Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#43 Charlie Dean

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Just watched his short welcome to Collingwood intro video and his very weak “go pies” at the end… I don’t think he was a pies supporter growing up. 😂

Richmond supporter - (see Williamstown video above).
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:02 pm

He’ll learn. Tiges didn’t want ya’ son!
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:21 pm

Seriously, My first video of him was the second entry of my google search :

' nahh can't be' , but was a hoot for a few seconds

Interview with Charlie Dean (SHARESOME TV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_-S1iRHh8I&t=120s
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:46 pm

Good pick up.

Sounds like the type of player that could play in round 1 next year if he's elevated to the senior list.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:55 pm

Jezza wrote:
Good pick up.

Sounds like the type of player that could play in round 1 next year if he's elevated to the senior list.

Pretty sure under the “ newer “ rules, rookies can play from round one as rookies, without any need to be elevated onto primary list.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:51 am

perthmagpie wrote:
Looks like a solid negating defender who will stay back deep and defend the goal. Good closing speed, doesn't give up if out of position and neat kick. Didn't see any really prolific intercept marking in the highlights video. Think of a more agile, fluent mover Presti type. Is going to have put on some extra size to play on gorillas. The video shows him most often going pretty short by foot after a turnover was forced. When did go long he seems to have decent length to his kicks. Probably not going to get a ton of rebounding disposals. Sticks diligently to his opponent. May be a good balance in defence allowing Moore to rebound and not be dragged back to the oppo goals.

One thing he’s not is a Lever type interceptor. Lever is an accumulator who picks up possessions at will. This guy is more a stopper. I wouldn’t give up on Dean making it as a forward though. For the moment defending is his position and at age 20 there’s a lot maturity as an AFL footballer in the years ahead. He’s not going to get games ahead of Moore and Roughead and he’s not getting games as a third tall defender either as we have guys like Howe, Madgen and Maynard who have that covered. If he can make the shift back as a forward he’s more likely to break into the team, but for the moment he provides very good cover for Moore and Roughead.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:10 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
Looks like a solid negating defender who will stay back deep and defend the goal. Good closing speed, doesn't give up if out of position and neat kick. Didn't see any really prolific intercept marking in the highlights video. Think of a more agile, fluent mover Presti type. Is going to have put on some extra size to play on gorillas. The video shows him most often going pretty short by foot after a turnover was forced. When did go long he seems to have decent length to his kicks. Probably not going to get a ton of rebounding disposals. Sticks diligently to his opponent. May be a good balance in defence allowing Moore to rebound and not be dragged back to the oppo goals.

One thing he’s not is a Lever type interceptor. Lever is an accumulator who picks up possessions at will. This guy is more a stopper. I wouldn’t give up on Dean making it as a forward though. For the moment defending is his position and at age 20 there’s a lot maturity as an AFL footballer in the years ahead. He’s not going to get games ahead of Moore and Roughead and he’s not getting games as a third tall defender either as we have guys like Howe, Madgen and Maynard who have that covered. If he can make the shift back as a forward he’s more likely to break into the team, but for the moment he provides very good cover for Moore and Roughead.

Dean is already better then Madgen

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:22 pm

This may sound crazy but I thunk Dean will prove our best choice from the draft. There's something about this kid.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:18 pm

Big T wrote:
This may sound crazy but I thunk Dean will prove our best choice from the draft. There's something about this kid.

Massive Call to say he be better then Nick Daicos

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:42 pm

My feeling is Dean is a long way away from holding Full back.

Somehow, I reckon he is Maxwell incarnate. He could pinch his in all KP roles of course, but with Howe getting older, he could slot nicely into that role.

Then again, we are developing a Frigging good list, and I'm like a kid in a candy store right now... not knowing which one to pick.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:46 pm

Suggest nickname might be “five n dime”
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:36 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Big T wrote:

Massive Call to say he be better then Nick Daicos

Not better than him as a player Dave, but potentially our best value pick and the type 9f player who will be a key cog in our next premiership.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:03 am

Charlie Oneeye wrote:

Somehow, I reckon he is Maxwell incarnate. He could pinch his in all KP roles of course, but with Howe getting older, he could slot nicely into that role.

Then again, we are developing a Frigging good list, and I'm like a kid in a candy store right now... not knowing which one to pick.

Dean doesn’t come across as a Maxwell type to me. He either plays FB or FF. Maxwell was a flanker who made good decisions. It’s too early to say if Charlie Dean is a good decision maker. He has a lot of growing up to do first. Time will tell. For now if you’re choosing a half back flanker Madgen easily gets a game ahead of him.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:58 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:

Problem we have next to NO depth in the KPD Postion

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:19 am

dalyc wrote:
Suggest nickname might be “five n dime”

Better than “the human ashtray” I guess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: