Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Markov should be in the 22 in place of Noble.

My worry is we're playing coaches' favourites ahead of ability. Like it or not there's a level of ruthlessness needed to be successful in AFL. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning anything with Noble in the side.

Adams (kicking) , Mitchell (slow, kicking), Johnson (soft), Lipinski (slow, soft) the other players on the fringe I'd have a question mark over, although a strong case could be made for all 4 based on their strengths

I'd also love to fit Frampton in the side. Which of our big men can stream through the centre and bomb a 55m goal like he did against Gold Coast. That was impressive.
Krueger the other wildcard for mine if his form and fitness keep rising in the VFL.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:27 am

I hear and respect opinions here but I disagree with the above comments. I have complete faith and confidence in Craig McRae to pick the most appropriate players in his best team to represent Collingwood. He shows astute knowledge of picking the team best suited to beating the opposition we are playing. I trust him to continue doing this. What I find funny here sometimes are the comments about player X being the coach’s favourite and getting a game ahead of a player that the poster likes 😆 Hello! The player is in the team because McRae and the selectors have decided that the particular player is better than the player the poster wants in. I love the great divide that Noble causes, not only here but among my magpie buddies too 😝 I think he is a very important part of this team and fully deserves his place for his desperate tackling and the one percenters. I would play him every week.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:21 am

Harrysz wrote:
As some have said, this is our strongest team for the year. I agree. It is our strongest team of the year ON PAPER. In reality it's not as strong as the team we watched in the first half of the season. Miocek and Lipinski are out of form and Mitchell looks tired. Also, there's lingering uncertainty about the best make-up of the team. Ideally we'll win big against Hawthorn and develop some impetus which will be required against the better teams.

I don't understand the enormous love for Ginnivan shown on this site. He has some smarts but he lacks pace and doesn't get into enough contests. I agree with Mudlark's comments.

The lad's not much over 20 and is a rookie pick. Sure, he could go the way of McGough (also an Anzac Day medal), but you don't wish away young talent; you do everything you can to get him over the line.

That reserves game two weeks ago was promising. Apparently last week he was also good, if less prolific (possibly to due to role or the nature of the game; VFL watchers would know).

Not everything has to be reduced to internet-level love/hate/this side/that side nonsense. You want the lad to succeed for both himself and the club Confused

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:56 am

I don't want Collingwood to trade Ginnivan and I hope he succeeds. I just think that Bobby Hill offers much more and there isn't room for both of them in the side.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:19 am

Harrysz wrote:
I don't want Collingwood to trade Ginnivan and I hope he succeeds. I just think that Bobby Hill offers much more and there isn't room for both of them in the side.

I’m not sure that this is true, I can see both playing in the same team. Our problem is not putting enough early scoreboard pressure on the opposition and both these guys are good goal kickers. I can see them both playing.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:32 pm

As I have said repeatedly, Ginnivan is currently not fit enough for AFL footy, and nothing I have seen in the VFL would suggest otherwise.

He has the tools, he needs to get fit, this dog trotting around the ground in unacceptable at AFL.

Not the first 20 year old to learn this lesson the hard way, how he responds in the offseason will influence what the Club does with him I reckon....

But I doubt he will be back in, injuries permitting

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: