Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 days

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
@WPT, I think the conspiricy theories are way OTT but I do understand people being vaccination reluctant. Remember our own Taswegian (Via Ballarat) Possum Wrangler who was too scared to get the AZ Shot?

It's like everything, you get most people somewhere near centre and a minority on the extreme fringes, but the funny thing is, that can only be a single topic they're extreme about while otherwise being somewhat sensible.

The nut jobs who hold most of their beliefs on the extreme fringe are the dangerous ones as they have the fevour of a religous zealot.

The only problem with that argument (and the inherent flaw in trying to use a so called middle road example) is what is the opposite of an anti vaxxer crazie?
Answer: an immunologist, an epidemiologist, a rational person or someone with brain.
As you know mandatory vaccination was and remains an Australia wide policy not a Victorian only policy.
The demos were more about lockdown aided and abetted by the Murdoch press who thought so erroneously they on a winner.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:14 am

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
I think the ultimate truth is that, in a state of 4.5 million enrolled voters, 500,000 is a lot but not enough on its own to turn the tide if the vast majority of those people were always going to vote (or preference) Liberal anyway.

…...

There was no where near 50000. That number was as true as saying a vaccine assists 5G technology. The premise is wrong by about 40000. It’s a made up number to make the noisy but insignificant anti vaxxer crazies seem plausible. The others who protested were less anti vax but more anti lockdown. They of course were also the superspreaders at the time.
this!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:16 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Whilst anti vaxxers are crazy, those who tweet ILoveDan are just as nuts and are probably in higher numbers, now that’s scary.

But pretending 95% of the population chose to get vaccinated is a complete lie, 95% of the population chose to get sick 3 times in order to keep their jobs. Without mandates it probably would have been closer to 50-60% vaccinated.
4 times and counting, and the only people I know who got sick from the vaccine were antivaxers before they got it! Funny that!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:45 am

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
I think the ultimate truth is that, in a state of 4.5 million enrolled voters, 500,000 is a lot but not enough on its own to turn the tide if the vast majority of those people were always going to vote (or preference) Liberal anyway.

…...

There was no where near 50000. That number was as true as saying a vaccine assists 5G technology. The premise is wrong by about 40000. It’s a made up number to make the noisy but insignificant anti vaxxer crazies seem plausible. The others who protested were less anti vax but more anti lockdown. They of course were also the superspreaders at the time.

Seems you’re right – I looked up an article and the VicPol estimate was more like 20,000. Still a lot, but more like 0.5% of the voting population than the over 10% that the 500,000 figure suggests. The lower figure seems a lot more plausible to me, to be honest.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:11 pm

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Whilst anti vaxxers are crazy, those who tweet ILoveDan are just as nuts and are probably in higher numbers, now that’s scary.

But pretending 95% of the population chose to get vaccinated is a complete lie, 95% of the population chose to get sick 3 times in order to keep their jobs. Without mandates it probably would have been closer to 50-60% vaccinated.
4 times and counting, and the only people I know who got sick from the vaccine were antivaxers before they got it! Funny that!

So about 50% of Australians are antivaxers, interesting claim.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:28 pm

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

…...

Seems you’re right – I looked up an article and the VicPol estimate was more like 20,000. Still a lot, but more like 0.5% of the voting population than the over 10% that the 500,000 figure suggests. The lower figure seems a lot more plausible to me, to be honest.

I think the source of the 500,000 estimate was the ever-reliable Clive Palmer, so why would we doubt it?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:43 pm

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/file_uploads/Special_report_-_Operation_Daintree_-_April_2023_60msbHkw.PDF

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-19/ibac-vic-government-daniel-andrews-operation-daintree-findings/102237590
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:18 am

eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

So about 50% of Australians are antivaxers, interesting claim.

I can honestly say I don’t know 50% of Australians!

Nor do I want to!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:10 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/file_uploads/Special_report_-_Operation_Daintree_-_April_2023_60msbHkw.PDF

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-19/ibac-vic-government-daniel-andrews-operation-daintree-findings/102237590

Fake news!!

Nothing to see here....move along......thrice elected.......increased majority......

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:47 am

Breaking news, the Andrews Government is corrupt and has centralised power in the Premiers office.

In other breaking news, water is wet and the sun rises in the East.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Breaking news, the Andrews Government is corrupt and has centralised power in the Premiers office.

Really? I thought he was a man of integrity.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:36 pm

Can anyone who knows more about this fill me in on what his culpability is (or may be) here? Or is it likely that the buck will stop with the (ex-) ministers?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:24 pm

^

You could read the report that P4S linked for all details, but my take is as follows.

DHHS awarded a $1.2M contract to the HWU - Health Workers Union (a corrupt basket case in it's own right) to deliver training to Health Workers, without a competitive tender process and despite the facts that they weren't a registered training organisation (RTO), refused to partner with a TAFE and had zero experience in providing any training to anyone.

The people who awarded them the contract were pressured by staff from the Premiers office with implied threats.

The other findings relate to how the Premiers Officer has their fingers in everything and override ministerial responsibility, thus the comment about centralisation of power.

There's also plenty of comment about how Dan's dismissal of the report was totally wrong, but indicative of a man who only answers the questions he wants to and plays the media (and public) on a break.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:31 pm

^ Yes, on that last point – I thought that was poor too.

If staff from Andrews' office are involved that suggests he's somewhat less likely to emerge from this clean.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:49 pm

^

Teflon Dan? Who's going to hold him to account?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: