Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Hawks. Late changes, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a big response today after a disappointing loss last week. I like the inclusions of Johnson and Hill. Adds some spark to our forward line.

I still believe the key to beating Hawthorn is cutting off Sicily's ability to take easy intercept marks, which will deny them the ability to play their natural game.

There's always a sense of trepidation playing Hawthorn regardless of their ladder position because of our poor H2H record against them since the 1970s.

pablo 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:08 pm

Has anyone else lost patience with Lipinkski? Always caught flat footed and caught with the ball. I think he is a slow decision maker too - at least if he was in motion he'd buy himself more time. I just don't see what he adds to the team. Would prefer several ahead of him - Ginni could do better in that position.

While I am on it, concerns with WHE and Cox too. Would prefer Frampton and Johnson.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:12 pm

I’m very concerned about Lipinski’s form. He might be on notice today.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:37 pm

I said this about lipinski 2 weeks ago

Enjoy guys , cheer for me!
I’m in Banff Canada!

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:46 pm

I think most reasonable observers saw a rather flat looking Collingwood last week against Carlton and put part of that down to the previous weeks effort against Port in Adelaide.

Port also looked very flat against the Crows, so I don't think we can under estimate the impact of that game in the conditions.

Also in regards to last week even though we looked flat and were outplayed, we still created enough opportunities to win the game if we'd kicked straight.

Jarrod Wade mentioned in the injury report this week, that after the Friday night game the players were given three days off to freshen up.

So today I'm hoping to see a fresh hunger and attack on the ball and opposition.

Forward line looks better on paper with Hill & AJ as ins, and I hope we see Howey back in the front half at some stage (not out of necessity though).

Pies by plenty if we play to our strengths and like a team two games clear on top with four rounds to go.

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:07 pm

think positive wrote:

I’m in Banff Canada!

How are you going to take match day photos from there?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:47 pm

think better wrote:
think positive wrote:

I’m in Banff Canada!

How are you going to take match day photos from there?

Will a stag or 2 suffice?!

It’s killing Me the game starts at 12.15am!! And kayo won’t work!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:58 pm

think positive wrote:

I’m in Banff Canada!

Banff Canada?Lucky girl,Jo.Enjoy your trip over there. Very Happy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:17 pm

mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pleased with the changes, sharpen up the attack no end now. Be good to squeeze in Jack Ginni, Frampton somehow. The Dawks are not a shadow of the team of few seasons back, that gave us hell, Hodge. Mitchell, Rioli, Burgoyne, Roughead etc, this Dawk team bit inexperienced. Only two players concern me that erratic Sicily, and Luke Bruest, who is a really damn fine goal kicker, can boot 4 goals in one qtr, has been knows too. Both of them must be closely monitored. I reckon they will have a go for bout 2 and a bit qtrs, then we will put the pedal to the floor, and roll over them, as the Saints did last week. We had our loss we had to have last week, the wake up call, now we have woken up good and proper. Woods by 37+ points.

I have noticed on a few occasions, your want to "Squeeze" Ginnivan into the team P & C. I'd be interested to know just where and more importantly,WHY?? apart from a pretty good game 2 weeks ago in the 2's, he has done nothing, and reinforced his inability to chase or tackle or back up. Who would he displace as a small forward?/Elliot? Hill? He is miles ahead of him. Adams?? He's harder than a cats head and is ferocious in the packs. Surely you can't think he is somehow a mid field replacement for who?? I'm afraid that the only way back for Ginny is if their is a major injury toll at the club. I doubt he will be there next year and particularly if they want to keep Macrae and Reef.

Ginni is still young, NO way would I be letting him go to any other club, we could very easily end up with egg all over our faces. That wont happen. Jack has done quite well in last two VFL games, Im not saying put him in now an replace Bobby or Ash , but suely we couild run him off the Bench, from week to week. Hed be a good weapon to bring on after half time, as he has been known to do before, My ideal fo rward line, would revolve around, Checkers, McStay, Jamie, Bobby, Ash, and Ginni, that terrible six would be a friggin nightmare for most Opposition defences. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:56 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
think positive wrote:

I’m in Banff Canada!

Thanks hon been a truly amazing week! We were here in 2017 and it’s where I accidentally discovered photography! I wanted to come back now I know what I’m doing! Pretty stoked so far! We have had 2 nights at lake Louise and 2 in jasper, off to Alaska on Sunday, just a cruise! It’s midnight but I know the game starts soon so how can I sleep!!!

Go my beautiful Pies!!!!
Cheers xx

Last edited by think positive on Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:56 pm

ONE more thing, as we wait for this match too start,at this ludicrous time , I want a real solid, 4 quarter effort today, four full quarters against this mob. I was at the Dockers match, and aside from the outstanding second quarter, we just seemed to jog along, lope along, for rest of the match, the last qtr was pretty poor really, we won by 46 points, should have won by 66, really. We need a solid four quarters today, in preparation for the Finals campaigns.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:58 pm

100% and yes we need to keep Ginnie!!!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:22 pm

Very important game today.
If we win confidently and decisively, it is a strong step towards the necessary momentum and form buildup required before finals.

Losing would be damaging, and just falling across the line against 16th ranked on the ladder, would do nothing for our buildup.

As Jezza mentions, historically we have an abysmal record against Hawthorn.
As I usually am, I am worried pre game.
Go Pies!!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:22 pm

think positive wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
think positive wrote:

I’m in Banff Canada!

Thanks hon been a truly amazing week! We were here in 2017 and it’s where I accidentally discovered photography! I wanted to come back now I know what I’m doing! Pretty stoked so far! We have had 2 nights at lake Louise and 2 in jasper, off to Alaska on Sunday, just a cruise! It’s midnight but I know the game starts soon so how can I sleep!!!

Go my beautiful Pies!!!!
Cheers xx

Sounds absolutely wonderful.Enjoy.☺️
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:29 pm

Markov has been named sub.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: