Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mid Season Draft Thread (Now Completed)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

dalyc wrote:
derkd wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Ramsden sounds like a good option. I wonder how far down our pick will be?

Collingwood VFL player Lachlan Tardrew has been mentioned as a chance for the MSD, by those over at ESPN.

I think it is based on ladder position at the time of draft

Correct- that’s why they do it before the bye so everyone has played everybody else

Everybody has played everybody else? That doesnt make sense. We wont have played "everybody else" at the time of the draft...

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:36 pm

piffdog wrote:
dalyc wrote:
derkd wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Collingwood VFL player Lachlan Tardrew has been mentioned as a chance for the MSD, by those over at ESPN.

I think it is based on ladder position at the time of draft

Correct- that’s why they do it before the bye so everyone has played everybody else

Everybody has played everybody else? That doesnt make sense. We wont have played "everybody else" at the time of the draft...

Yes, you’re right. I don’t know why I thought that.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:51 pm

Presti35 wrote:

Well being from the Sandhurst football club, I have watched Tardrew over a long period of time and he is a serious talent that shouldn’t be ignored by Collingwood. He would be a fabulous addition to the list.

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:57 am

Keane is keen to return...
think better 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:07 am

Big T wrote:
Keane is keen to return...

Is that Keen squared!

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:17 pm

or Keane is Keen as mustard to return
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:16 pm

In reference to Mark Keane, as they said in an article he probably would have been in the team now due to injuries in Roughead and Dean, I think he's missed his chance.

He stepped away due to homesickness, but he hasn't even been playing Gaelic football while he's been away, he's been playing hurling.

We took Marty Clarke back and saw that once you break the development momentum, you can't get it back.

No guarantee that Wilson, who grew up playing footy, was ever going to make it. But he stepped away to play basketball, and we've been putting the effort into him for a few years now and I really don't see him making it at AFL level.

I for one think this Irish experiment (and our current USA one) are done!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:25 pm

I wouldnt use the PSD pick on someone that was on out list in January.

Ramsden or Tardrew have peaked my interest so far.

Dony know what to think about Keane. Would he even return to Australia by the time the PSD is here? The club should talk to him about a return in 2023 unless the AFL allows him to just take back his position on our list.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:54 am

Monday May 9 starts the mid season draft procedure
Ends May 24

Wonder what’s out there for us??

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
In reference to Mark Keane, as they said in an article he probably would have been in the team now due to injuries in Roughead and Dean, I think he's missed his chance.

He stepped away due to homesickness, but he hasn't even been playing Gaelic football while he's been away, he's been playing hurling.

We took Marty Clarke back and saw that once you break the development momentum, you can't get it back.

No guarantee that Wilson, who grew up playing footy, was ever going to make it. But he stepped away to play basketball, and we've been putting the effort into him for a few years now and I really don't see him making it at AFL level.

I for one think this Irish experiment (and our current USA one) are done!

Yep agree. After the experience with Clarke, I would be extremely hesitant to go there again. Maybe go with other players available.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 3:30 pm

Presti35 wrote:
If its worse cast for Kreuger and he sits out the remainder of the year, does this open up a draft pick for us in the MSD?

But maybe we go for a mature age player, 26 or 27, thats kicking them at state level? Or do we forget the KPF and just take best available?

The WAFL stats: https://wafl.com.au/stats/players

The SANFL stats: https://sanfl.com.au/league/player-stats/?season=2022&league=sanfl&stat=goals

Sound logic; surely target the best available form forward/defender from either of these leagues, with a solid physique, can actually take a contested mark, who won't get ragdolled like our princesses?

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:00 pm

Quote:
As previously flagged by Inside Trading, 202cm ruckman Max Ramsden and tall midfielder Jai Culley have emerged as prominent names to watch in the mid-season draft mix just 12 months after North took young tall Jacob Edwards at pick No.1.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/758506/roos-mid-close-to-trigger-no-1-contender-in-line-for-pies-vfl-call-up

Sydney, Carlton, Hawthorn, Fremantle and Geelong currently hold picks for the mid-season rookie draft.

Collingwood (Nathan Kreuger), Gold Coast (Ben King), St Kilda (Nick Coffield and Jack Hayes), Adelaide (Rory Sloane), Port Adelaide (Jake Pasini), Richmond (Josh Caddy) and now North Melbourne (Bergman) can still open spots. Collingwood may be able to open two spots if Wilson is deemed a season ending injury.

To me, Max Ramsden sounds like the player to get, but he will likely be gone by our pick. Looking forward to seeing if we activate our spot and where our pick will be.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 1:13 pm

How crazy stupid is this idea?

Collingwood go into the MSD with two picks. (Krueger, Wilson).

The first pick is hopefully early in the draft, landing us a young, tall key position player prospect. Ramsden?

The second pick, is an older player. Someone that can play straight away and help out in defence....

rance.jpg

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:52 pm

Just waiting on confirmation that Madgen will miss the rest of the season.

But once that's confirmed, we'll surly use at least one pick in this draft.

I can't see us using three picks, but the club will have decisions to make on Krueger, Wilson and now possibly Madgen too.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:25 pm

Quote:
CLUBS keen on WAFL key forward Wade Derksen ahead of the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft have been dealt a blow this week, with the Peel Thunder product not granted an exemption to nominate.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/759088/exemption-denied-mid-season-draft-hopeful-unable-to-nominate

Thats interesting. AFL blocks this young key forward from being able to nominate. He'll be one to watch in the national/rookie draft at years end. I wonder which clubs were keen on him? Both WCE and Freo dont have a pick at this stage.

Sydney, Carlton, Hawthorn, Fremantle and Geelong currently hold picks.

Collingwood, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Adelaide, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide and Richmond can currently still open list spots. Clubs that choose to participate in the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft will select in reverse ladder order set at the conclusion of Round 11.

Clubs have until Tuesday May 31, 2022 to activate a selection, with the draft itself is on Wednesday June 1, 2022. (After round 11).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: