Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
mudlark wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Outs:

* Cox: omit
* Lipinski: omit
* Mitchell: manage
* Pendles: manage

Ins:

* Johnson
* Ginnivan (sub)
* Carmichael: reward
* Hill

Ginnivan has done absolutely nothing to justify a spot in the seniors.Not even as sub. Johnson in Cox out Hill in and I don't know who the out for him will be,is about as far as it will go

rubbish Jack ginni has been great in the VFLfor two weeks, done very well obviously you have not watched him, hes done his time, should come bak in. , Surprised

Yeah well you keep believing that Ginny is some type of magic man. He dog trots around the edges of the ruck, won't chase and isn't keen on the hard stuff. I've watched every VFL game this year and apart from his 27 touch game 2 weeks ago ,has done SFA and even the commentators have admitted so. Still ducking into tackles and I was one of his strongest supporters when he was getting crucified by the media ,but nothing has changed and he's still not learned a thing. Bobby Hill is miles ahead of him and does all the things Ginnivan does not. As one others here have said,I doubt he will be at Collingwood next year.He decided that white powder and partying were good things to do and blew, literally, his spot at Collingwood out the door. great , has not been.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:31 am

To split the difference between the "bring back Ginni" crowd (of which I am a sometime member) and the naysayers, he wouldn't have been named as an emergency several weeks running if McRae and the rest of the coaching staff didn't rate him and didn't see him as right on the cusp of selection. There are many talented players on our list performing in the VFL most weeks, after all, who are not getting that nod. (Carmichael, for instance, seems to be in our best most weeks, but I can't even recall when he was last named in the 26.)

It's also a fact that consistently strong VFL performances don't necessarily correspond to an ability to do it at AFL level – Callum Brown, among many others, would still be on our list if that were so. But that goes the other way too; Ash Johnson came straight back into the AFL team a couple of weeks ago after a performance in the seconds that could only be described as a debacle. It's not rocket science: whatever they do in the seconds – and obviously it's expected that they show the right attitude and don't sook it up – players like Johnson and Ginnivan are known inside and outside the club to be capable of standing up in big matches, and have demonstrated that on many occasions. So it should hardly be a surprise if Ginnivan returns to the team soon without having set the world on fire in the VFL.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:10 pm

The ONLY reason Ginni is not in the side at present is because we are basically injury free. Same for the likes of McCrae, Frampton, McInness, Krueger, Carmichael etc…

You can debate it all you like but it comes down to the simple fact that 30 into 23 doesn’t go, therefore someone misses out.

The positives are that our VFL side will play finals and we will have a big core of HUNGRY players awaiting a chance to play at the highest level. It’s a bloody great position to be in. We are making changes by choice, not necessity.

Unfortunately history tells us that the amazing injury free run won’t last, which means that players WILL get their opportunity.

The coaches will also take a ‘horses for courses’ approach. If they see the best way to beat an opponent is a small, fast forward line, they may swap a tall for a small for example.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:10 pm

David wrote:
Nope, Markov’s the named sub this week.

Full team here:

B: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
HB: Brayden Maynard, Nathan Murphy, Scott Pendlebury
C: Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Lipinski, Josh Daicos
HF: Bobby Hill, Brody Mihocek, Nick Daicos
F: Jamie Elliott, Daniel McStay, Beau McCreery
R: Darcy Cameron, Jordan De Goey, Jack Crisp
Int: Tom Mitchell, John Noble, Taylor Adams, Ash Johnson
Sub: Oleg Markov

Emg: Billy Frampton, Jack Ginnivan, Mason Cox

In: Hill, Johnson
Out: Cox, Hoskin-Elliott (sub)

That full team has H-E as sub.

From the AFL site: Mason Cox (Omitted), Oleg Markov (Omitted), Will Hoskin-Elliott (Sub)

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:01 pm

As some have said, this is our strongest team for the year. I agree. It is our strongest team of the year ON PAPER. In reality it's not as strong as the team we watched in the first half of the season. Miocek and Lipinski are out of form and Mitchell looks tired. Also, there's lingering uncertainty about the best make-up of the team. Ideally we'll win big against Hawthorn and develop some impetus which will be required against the better teams.

I don't understand the enormous love for Ginnivan shown on this site. He has some smarts but he lacks pace and doesn't get into enough contests. I agree with Mudlark's comments.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:50 pm

Donny wrote:
David wrote:
Nope, Markov’s the named sub this week.

Full team here:

B: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
HB: Brayden Maynard, Nathan Murphy, Scott Pendlebury
C: Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Lipinski, Josh Daicos
HF: Bobby Hill, Brody Mihocek, Nick Daicos
F: Jamie Elliott, Daniel McStay, Beau McCreery
R: Darcy Cameron, Jordan De Goey, Jack Crisp
Int: Tom Mitchell, John Noble, Taylor Adams, Ash Johnson
Sub: Oleg Markov

Emg: Billy Frampton, Jack Ginnivan, Mason Cox

In: Hill, Johnson
Out: Cox, Hoskin-Elliott (sub)

That full team has H-E as sub.

From the AFL site: Mason Cox (Omitted), Oleg Markov (Omitted), Will Hoskin-Elliott (Sub)

Donny you are reading it wrong, Hoskin-Elliott has been omitted the sub next to his name is because he was a sub last week.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:58 pm

I get it that posters have a love or hate relationship with Ginny (I’m unashamedly in the former group) but if Collingwood gets rid of him, it will be the biggest blunder the club has made since they appointed John Cahill as coach ahead of John Kennedy or when Tuddy crashed into McKenna in the 1970 grand final! We all make mistakes in life if we’re honest about it and Craig McRae is the perfect coach to help Ginny (like he did with Jordy) resolve a few issues and get back to doing what he knows best, kicking goals for Collingwood. We should never underestimate the importance of the strong relationships McRae has with his players. He is a genius at solving problems.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:43 pm

Over the last 18 years or so 90% of the premiers have won 3 or 4 of their last four games. Time to get back to Pressure Pies.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:23 pm

David wrote:
To split the difference between the "bring back Ginni" crowd (of which I am a sometime member) and the naysayers, he wouldn't have been named as an emergency several weeks running if McRae and the rest of the coaching staff didn't rate him and didn't see him as right on the cusp of selection. There are many talented players on our list performing in the VFL most weeks, after all, who are not getting that nod. (Carmichael, for instance, seems to be in our best most weeks, but I can't even recall when he was last named in the 26.)

It's also a fact that consistently strong VFL performances don't necessarily correspond to an ability to do it at AFL level – Callum Brown, among many others, would still be on our list if that were so. But that goes the other way too; Ash Johnson came straight back into the AFL team a couple of weeks ago after a performance in the seconds that could only be described as a debacle. It's not rocket science: whatever they do in the seconds – and obviously it's expected that they show the right attitude and don't sook it up – players like Johnson and Ginnivan are known inside and outside the club to be capable of standing up in big matches, and have demonstrated that on many occasions. So it should hardly be a surprise if Ginnivan returns to the team soon without having set the world on fire in the VFL.

Of course they might put Ginnivan on the emergency list in an attempt to boost the asking price for him. I agree with Mudlark et al, I think Ginnivan's cards are marked and we now have better options than him.

Also I think Johnson was being rested that time and wasn't sent back to the reserves to find form. He had a few weeks beforehand which were hard on his body and he clearly needed a rest. That certainly explains why he was able to coast in the reserves and come back to senior footy the next week.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:41 pm

KenH wrote:
Donny you are reading it wrong, Hoskin-Elliott has been omitted the sub next to his name is because he was a sub last week.

Thanks, Ken. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:00 pm

David wrote:
I’m not exactly shocked to see Hoskin-Elliott dropped, but the fact that he hasn’t even been named in the emergencies really surprises me. Must be his first VFL game in a very long time coming up.

Hadn’t played for a few weeks (injured) then came straight back in as sub. I think he needs match fitness & the club has chosen to do that through the VFL.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:03 pm

VicParkTragic wrote:
Good argument that the team named this week
is the best one we’ve fielded all year. I’m tending to think so.

IMO Frampton is in the best 23. Plays back, can ruck & can play forward.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:20 pm

Ginnivan's problems are three-fold:

1. He got ahead of himself over the Summer with the drugs breach
2. He is slow without strong endurance
3. Umpires have curbed his one wood insofar as scoring

The word is that he is committed to the Pies and obviously contracted for next year. The interesting thing is are we committed to him?? With Grundy, Treloar, Phillips and Stephenson shown the door, the club may see him superfluous to needs and a pick in the 30's may be alluring to us.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:45 pm

The gap between Hawthorns best and worst is large but when at their best they have the capacity to move the ball quickly and score heavily when they have the momentum.

Can't recall to many times across the years that Hawthorn haven't shown up when playing Collingwood and I'm sure Mitchell would love a scalp before the season is out.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:46 pm

Donny wrote:
KenH wrote:

Thanks, Ken. Very Happy

No problem, it is confusing!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: