Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What unpopular opinions do you have?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

moving on, I think the federal government should stop taxing cigarettes, alcohol and fuel exorbitantly.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:05 pm

Especially alcohol
It’s unaustralian!

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:39 am

In a weird way I love Trump 😎 He manages to give myself a good laugh when I need one. He never fails to be funny when doing something that others say he shouldn’t do. Kinda the ultimate rebel with any right wing cause. I wish I was as disdainful of official types as he is and not give a stuff about consequences. I don’t like his values and politics but he’s never one to make the authorities feel comfortable. After fighting various battles against dumb superiors and suffering fools in management, I like his couldn’t give a crap attitude, which validates some of the stuff I have done 🤓
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:52 am

maybe watch the netflix episode about him, i changed my mind after watching it. i used to think he was funny and maybe about to shake up the establishment. he didnt, he just made everything so much worse.
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:15 pm

I think Bruce Pascoe is a complete fraud.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:15 pm

I had to google him!
no idea!!

I love Ikea,
and I love putting together their flat packs!!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:37 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
In a weird way I love Trump 😎 He manages to give myself a good laugh when I need one. He never fails to be funny when doing something that others say he shouldn’t do. Kinda the ultimate rebel with any right wing cause. I wish I was as disdainful of official types as he is and not give a stuff about consequences. I don’t like his values and politics but he’s never one to make the authorities feel comfortable. After fighting various battles against dumb superiors and suffering fools in management, I like his couldn’t give a crap attitude, which validates some of the stuff I have done 🤓

think positive wrote:
maybe watch the netflix episode about him, i changed my mind after watching it. i used to think he was funny and maybe about to shake up the establishment. he didnt, he just made everything so much worse.

Both things are true imo. Trump is a deeply corrupt, self-serving and totally incompetent person who has no place anywhere near electoral office. But he's also indisputably hilarious. I think this summation of him is spot on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATolOdPSBrw

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:57 pm

Pi wrote:

I agree and his book belongs in the fiction section of the library.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:39 pm

Pi wrote:

Agree and I don't think that's unpopular to say or think.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:07 am

think positive wrote:

I love Ikea,

Me too!!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:49 am

I don't mind flat packs but I think Ikea is over priced and over rated.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:04 am

What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

I love Ikea,

Me too!!!!

how good is it when everything just goes click clack clack, hey presto!!!

I've been so sick since last Tuesday, hubby shared flu A with me, so by Saturday I was itchy to achieve something. Sunday morning I ordered parts to build a Jonaxel unit to go in the movie room, that I now use for a studio. plus a fake tree to fill a corner in my daughter's old room, which i have finally repurposed as a really nice guest room. Plus a couple of toys & knick knacks!! $49 delivery, as no way I have the energy to get to Richmond in the ranger! It all arrived as per email & texts at 10.3am Mon!! Its all set up now with cute newborn - 9 months clothes, wraps & backdrops hanging, and the drawers underneath hold larger backdrops, all rolled so i can see what's what, and other stuff! Just waiting for hubby to "adjust" 2 top pieces so i can put over the top of the drawers, its 2 units stacked and you cant fit a shelf with the ties on or off! I tried, its a rubix cube situation! so I will get him to take 1 edge off, and they will slide in. I wanted the better baskets, so didn't get this kit https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/jonaxel-wardrobe-combination-white-s29297661/ , with 4 tops and better baskets it was only $50 more. and I have spare castors! It looks so good, and more importantly, its soooo functional!

stui magpie wrote:
I don't mind flat packs but I think Ikea is over priced and over rated.

I bought ikea tall boys for this house 15 years ago, for the wardrobes, and again when we built the beach house. The second lot had bracings under the drawers to help stop the base pushing through. Which of course has happened to several of the old ones! I rang Ikea and asked if I could get some separately, no worries he says. Off I toddle, how many drawers he says, (the large ones are the problem) "12" and he hands me 24 bracings with fittings! Free!!! after 10 years of use! No receipt!! The service is amazing!

Yes some of the stuff is pricey, but then I always shop around for anything! The wardrobes i designed online and got delivered to Indented Head for $79 are amazing, so easy to put together, and they look incredible. it was around $2k all up and the nearest quote was $3.5K. they even have pull out belt/tie racks!

i can only recall 1 item was a bit dodgey to line up, other flat packs I have had many a "**** this, whack" moment!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:21 pm

I have no problem with Ikea! Their stuff usually gets the job done, and is easy to put together (though there are occasions when I wish they would include actual words in their instructions; not all of us think visually!)

Don't mind the Swedish meatballs either!

I will say though that actually going there with the gf is torture. If ever there was a need for a husband creche, it's there!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:49 am

I hate putting together flat packs, but done so much of it over last few years. I want a new desk now I’ve got more room and have picked it out but putting it together is stopping me from buying it 😂😂

TP, I actually have just the basket drawers from that wardrobe setup, bought them years ago when I was at Uni and wanted some drawers that’d fit in the wardrobe I had there and being open to throw stuff in the top one.

Got 2 now as I broke one in one in my many moves so that sits in the spare room and the new one in the WIR, sits nicely at the back but got the top for this one as it was bugger all extra and can be taken on and off if needed.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:54 am

I see a flat pack I get itchy! Happily put done together at my daughters!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: