Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What unpopular opinions do you have?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

See none of that stuff bothers me. I've still got plenty of the multi use plastic ones and I've got a couple of really large ones that if I want I can just put everything back in the trolley and bag it when I get to the car.

I do agree about the rubbish bags, I used to use the old single use bags as kitchen bin liners, now I buy plastic bags.

Mum's newspaper deliver comes wrapped in plastic which she cuts open with scissors and uses to line the little food waste bin.

Every week I get this plastic bag in the mailbox which you're supposed to put old clothes in and leave them by they gate and someone will collect them. The neighbor did it once, the bag was there for 2 weeks before she put it in the bin. I just use it for a bin liner.

Paper straws are OK but those fkn bamboo cutlery you get are fkn useless

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:26 pm

Paper straws are a disgrace.

I have another unpopular opinion. Richmond are a more passionate cheersquad than ours.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:13 pm

The plastic bag situation is going to get worse. Woolies are trialing the removal of plastic bags for fruit and veg in WA.

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/plastic-bags-of-all-sizes-on-the-shelf-customers-react-to-woolworths-banning-plastic-fruit-and-vegetable-bags-in-some-stores/news-story/d496c48ef44f6c15d2c6ea9c017c21a6

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:
Love can’t get you out of my head and that’s it!!

Kylie didn't write it - Cathy Dennis and Rob Davis did.
ah well there you go!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:49 pm

No I don’t get the plastic bag thing at all, but then I care about turtles and other sea life that drown because they are tangled in it. I don’t really use straws, junior uses stainless steel one, the bamboo cutlery is shit, I have a little plastic tub with a proper set in it in my car. And just wash it when I occasionly use it.

Solutions are not hard though. I have nylon shoppers that roll into a tiny ball, or a little case, they are cheap and I keep a couple in my small shoulder bag. I have a mega amount of shoppers in my car, all stored in a coles freezer bag.

The fruit and veg thing, not so easy, depending on the weight ofthe paper. However, I don’t use the plastic bags you fill yourself, I just put the fruit and veg directly in the trolley, or in one of my reusable bags. The only ones I get are the prepackaged ones.

We only get plastic when hubby shops, but I’m slowly training him, or when we get home delivery. I do use a bin liner for the large rubbish bin, and the under sink bins.

I look for recycled gladwrap etc, and yes I seperate 95% min of the rubbish into our 4 different rubbish bins.

It takes but an extra minute.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:29 pm

Many... Re-implementation of the death penalty but one of them.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:43 pm

I wish that was more unpopular, but I’m not sure it is.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:12 pm

Skids wrote:

Agree.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:51 pm

^

That Pommy Nurse who killed a bunch of babies springs to mind.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:15 pm

think positive wrote:
No I don’t get the plastic bag thing at all, but then I care about turtles and other sea life that drown because they are tangled in it. I don’t really use straws, junior uses stainless steel one, the bamboo cutlery is shit, I have a little plastic tub with a proper set in it in my car. And just wash it when I occasionly use it.

Solutions are not hard though. I have nylon shoppers that roll into a tiny ball, or a little case, they are cheap and I keep a couple in my small shoulder bag. I have a mega amount of shoppers in my car, all stored in a coles freezer bag.

The fruit and veg thing, not so easy, depending on the weight ofthe paper. However, I don’t use the plastic bags you fill yourself, I just put the fruit and veg directly in the trolley, or in one of my reusable bags. The only ones I get are the prepackaged ones.

We only get plastic when hubby shops, but I’m slowly training him, or when we get home delivery. I do use a bin liner for the large rubbish bin, and the under sink bins.

I look for recycled gladwrap etc, and yes I seperate 95% min of the rubbish into our 4 different rubbish bins.

Thank you!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:45 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yes

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:46 am

KenH wrote:
think positive wrote:

Thank you!

Cheers Ken

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:59 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Why instead do not come to mind:
a) George Bush (non-existent weapons of mass destruction in Iraq): over 1 million killed in Iraq in a war based on lies
b) John Howard (SIEV X): 353 asylum seekers drowned as a result of Australian government directives
c) Morrison and Albanese: dismantled all public health measures against COVID, allowing tens of thousands to die needlessly?

Many, many more examples could be given. The point is, the real criminals are those who engineer the degradation of society.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:11 am

Skids wrote:

I believe that this opinion is unpopular, because I believe that there are enough people who understand the barbaric nature of the death penalty.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:08 pm

Ah yes. You mean the do-gooders who have gained most of their worldly knowledge from within a bubble.

I suppose Ted Bundys 30 victims, Harold Shipmans 200+ victims, Andrei Chikatilos 50 odd victims ... I could go on... their families would really loved to have seen those guys 'rehabilitated' ?

Bundy is easily one of the most deranged serial killers (not to mention kidnappers, rapists, burglars, and necrophiles) of all time. His modus operandi included kidnapping his female victims, raping them, and then dismembering them. He often kept their heads as souvenirs.

Nicknamed “Doctor Death,” Harold Shipman is thought to be responsible for murdering 218 of his patients between 1972 and 1998. In reality, the number of people he murdered is likely much higher.
As a practicing physician, Shipman had easy access to potential victims, which is why he was able to be such a prolific killer without raising suspicion.

Between 1978 and 1990, the Russian serial killer Andrei Chikatilo sexually assaulted, murdered, and mutilated more than 50 young women and children. Chikatilo killed his victims by stabbing and slashing them with a knife. One of the youngest was nine years old.
Chikatilo later admitted that he was only able to achieve orgasm by stabbing women, a fact which made it difficult for him to resist his strong urges to kill.

No list of the most deranged serial killers would be complete without Jeffrey Dahmer.

Dahmer, known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, was ultimately convicted of murdering 17 young men over a 14 year period. But Dahmer didn’t just murder them. He also raped, dismembered, and sometimes even ate his victims.
During his trial, Dahmer admitted to drilling a hole into his victims’ heads in an attempt to turn them into mindless sex slaves. Although Dahmer likely would have been executed for his crimes, he was beaten to death in prison in 1994.

Can't have the nasty barbarians handing out punishment to treasures like those, can we Rolling Eyes

https://www.onlinepsychologydegree.info/worst-serial-killers-of-all-time/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: