITH THOSE SIDIES!??? com'n man! get em cut! and might i say that bill lawry has the longest nose i have eva seen in my entire life.lol

footy ROX!
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:43 pm

Don't be cheeky now CQ my Slats is not just good at commentating he is fantastic at absolutely everything! GO SLATS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: