Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tennis: US Open 2023

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Djokovic defeated Shelton in straight sets.

Mocking Shelton's celebration thing post-match was really classless. Why do it? He's just an unseeded kid.

Jezza wrote:
I agree I didn't like the way Djokovic conducted himself after the Shelton match, and this is coming from someone who likes Djokovic.

"He wants to be loved so much, Novak. He wanted to mock Ben at the end. It wasn't something he was doing just to copy Ben. It was to mock him, and that's too bad, for that to come from such a great champion."

(Bryan Shelton, Ben's coach and father, to GQ magazine)

"This is my reaction to a provocation that came from the other side, it was a reaction against him. He did not behave properly, with respect, on court, and before the match. I'm never going to make fun of someone if they don't do something first. Every time I lose I always give my opponent a huge. I congratulate him. I respect him and his team. If anyone places himself in the unsportsmanlike zone, I react."

(Djokovic, L'Equipe magazine)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: