Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jordan DeGoey vs Phil Carman

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:00 pm
Post subject: Jordan DeGoey vs Phil CarmanReply with quote

Unfortunately today only highlighted the fact that Jordan DeGoey is nothing more than a glorified tease. And before the defence attorneys prosecute their replies lets consider these facts. Jordan today when we really needed him was given an absolute lesson by Newcombe and Day in centre clearances it bordered on embarrassment. After 3 weeks off for another mid-year indiscretion, albeit this being an on-field one, he has come back and offered nothing over the last month.

Jordan needs to be measured and marked at a higher grading than Adams, Daicos, Sidebottom and Pendles. He held out for a 5 year deal with mitigated behavioural clauses and at 27 years of age and supposedly the fittest he has ever been. His time should be now. Not next year, now!! His contemporaries of Petracca, Oliver, Neale, Butters, Rozee, The Bont and Brayshaw produce game in, game out and what do we get from Jordan? We get:

* cameo flashes of impact at best
* repeated fumbling when the heat is on
* hack kick turnovers infinitum
* zero defence intent
* periods of disappearing

We are a fan base that has for decades accepted less and valued our own at higher share prices than the market. Phil Carman comes to mind. 1977 doesn't bear repeating but simply put when we needed him at the pointy end, he was not there. It wouldn't surprise to see him endure his obligatory leg muscle injury in the next 4 weeks rendering himself lame come finals time. Cynical? You are probably right but that is the one thing he has avoided thus far in 2023.

The above shall be viewed as post game mutterings of an emotional, disenchanted fan. But that isn't the case. If we are truly honest with our side as of August 5th, 2023, we have only 4 players with champion, superstar match defining tendencies:

* Moore
* N Daicos
* Elliott &
* DeGoey

It's completely unfair to rely on a 20 year old to shoulder this burden. Moore is an intercepting defending her saves goals not creates. Jamie is 31 years old
matchwinner whose done "more than enough" in this space particularly in both 2022/23. So that leaves an SOS toJordan DeGoey. Our 2023 hopes lie with you Jordan. today should have been a 35 possession, 3 goals dominating performance against a freshmen mid-field.

I hope you're hurting tonight although I doubt it. I hope this footy opportunity to create history really means something to you like it does for your peers and fans. We have 6 games left, at best to see if you can embrace what you have at your disposal. Please prove me wrong!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post.

JDG kicked 2 goals - tick, but did very little else.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:10 pm

Carman was 25 times the player De Goey is.

I’m sick of people whining about Carman’s “role” in 1977. The team was leading by 27 points at 3/4 time in the Grand Final against a side that had kicked just 4 goals for the first 3 quarters. 20 players choked that day. Carman was not one of them.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:49 pm

Degoey has been hugely disappointing since he came back from suspension.I don’t know what the problem is,but he’s definitely not playing like he was pre suspension.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:47 am

I think you're right. Our list overall is nowhere near good enough. It's amazing we have stayed on top for so long.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:40 pm

he can tease me any day!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:41 pm

he can tease me any day!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:57 pm

With Nick Daicos out, the pressure only rises now.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:12 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Carman was 25 times the player De Goey is.

I’m sick of people whining about Carman’s “role” in 1977. The team was leading by 27 points at 3/4 time in the Grand Final against a side that had kicked just 4 goals for the first 3 quarters. 20 players choked that day. Carman was not one of them.

Carman was a Superstar ahead of his time as a player who was brilliant kick. He was never a choker but his discipline and temperament was wanting. We had that 1977 flag in the bag until his dumb act on Tuck. Ross Dunne tried his best to make it work without Carman but couldn’t pull it off in the GF replay.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:26 pm

^

The first GF was indeed a full team choke, but if Carmen had played, we win.

Losing the Replay was down to Hafey training the players hard during the week when they were all flat and buggered.

IF we had won 77 and Carmen hadn't been shipped off, 79 may well have been different too. Sliding doors.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:13 pm

The point being both go missing when we really need them.
Quincy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:31 pm

Yes Jordy has been disappointing since his suspension and our list is one of the weakest on paper so we need him to stand up.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:49 pm

Quincy wrote:
Yes Jordy has been disappointing since his suspension and our list is one of the weakest on paper so we need him to stand up.

110%

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:07 pm

Ummmm.. as far as I know, JDG has never actually head butted an umpire, has he. ?? Phil did, and never played again.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:52 pm

Neither of them have been the smartest sandwich in the loaf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: