Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Player signings

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Or he didn't answer honestly.

Anyway, you ask those questions of people you're going to ask to move halfway across the continent, not of players you'd like to have drive 45 minutes to training up a major freeway.

Appeared to lack character - I want him to fail dismally in his career. He deserves nothing, ever.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:42 pm

We definitely have to celebrate Wrighty Hine and the recruiting team’s successes. At the start of the day there are 18teans competing for all players and we’ve assembled a list that has been coached and played to the top slot and have a strong win loss record over two seasons with a pretty exciting brand. At he end of the day we have to be pretty happy with that.

Macrae has had the same opportunities as other players I’ve the trip so far. It’s fair to say he’s competing with a strong midfield however and he’s not been good enough yet in the VFL to make him an instant in. It’s a shame but that’s the job at the end of they day particularly when you’re at a successful club and maybe the standard is just a little high for him to break in.

Pendles Sidey Adams and Hoskin Elliot all out of the team in the next few years. Does Macrae want to wait to compete for a spot with the other up and comers. Allan already looks like he will overtake Macrae. Is Macrae ahead of Carmichael and Bianco and Ginnivan for the next small in? Bianco moves to half back this year to add more depth and versatility.

We haven’t really seen Macrae in a different VFL role. It’s likely he won’t play centre in the AFL team when he comes in because spots are pretty much only available due to injury at the moment. Maybe he needs to force his way into another role to show the match selection he really wants the AFL opportunity wherever it is on the ground.

Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:25 pm

My Predictions:

Cox - 1 year
Noble - 2 years
Markov - 1 year
Johnson - 2 years
Bianco - Delist
Ruscoe - Delist
Wilson - Delist
Carmichael - 1 year
Kelly - Delist
Harrison - 1 year
Begg - 1 year
Draper - 1 year
Murley - Delist
Steene - 2 years

Wilson has had 5 years, hes 25. Easy delist. Kelly unfortunate with injuries but probably has to go after 5 years. Murley not up to it, similar to Chugg last year, was a late draft pick and re-rookied last year, probably has to go.

Now it gets tough. Bianco has been very solid and is dominating at VFL level, but he is in his 4th season and is very small and slow. Out of him and Draper but I think Draper gets the spot with his potential. I personally think Ruscoe can become an AFL footballer, but despite his good form we are giving emergency to Jakob Ryan, and are seemingly preferring to develop him. I can see him being picked up by Fremantle or West Coast, or even another team.

The amount of delistings will be determined by how many draft picks we make, and how many players we bring in from other clubs. We need to make a minimum of 3 draft picks and I have given us room for two other list spots.

Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:26 pm

DP.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:37 pm

You've summed it up pretty well Alex.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:12 pm
Post subject: Our player re-signing spreeReply with quote

Great to see the club locking in a bunch of players recently with a few others imminent according to latest reports:

* Ed Allan
* Jakob Ryan
* Jeremy Howe
* Beau McCreery
* M Cox
* John Noble
* J Daicos
* Harvey Harrison

Proactive work by Wright and the club is a smart play.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:18 pm

Noble --> 3 year new deal
McCreery --> 3 year new deal
Ryan --> 2 year new deal

Noble, McCreery and Ryan Recommit
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1385671/noble-mccreery-and-ryan-recommit

❤️️

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:39 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:20 pm

Yep, I like this
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:34 pm

Cox -> 2 year new deal

The Age: Cox stays a Pie, Josh Daicos closing in on new deal
By Michael Gleeson and Jake Niall, July 24, 2023 — 10.23am

Collingwood’s out-of-contract big man Mason Cox has signed a new two-year deal, while the Magpies are close to locking away Josh Daicos on long-term contract. The 32-year-old ruckman from Texas has committed to a new two-year deal after being backed in as the second ruck and forward by coach Craig McRae. Sources with knowledge of the contracts, who did not wish to be named, confirmed the Cox deal and said the club also remained in negotiations with Josh Daicos’ management over a six-year contract extension.

The elder of the Daicos brothers, who will be an unrestricted free agent when he comes out of contract at the end of next year, is a priority re-signing for Collingwood. Daicos was a bottom-age selection when taken as a father-son pick and so despite activating free agency, he will play all of next year as a 25-year-old and turn 26 in his next contract. His age has encouraged the club to consider long-term deal.

Cox, in contrast, is 32 years old but was also to be a free agent when coming out of contract at year’s end. He has been a regular under Craig McRae this year working as second ruck and forward to Darcy Cameron. He has played 13 games in the last two years, only missing through injury this year, after playing 32 in the previous three seasons (one of which was COVID-affected). While Cox has largely had a good year and been an effective forward target and second ruck, averaging better than a goal and four marks a game, his form has dropped off recently. He had a poor game on Saturday night against Port Adelaide when he was held goalless and managed only six disposals and two marks. His performance prompted pundit and former North Melbourne premiership player David King to warn he was under pressure to hold his spot.

“I think Mason Cox has a huge challenge right in front of him right now to become tougher in the ruck or more bankable as a forward,” King said on Fox Footy. “Otherwise he’s just like Seinfeld; he’s a big show about nothing. We talk a lot about Mason but he has to find a way to impact games.

“[Ash] Johnson is back in the mix, [Billy] Frampton is back in the mix as a defender that can release maybe Darcy Moore off the [big Charlie] Dixon types. I think Frampton can do 15 ruck knocks a game off the bench. “The challenge is there – second ruck position up for grabs at Collingwood.”

Last week Collingwood announced the re-signing of Beau McCreery and John Noble to new three-year deals while youngster Jakob Ryan, who is yet to make his debut, has been extended for two years. Emerging small forward Harvey Harrison is also close to signing a new deal.

Link (requires login):
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cox-stays-a-pie-josh-daicos-closing-in-on-new-deal-20230724-p5dqq6.html

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:51 pm

Both Allan and Ryan look the real deal to me, so locking them in, having both come from interstate is particularly encouraging.

I assume Ash Johnson is closing in on an extension too, according to the media.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:16 pm

Yep, you sense they want to re-sign Johnson, however more on our terms than his. Probably leaves the following vulnerable come October 31st, the official last day of a player's contract:

* Trent Bianco
* C Murley
* Tom Wilson
* W Kelly
* Trey Ruscoe
* J Carmichael

(all of whom come out of contract this year)

Worth noting that Finn Macrae and Charlie Dean are contracted to the end of 2024, albeit Macrae seemingly may be targeted from rival clubs in the trade period. Believe Steene has been given a likely deal for 2024 but just needs ratifying whilst Begg is seen as a vital big man project player for our future.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:07 pm

Quote:
I assume Ash Johnson is closing in on an extension too, according to the media.

Re-Signed a New 2 Year Deal

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1683378985399361538

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:37 pm

I know that a few here haven’t been Cox’s greatest fans but I’m thrilled that he has signed for a 2 year extension. I think he’ll be huge (pardon the pun) in the finals. He’s the hardest forward to match up on.
Also how good is our current administration to be proactive on these matters? It makes for a happy and settled team without any distractions. Top effort.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:49 pm

Nick Daicos to be re-signed until the end of 2029?

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1684137009697234945

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:45 am

And the Daicos brother extends
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: