Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL Round 5

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anywhere to watch a replay? At work and I can have it on in the background.
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Is there anywhere to watch a replay? At work and I can have it on in the background.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/911043/vfl-match-replay-r5-collingwood-v-essendon?videoId=911043&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1682215200001&tagNames=ProgramCategory:Match%20Replays&references=AFL_COMPSEASON:55
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:53 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Josh Carmichael was epic today- could easily have had 5 goals to his name.

At 190cms and 88kgs, there is a lot to like- yes, he must polish up his field kicking but he is very hard at the contest and his second half today gave a real glimpse of what his future may hold. (Don't forget, a little over 12 months ago he was playing footy in the bush.

The field kicking accuracy is always going to be there with Josh. But what was great in the second half was the leadership quality he showed. He became the midfield quarterback player - in contested situations, especially in the middle, he'd be the one on the defensive side of the pack, getting the ball fed to him, and going long. Now if only he had Daniel Rich like accuracy...

Another difference between the two sides in the second half was Jetta. He read the play well as you'd expect, and added a calming influence on the backline, keeping it organised. By comparison Essendon's defenders got themselves into a mess repeatedly, standing far too close to each other, jumping at the same ball, and the loose balls were collected by our small brigade.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:24 pm

What I do like about Carmichael is you can see he’s a bit slimmer from last year and that suggests to me he’s working hard to give himself every chance to succeed while he’s in the AFL. To be fair, breaking into the Collingwood senior midfield isn’t easy ( and neither Adams and Lipinski were available this round ) That’s why I’m just not sure where Carmichaels next full game opportunity is going to come from while he’s at Collingwood. He’s also got competition from MacRae and Allan too. I hope he makes it, I hope they all make it but they can’t all play seniors in the same week.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:48 am

FT = Collingwood 14.13.97 defeated Essendon 13.11.89

Goals: McInnes 3, Glover 3, Carmichael 3, Murley 2, Wilson 1, Voulanas 1, Harrison 1.

Disposals: Carmichael 33, Wilson 32, Lane 28, Jetta 21, Flynn 19, Allan 19, Tomasiello 17, Tardrew 17, Bianco 16.

AF Points: Carmichael 125, Wilson 117, Lane 98, Allan 93, Murley 84, Jetta 80, McInnes 72, Wilson 69, Bianco 69.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:51 am

Clearances: Carmichael 7, Steene 3, Murley 3, Longmire 3, Tomasiello 2.

Tackles: Allan 7, Steene 6, Murley 6, Longmire 6, Wilson 5.

Marks: Jetta 8, Wilson 5, Wilson 5, Allan 5, Tardrew 4.

Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:43 pm

I watched the game live and thought it was a terrific gutsy win by the Collingwood boys who were very light on for experience and for height. Couple of players to catch my eye;
Josh Carmichael - Clearly BOG. He showed get leadership and he certainly has a great long kick at goal skill with great confidence to kick over 50 meters from a set shot. Certainly a lot to work with his game with my concern being that he may be a bit one-paced (i.e. doesn't have the speed to be really good at AFL level) but he does appear to be a natural footballer with still a bit of upside to his game. Tough to find a spot in the starting 23 at AFL level but at the moment he is not a bad depth player to have in reserve for what is a long season.

Cooper Murley - Developing well and showing some nice skills with speed that makes him one to watch for the remainder of this season. Certainly played much better than Harvey Harrison who went missing for most of the match which is disappointing given the high hopes I had for his development this year.

Edward Delany - Not an AFL listed player, but I thought he did really well to provide some much needed size in the back half after Silvangi went off.

Ed Allan - Does some nice things and looks promising, but I'd be surprised if he debuts this year in the AFL if yesterday's game is any measure. He looks to me as though he still needs to grow into his body size as he seemed to loose most of the one-on-one contested contests that he was involved in.

Reef McInnes - played as the leading forward and did well enough to score 3 goals. Not sure he is strong enough in the contested marking to make it as a third forward at AFL level, e.g. could he become a regular goal kicker like Melbourne's Bayley Fritsch? Reef certainly has the height and good skills so maybe he just needs a couple more preseasons in the gym to add some more strength to his game.

Tom Wilson (the AFL listed one) - Doesn't do enough for me to progress from a serviceable VFL player. Just doesn't seem to have sufficent skills or physical capabilities to make it. In my view he would be likely to be cut from the list at the end of this year. I'd love him to prove me wrong and get a string of good games behind him that keep the pressure for selection on the likes of Ash Johnson for that third tall forward.

Trent Bianco - a good VFL player but another one who seems to lack any exceptional physical capabilities to be able to cement a position in the AFL team. Another player who may struggle to hold his spot on the list at the end of this season albeit he was doing ok in a few games last year. With Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Hoskin-Elliot getting older he may be able to develop further but didn't do enough yesterday to put much pressure on the existing AFL players.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:40 am

Pies currently 7th on the ladder with a Bye next round.

Round 5 review:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/911894/review-smithy-s-vfl-round-5

Full game replay also available on 7Plus.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:37 am

Coaches votes:

10 Josh Carmichael (COL)
7 Nick Bryan (ESS)
7 Neville Jetta (COL)
4 Tom Wilson (COL)
2 John Jorgensen (ESS)

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:48 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Coaches votes:

10 Josh Carmichael (COL)
7 Nick Bryan (ESS)
7 Neville Jetta (COL)
4 Tom Wilson (COL)
2 John Jorgensen (ESS)

I watched the replay (thanks blackmissionary for the link above), which Tom Wilson got the votes, that’s a surprise. I thought Murley could have received some votes. I thought he put in a great second half, scored some pivotal goals and assists too. He’s lightweight but looks a better prospect to me than Harrison and Draper from the same draft.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:12 pm

^^^

Keep in mind, we have two Tom Wilson’s regularly playing together in the Collingwood VFL team. One is AFL listed and the other is VFL listed. I’d be very confident the votes above went to the VFL listed Wilson, who was everywhere in the midfield.
The AFL listed Wilson ( #12 ) is 194cm and blond, while the VFL listed Wilson ( #56 ) is 175cm and dark hair.
They got the votes right because Jetta was easily our second best player on the day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: