Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victoria says no to the Commonwealth Games

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, the $6-7 billion is bullshit, but they’ll spend over $3 billion in the end and get no return, there is no way it’ll be a better outcome!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:14 pm

Vic Labor projects are 28 billion over budget. Add 1 billion to exit out of the Games, that 29 billion in taxpayer money wasted.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:24 pm

Turns out it only cost $380M to not stage the games. Bargain. Rolling Eyes

he's good at burning money is Dan, paying to not build roads and not host sporting events, blowing infrastructure budgets out of the water. The only thing he's better at is avoiding accountability.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:48 pm

Victorians have the debt they deserve.
The fact that dumbo Dan was re elected last year proves that Victorians ideology precedes any rationality or financial acumen.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:11 pm

Another day of Andrews treating taxpayers money like confetti.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:16 am

slangman wrote:
The fact that dumbo Dan was re elected last year proves that Victorians ideology precedes any rationality or financial acumen.

The biggest problem is Dan was re elected because he had no real opposition, not sure if things have changed enough even now. I don't believe in all this nonsense that Dan has this cult following and is loved by many. I think most people believe that his government is dodgy and corrupt but most likely less than the opposition.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:48 am

This is the worst thing that ever happened.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:25 pm

KenH wrote:
slangman wrote:

The biggest problem is Dan was re elected because he had no real opposition, not sure if things have changed enough even now. I don't believe in all this nonsense that Dan has this cult following and is loved by many. I think most people believe that his government is dodgy and corrupt but most likely less than the opposition.

He definitely has a cult following, mostly of rusted on Labor voters who won't hear a bad word said about him. I know some of them.

many others though are in your second category with a minor exception, I don't think many people think the Libs are as dodgy or corrupt as Dandrews, they're just hopelessly unelectable. Labor's primary vote bled at the last election but little of it went to the Libs, it went elsewhere and came back as preferences.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:37 pm

As a rusted on Labor man, (also a rusted on magpie fan) I find it amusing that the right wingers are still sooking, whinging and whining about Dan the Man instead of concentrating on fixing up their own shitty broken cage. To take the opposition seriously, they need to appoint someone who commands respect and integrity. I would have thought that if they did this, they would have a much better chance of winning the next election. Surely this is a priority before chucking mud, some of which sticks on the chucker? Diversity of opinions is great as long as it emanates from a respected source 🙄
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:01 pm

^

Speaking for myself, not my cage to fix, I have no skin in any political party. It's not whining to note that the Dandrews Government is corrupt and unaccountable, nor is it unreasonable to note that the Victorian Libs in particular are basically unelectable.

It's easy to suggest they appoint a strong leader but the cupboard is pretty bare due to their useless preselection processes. The party doesn't just need an enema but a full colon cleanout.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:08 pm

Firstly I was talking generally and not replying to you specifically SM. And you are right about the lack of leadership. However I was trying to be solution based to solve this issue. I repeat that they would be better off choosing a leader who would be taken seriously and then they would have the community listening to them. As long as the choice is on merit, a female leader would garner support from a wide variety of people I guess. They continue to give free kicks away and as we know it is bloody hard to win under those circumstances. Isn’t there a tennis player interested in participating in right wing politics? Get him on board and go for it.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:38 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
As a rusted on Labor man, (also a rusted on magpie fan) I find it amusing that the right wingers are still sooking, whinging and whining about Dan the Man instead of concentrating on fixing up their own shitty broken cage. To take the opposition seriously, they need to appoint someone who commands respect and integrity. I would have thought that if they did this, they would have a much better chance of winning the next election. Surely this is a priority before chucking mud, some of which sticks on the chucker? Diversity of opinions is great as long as it emanates from a respected source 🙄

Pesutto seems pretty decent as these things go. But beneath him they’re a real rabble, overly held hostage to the Christian fundamentalist right and always at risk of a leadership challenge at the drop of a hat from idiots like Matthew Guy and Tim Smith.

As I see it, state Libs tend to only have two modes: 1) "tough on crime" justice policy, and 2) going after Labor’s inevitable corruption and mismanagement. They do better when they stick to the latter, but I think – or at least hope – that the former falls on deaf ears in this state, which is generally too socially progressive for that kind of tabloid politics to work.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:42 pm

They've got Sam Groth, he'll need some time to learn the political game but could be a good contender. Thing is though, the Libs aren't really a right wing party, despite some media nuffies trying to drag them there anymore than Labor is really a left wing party. Both really sit around centre with few ideological differences with Labor leaning left on some things and Libs right.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:03 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean by “right wing”.
I can’t stand Andrews as he has proven to be a financial incompetent fool and liar but i also seriously dislike neo nazi’s.

Steve Bracks was a nothing and nobody before he was surprisingly elected and turned out ok once given the opportunity.
How do you know that the Libs wouldn’t do better?
The simple fact is that the Libs are the unknown and Dan is the known.
If you choose the known (for supposed fear of the unknown), then you deserve all the debt and destruction that this idiot and incompetent narcissist continues to inflict.

It's about as laughable as keeping Bucks because he was “known” over giving an opportunity to Fly who nobody was really certain about as he’d never coached an AFL team before.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:34 pm

Dan's stoop speaks volumes. He literally can't lie straight, even in bed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: