Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Collingwood v Adelaide - Wizard Cup GF

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:40 am
Post subject: Pre-Match: Collingwood v Adelaide - Wizard Cup GFReply with quote

What do we all think? I'm expecting a physical match and although I still don't think we'll play our best football (lets save that for later in the year!), we have this fantastic ability to step up a gear whenever we need to. We'll run them ragged!

GO PIES!
Marg
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:52 am
Post subject: Thanks for that Marg!!Reply with quote

I believe we will win. Adelaide's mentalitly that if they stop Buckley, they stop Collingwood is stupid. We beat them well both times last year and I can't see them beating us this time. They have a good midfield but ours has shown to be better (TWICE) and both the forward line and the backline are working a treat.

Pies by 34 points.
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confident we'll have a win (it worries me though - cos I haven't been confident before any of our previous Wizard Cup matches...)

Our 'no-name' backline is already showing that it's picked up where it left off at the GF last season - very frugal when it comes to allowing the opposition to score. They are clearing the ball away from the danger zone with apparent ease.

Our midfield, with Tarkyn and Burns as the linkmen, are playing well, opening up the spaces. And of course Nath is in there tackling hard as usual and providing his normal brilliant finishing touches.

Our forward line is probably our weakest point at the moment - with a majority of our scoring coming from players further upfield running into attack (hence the reason for our 9 pointers!). That said, Molloy is already showing promising signs and his work off the ball has been great so far. Joshy looked better last week, Williams seems a good addition (I still keep getting him mixed up with Nick Davis though - I wish he'd lose those bike short thingys!!!), and Chrissy is leading and marking well (he's just gotta learn to convert more! His goal kicking still lets him down at times).

Anyway, that's the way I see it - and for this reason I can't see any way that the Crows can possibly beat us. We are far too strong overall!

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:17 am

I think we will see a bit of repetition of last years prelim. They will come out fired up and will lead at qrt time.

Then class will prevail (AGAIN) and the pies will march on to our first of 2 pieces of silverware for this year.
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:18 am

Ahhhhhhh the crows....they brought me such joy last year Laughing ....firstly at Footy Park..THAT second quater...you know the one...9 goals in like 15 minutes....so glad I could be there....and naturally the prelim last year...THAT third quater...you know the one....when the MCG was shaking and we as Collingwood supporters shook the very foundations that hold the southern stand up!!!!

And now we have them in a pre-season GF....we match up well against adelaide...the midfield is the strength of the crows but unfortunately for them...ours is better, stronger, quicker and more skillful...with the addition of Williams and Woewodin....we have too many options...

pies will win easily in front of 41,326 ....

BRING EM ON!!!!!!!!

TERRY
CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:18 pm

This game will be won in the forward line. I reckon it will be a high scoring game and it will be out of woey and Bucks for BOG.
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
eddieforprez 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:45 pm
Post subject: HmmmmReply with quote

A lot depends on how MM uses rocca and cloke. Cloke in the forward line could be a revelation, might be as good a forward as his old man! Rocca may turn out to be a great move dropping back to centre half back,with Josh giving some height up front. I reckon pies and easy.

CAAS a slice of lemon? nice to see your tastes have changed!! Shocked

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:12 pm

Teams for the GF:

Adelaide: Andrew Crowell, Wayne Carey, Matthew Clarke, Ronnie Burns, Nigel Smart, Nathan Bassett, Tyson Edwards, Matthew Bode, Michael Doughty, Jason Torney, Ken McGregor, Graham Johncock, Mark Stevens, Tyson Stenglein, James Gallagher, Ian Perrie, Andrew McLeod, Brett Burton, Mark Bickley, James Begley, Ben Marsh, Mark Ricciuto, Brent Reilly, Ben Hart, Rhett Biglands, Simon Goodwin, Martin Mattner, Chris Ladhams

Collingwood: Rupert Betheras, Scott Burns, Nathan Buckley, James Clement, Jason Cloke, Richard Cole, Leon Davis, Alan Didak, Josh Fraser, Brodie Holland, Ben Johnson, Ben Kinnear, Paul Licuria, Tarkyn Lockyer, Matthew Lokan, Ryan Lonie, Steve McKee, Jarrod Molloy, Shane O'Bree, Simon Prestigiacomo, Anthony Rocca, Heath Scotland, Rhyce Shaw, Chris Tarrant, Shane Wakelin, Tristan Walker, Andrew Williams, Shane Woewodin

Anjela04 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:25 pm

Carey will not play. Those Adelaide W*****S are playing games with us!
BRING HIM ON I SAY - LET Presti or Wakelin MAKE A FOOL OUT OF THE HACK Mad

The Magnificent Didak is going to BLITZ this weekend. Remember that!

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:22 pm

We have way too many options in attack for them to keep us fully covered, whilst without Welsh (and probably Carey) they won't have enough to bother us. I also think we have passed them in terms of midfield power with the addition of Woey and them losing Johnson.

Another big win coming up I feel, Tarks to continue his pre-season brilliance with BOG.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:03 pm

According top Paul Roos in the Telegraph today,the PIES will be too strong across the centre and the forward pocket....Carey will be used on and off the bench (who cares)and the PIES will win easily.
Thats the gospel according to Paul Roos.Also a BIG story on Shane Woewodin and how well he has fitted across the centre line.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:20 pm
Post subject: Carey may not playReply with quote

Carey may not be playing. Read this link:

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=78936
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:08 pm
Post subject: Buckley ups the anteReply with quote

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=78942
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:22 pm

Who cares if Carey does play,he is yet another player who the pies will have to beat. Ok,so he's a great player but if the pies worry to much about Carey then someone else may slip under the guard.

*I'm nervous about this game,as I am before every game*

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:42 pm

I have heard a whisper that O'bree will make way for Tristan Walker tonight, has anyone else heard something similar?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: