Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 days

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:32 am
Post subject: Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 daysReply with quote

I’m sure everyone here on Nicks will join me in extending hearty congratulations to Daniel Andrews on achieving 3000 days in office (or is that power?)

Certainly Victorians have increased their support since the November state election where Daniel Andrews won his third consecutive four year term.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/support-for-daniel-andrews-rises-as-he-marks-3000-days-in-office-20230219-p5clok.html

Jeffrey Glib Kennett when he was premier provided for a statue to be made for any Premier who made it to 3000 days. Jeffrey Glib Kennett after doing to Victoria what he was doing with Felicity managed to convince voters to give him the size 10 Julius Marlowe and return him to his beloved private enterprise before he reached the arbitrary 3000 days; so no statue of JGK 😂

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

So, between them the ALP and the Greens are estimated to have 54% of the primary vote. It's a long time to the next election, so it doesn't much matter, save that it may send a repeat signal to the LNP that Victorians don't (on balance) much like the hard right.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:45 am

I have plenty of gripes, but on balance he's done a pretty good job, particularly with public transport projects.

This whole statue business is absurd though – unless he's a complete egomaniac, surely he'll have a quiet word to whomever he needs to and decline the honour, right? As if we need statues of living politicians in 2023 AD. Laughing

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:47 am

It's important they go up, so someone can tear them down in 200 years, when they are no longer considered apt.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:49 am

Touché. Mr. Green
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:14 pm
Post subject: Re: Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 daysReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
I’m sure everyone here on Nicks will join me in extending hearty congratulations to Daniel Andrews on achieving 3000 days in office (or is that power?)

👍🏿 Better still he has kept the right wingers away from power 😆

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:19 pm

Yes, though some might say the right wingers have done a pretty good job of that on their own... Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:44 pm

I do hope they build a statue of him, Pigeons need a place to shit.

I'd be tempted to take a dump on his bonce myself. Wink

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:45 pm

Yeah well done <snip>; your finest hour was when half a million people marched through Bourke street a year or so back wanting you terminated.
Biggest protest crowd since Vietnam War.

Stay clear of those staircases won't you...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:24 pm

Half a million piedys? I reckon there were 50 million. All anti vaxxers and they all voted him out in November 2022…..Oh hang on a sec he won by an increased majority, he smashed it in his own electorate and the anti vaxxers were and remain a pimple on the arse of society.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:53 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/dislike-of-guy-and-relentlessly-negative-campaign-blamed-for-liberal-election-loss-20230216-p5cl2y.html

Quote:
Former opposition leader Matthew Guy was so disliked and the Liberals’ election campaign so negative Victorians had no reason to vote for them, according to the party president.

Mirabella described the election strategy as “relentlessly negative”, “wrong and counterproductive”, and criticised it for targeting Andrews.

“Our media material in the final weeks gave voters nothing to vote for and no reason or moral permission to vote Liberal,” Mirabella’s report states.

Several Liberals told The Age Guy and McQuestin were so convinced they were going to win, they called the office of NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet to ask whether they had staff who would come to Victoria during the transition process.

Senior Liberal Party campaign strategists were telling candidates the party was on track to win between 16 and 21 seats, and Guy had told colleagues he approached deputy state director Brad Stansfield, who lives in Tasmania, to be his acting chief of staff in government.

“These guys were just witless, feckless, unintelligent and worse,” one Liberal said.

Reaching 3,000 days seems to have been like shooting (witless, feckless, unintelligent - and possibly anti-vax) fish in a barrel.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:57 pm

Congratulations to the Dear Leader.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:14 pm

Looking forward to the next 3000 days.
Hope he doesn't want to retire; we really need Dan to McStay.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:50 pm

Jezza wrote:
Congratulations to the Dear Leader.

Now that’s a bronze statue 😂😉 not sure it’s big enough though. 😜

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:45 am

^ It's very interesting that some compare Andrews to dictators, given that he is repeatedly elected by popular vote in a system that provides for a genuine electoral contest (albeit, it may be difficult to lose to people described by a member of their own party as "witless, feckless, unintelligent and worse"), there is no real suggestion of a gerrymander and his electoral margin is presently beyond what was seen as an inevitable "high watermark" back in 2018.

Victorians can vote him from office any election they want. They don't seem to want to, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: