Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 days

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Half a million piedys? I reckon there were 50 million. All anti vaxxers and they all voted him out in November 2022…..Oh hang on a sec he won by an increased majority, he smashed it in his own electorate and the anti vaxxers were and remain a pimple on the arse of society.

Depends on what measure of accuracy can be applied to the drone's estimates of those protest numbers. Whose drone was it?

But no, they are all swell people, who had a massive change of heart in the ensuing 12 months, and decided Dan could stay after all.
They decided he could continue to poison them and their children with Fauci's snake oil, and would just ride out any cases of myocarditis, like a bout of the sniffles.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:38 am

I think the ultimate truth is that, in a state of 4.5 million enrolled voters, 500,000 is a lot but not enough on its own to turn the tide if the vast majority of those people were always going to vote (or preference) Liberal anyway.

I'll be the first to admit that I would have thought that Andrews would have lost some support over the course of the pandemic from, for instance, migrant small-business owners. But it doesn't seem to have even been a blip in the end.

Of course we saw similar scenes from the other side of politics prior to the Iraq War, with the same result – Howard was comfortably elected a couple of years later with an increased majority. That's not to say that protest doesn't work, but it does for better or for worse suggest that the silent majority holds as much sway as it ever did.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:54 am

piedys wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Half a million piedys? I reckon there were 50 million. All anti vaxxers and they all voted him out in November 2022…..Oh hang on a sec he won by an increased majority, he smashed it in his own electorate and the anti vaxxers were and remain a pimple on the arse of society.

Depends on what measure of accuracy can be applied to the drone's estimates of those protest numbers. Whose drone was it?

But no, they are all swell people, who had a massive change of heart in the ensuing 12 months, and decided Dan could stay after all.
They decided he could continue to poison them and their children with Fauci's snake oil, and would just ride out any cases of myocarditis, like a bout of the sniffles.

You really believe that dumb ass shit 🤦‍♂️ I was told there are some people who are gullible enough to think that. Well it takes all sorts including conspiracy theorists. I really find it sad that you could actually think or believe that. Very sad indeed.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:33 am

Well there was enough people gullible enough to believe Andrews did a good job and vote him back in, so I guess that cuts both ways
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:49 pm

This thread has certainly tiggered the right wingers among this board.Mind you that isn’t hard to do at the best of times.☺️
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Well there was enough people gullible enough to believe Andrews did a good job and vote him back in, so I guess that cuts both ways

(Edit)

Nah, ur comparing 0.5% of the population to well over 95% re vaccinations
and around 60% smart enough to vote for the thrice elected Premier of Victoria the Right Honourable Daniel Andrews 2 party preferred.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:09 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

No, the alternative to being an anti vaxxer is not confined only to voting Andrews in.

I wasn't suggesting it was, just that there are clearly a lot of gullible people out there. People tend to actively seek out "information" that conforms to their world view and Social Media is full of shit. Official and not. Idealistic idiots are the easiest to influence.

I've had 4 Covid shot's, I'll get my 5th in Autumn same as getting the Flu shot, so I don't qualify as an anti vaxxer.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:13 pm

Sorry, I changed it but forgot to enter my change. But I get where ur coming from even to make a tongue in cheek comment. However, people who are into anti vaxxer conspiracy theories are something else and fortunately in Australia represent a tiny fraction of the population. Most people fortunately are not that thick. I find it sad that people do have that foolish ill-informed belief.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:24 pm

piedys wrote:
Yeah well done <snip>; your finest hour was when half a million people marched through Bourke street a year or so back wanting you terminated.
Biggest protest crowd since Vietnam War.

Stay clear of those staircases won't you...
was that the mob the police corralled at the shrine? Nice planning,

Well done Dan! Bloody good milestone

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:41 pm

@WPT, I think the conspiricy theories are way OTT but I do understand people being vaccination reluctant. Remember our own Taswegian (Via Ballarat) Possum Wrangler who was too scared to get the AZ Shot?

It's like everything, you get most people somewhere near centre and a minority on the extreme fringes, but the funny thing is, that can only be a single topic they're extreme about while otherwise being somewhat sensible.

The nut jobs who hold most of their beliefs on the extreme fringe are the dangerous ones as they have the fevour of a religous zealot.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:28 pm

Whilst anti vaxxers are crazy, those who tweet ILoveDan are just as nuts and are probably in higher numbers, now that’s scary.

But pretending 95% of the population chose to get vaccinated is a complete lie, 95% of the population chose to get sick 3 times in order to keep their jobs. Without mandates it probably would have been closer to 50-60% vaccinated.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:47 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Whilst anti vaxxers are crazy, those who tweet ILoveDan are just as nuts and are probably in higher numbers, now that’s scary.

I LOVE DAN …………………… McStay. 🤪

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:27 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Better be careful, you might upset Dennis Wink
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:06 am

eddiesmith wrote:

But pretending 95% of the population chose to get vaccinated is a complete lie, 95% of the population chose to get sick 3 times in order to keep their jobs. Without mandates it probably would have been closer to 50-60% vaccinated.

Correct weight. We were blackmailed into getting vaxxed.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:58 pm

David wrote:
I think the ultimate truth is that, in a state of 4.5 million enrolled voters, 500,000 is a lot but not enough on its own to turn the tide if the vast majority of those people were always going to vote (or preference) Liberal anyway.

…...

There was no where near 50000. That number was as true as saying a vaccine assists 5G technology. The premise is wrong by about 40000. It’s a made up number to make the noisy but insignificant anti vaxxer crazies seem plausible. The others who protested were less anti vax but more anti lockdown. They of course were also the superspreaders at the time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: