Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17 Billy Frampton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Frampton showed us he can play a role down back. He's a serviceable player, and just what we need from a 200 cm defender.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:57 am

Mitchell and Hill have adjusted to our system qwik and I feel Billy Frampton will
The bloke improved against Power as the game progressed

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:59 am

Looked right at home, I take back any doubts I voiced about this bloke. Well played.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:38 pm

They are so well drilled our backs that the bloke will be given all the help he needs to play to his best

Darcy will see to that methinks

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:12 pm

Skids wrote:
Looked right at home, I take back any doubts I voiced about this bloke. Well played.

All new players need time to adjust to different game plans, tactics and methods of play at another club. It’s not an instant coffee solution. I have been surprised by their fabulous results so far, but believe me they can all get better as the season progresses and their confidence rapidly improves. Collingwood have recruited perfectly for the needs we identified last year. The whole club has improved in doing the essentials well and this has had a real impact on every part of the organisation.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:28 am
Post subject: Low-profile Pies recruit making the most of fresh startReply with quote

Worth a read. Further highlights the 'Fly effect' and the belief he has instilled in Frampton.

Low-profile Pies recruit making the most of fresh start
Former Adelaide ruckman Billy Frampton has impressed with his defensive work at Collingwood.

Source :
https://www.afl.com.au/news/896895/lowest-profile-collingwood-pie-billy-frampton-making-the-most-of-new-role

– the only fit ruckman on the list – not ready for AFL exposure just yet, Frampton is open to returning to the role he started his career at with Port Adelaide if needed.

"I did a lot of ruck in my first five years at Port. If I'm needed to, I would happily go in there. I'm happy to do whatever Fly or the coaches need," he said.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:34 pm

Round 7 performances that flew under the radar, according to Champion Data:
Billy Frampton (Collingwood)

He had zero votes on the weekend, but we had him as the fourth-highest rate of player on the ground (against Adelaide). It's been really interesting to see what he's done over the last two weeks playing mainly as their number one ruck.

You talk about this a lot in terms of damage that ruckmen actually do. He’s had 17 hit outs to to advantage over the last two weeks, which is not a massive number, but importantly, when he does win the hit out, only six of them have gone directly to the opposition. So that's a significant return in terms of the amount of times he's hitting it to his teammate as opposed to the opposition.

He's been able to give his his midfielders a chance to actually really showcase their dominance at a clearance. Which I think probably is the number one thing that you're asking for a ruckman, it just give your midfielders a chance to compete at ground level and let them get to work.

When he's been in the centre bounce over the last two weeks, they've got an 18 to 11 clearance return when he's been in there. So he's been been really effective and he's a bit like the (Tom) De Koning) conversation … it just gives this gives Collingwood another magnet to be able to throw up at match committee as the year goes on.”

Source:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/03/five-round-7-performances-that-flew-under-the-radar-according-to-champion/

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:57 pm

“If I’m needed I’ll happily go in there
I’m happy to do what Fly or the other coaches need” he said

The effect Fly and his team have built into the team is just so good

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 8:19 am

Bill will most likely spend most of the game back in defence & one would hope his spell as a pinch hit ruck abiet with a solid effort will give him lots a lot of confidence

Have a great day Bill —-you have proven you will work hard for the team

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:06 pm

Billy Frampton was just what we needed to replace Roughead; phew!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:02 pm

There seems a real possibility that Framptons Jack of all trades abilities may yet be to his own detriment down the track, depending on injuries to our big men.
He’s been played in three different positions in about ten games for the club and been ok in all of them, yet ( understandably ) hasn’t shown enough to be considered first option for any of them.
He came to us as bargain basement key defender and I think he’s played that role ok so far. Having said that, he’s no lock to hold that position simply because there hasn’t been any defining moments to say he is an automatic selection as fullback ( and having to play him elsewhere hasn’t helped him show his true worth either )
He’s also been asked to play ruck and been pretty reasonable, especially his game on ANZAC day. Is he a better option than either Cameron or Cox for that position ? I wouldn’t think so.
He’s also been asked to play key forward and once again, he’s been ok without being anything special. Same question, is he better than any of the other alternatives we have available to come in as tall forwards. Once again, I wouldn’t think so.
Key defender is his best shot. Maybe he gets his chance, maybe he doesn’t but regardless, he should be praised for the versatility and efforts he’s shown in all the jobs he’s been given. Time will tell whether not being afforded the luxury of settling in one position, works for him or against him.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:46 pm

He needs to be played as a key defender where possible but with injuries to our key forwards and rucks we have had to play him out of the position he was intended for.

Meanwhile
Larkey has kicked 5 on us, Walker 5, Naughton and UH got 6 between them and it should have been more. Treacy got 3 last week….It’s too much to expect Moore, Howe and Murphy to cover.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:03 pm

Memo to club for 2024: recruited as a defender, and not as a forward.

Can we ensure this scenario doesn't play out again please?
It reeked of Tristan Dunderklumpen Walker and Ben Kinnear in 2003.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:13 pm

Collingwood Premiership player Wink

He's blessed to have been at the right place at the right time. Worth mentioning he did play 16 games through the course of the year, so he was very good depth for us.

Most will remember him for only having 2 disposals, but his efforts to curtail Andrews' ability to take easy intercept marks were great.

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:10 am

Jezza wrote:
Collingwood Premiership player Wink

He's blessed to have been at the right place at the right time. Worth mentioning he did play 16 games through the course of the year, so he was very good depth for us.

Most will remember him for only having 2 disposals, but his efforts to curtail Andrews' ability to take easy intercept marks were great.

Yep sadly too many are bamboozled by stats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: