Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

just watched it again, gees they tried hard to keep the lions in it! soft frees, and how the hell does Charlie Cameron not get cited? not to mention his other cheap shots. grub.
the soft 50's didnt help either.

maggots!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:57 am

^ Just makes it all the better (well, all of that and Sidebottom kicking the ball - what was it? 125 metres? - for the sealing goal).
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:18 pm

The next time someone wants to remind you about the "non-advantage", ask them why/how they know about it? Oh they watched the game. Is it possible that it was because Hodge was cracking the sads about it in commentary?
None of the other calls mention it.
But I'm glad all these people watched the channel 7 commentary with the biggest one sided call in history.

Because if you go to 3:12 left in the final quarter, you will see a difficult mark taken by Crisp under pressure. Oh and whats this... oh thats Hipwood that crosses the mark and clearly invades the protected zone. Why dont we talk about this? Is it because Hodgey and co didnt think to highlight this one? Sure, it would have been a bit harsh to pay a 50 that late in the game and is probably why the ump didnt call it. But would it be highlighted if it was Crisp who impeded Hipwoods space?

And why then does the commentator say "thats close to a fifty" with 1:59 left on the clock? This is when Neale got a free for holding and no one returned the ball. But why are they saying thats almost fifty? No Collingwood player does anything to warrant a 50 or even something "close to a 50". Yet they felt the need to say it.

Why are those online talking about the "BS Free" to Mitchell near the final siren? Are they saying the same about the free to Coleman that led to the Daniher goal? Was that a "BS Free" too?

And then of course, was McCluggage out of bounds? Or was he in? Hodge says clearly in, just in... but if that was a Collingwood player, would it be "kept in", would it be "smart"? Or would it be replayed 1000 times and would the boundary ump be in the wrong spot?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:21 pm

For the second time this century we are coming off a premiership year !!

2011 we were playing gr8 footy for almost entire session till the finals then we lost our back-to-back chance —-I believe there was a tad of disharmony in the club which could have affected the outcome of the GF

Now we have that chance again and the club harmony has been thru the roof for two seasons

I add to this some very good youth to add to the core of the team

Better positioned in many ways to the MM led 2011 crack at the flag

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:29 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
I must admit in the dying minutes of the game, I thought we just witnessed another Wayne Harmes moment when McCluggage kept the ball inside the boundary, then found Daniher.
I felt sick to the guts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJPE24NwdlI&ab_channel=AFL

Yeah watched it on my tready again this morning, I reckon he was out, at the very least no way the ump could be convinced it was in.

I still struck by how hard they tried to keep the bears in it. And how does Charlie fricken Cameron get away with his cheap shots, it wasn’t just the ribs one. Really amazing by Howe to play it out as well as he did.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:18 am

^
Yeah, that hit on Jem Howe was just so crass. Should have been 50 m on top of down the field. He broke Howie's ribs, FFS.
I agree also that McLuggage was out...not the first time, but the second evasion. Amazing that it was not called. It certainly was the quid pro quo for the advantage call after Leggie legged his opponent.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:55 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Just makes it all the better (well, all of that and Sidebottom kicking the ball - what was it? 125 metres? - for the sealing goal).
you need a longer tape measure! it was 200 every day of the week! twice on saturdays!
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:35 am

Yeah that McLuggage on the pocket was out on the second turn he turned over the line and shielded to ball from the umpire that is why they called play on.
I had the best view of it too top deck in the mcc of the angle of the turn and the ball and half of his body was over the line and out.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:38 pm

Hiss wrote:
What a great year to go out on for me on Nicks. Retirement has beckoned and I am so happy to be of some joy to some on social media. Like all good things they must come to an end. Wishing all you mighty Pies fans the greatest for coming years. I will enjoy sitting back and just reading others posts now.

Hiss's retirements over the years have been like James Brown's cape routine during “Please Please Please” which closed all his shows.
James Brown's announcer Danny Ray puts a cape on him as the song ends, Brown starts moving off the stage and just before he’s about to leave rips off the cape and runs back to the microphone. Ray appears with another cape and it happens all over again. This would happen about four times before he finally left the stage for good.
From about the 1.02 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vruy2GRUsV8&ab_channel=JamesBrown

I saw it myself in James Brown's last Australian tour at Flinders Park in 1996.

Even though Hiss witnessed our run of 4 successive premierships from 1927 to 1930 and the only VFL/AFL undefeated season (1929), I'm worried no.16 proved too much for him. Let's hope a good dose of Bertha's bone broth resurrects the colt from Corio and he throws off the duffle coat for another season.

aus50ford 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:29 am

Had to slash,mow 5 acres over the weekend, so what better time to listen to the full 7 hr ABC broadcast of the GF, from pregame thru to at least 1 & 1/2 hrs after the game, and no that wasn't dust that brought a tear to my eye
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:24 pm

The umpiring fraternity backed the call. Blame commentators and ex-players for the hysteria for not actually reading the new rules and interpretations each pre-season. The 'advantage' rule was adjusted in 2023 (or even 2022, can't recall) to allow play to continue if the same team secured possession of the ball after the whistle and then proceeded to kick or handball the ball, regardless if they actually heard the whistle or not, to keep play flowing and not bail out players who foolishly played on into trouble. The new interpretation (assumption) is that if the team still has the ball and then dispose of it AFTER the whistle they have 'elected to play on' and effectively take the advantage. This was introduced to keep the flow of play going. A number of times during the finals players took the ball after a whistle inside 50 (which would have resulted in a set shot at goal) and instead played on under pressure to kick a behind. In the past, umpires would bring it back, but not so this finals series. The behinds stood, with umpires being instructed to let the play continue. In the case of Brisbane, a harsh call because you'd think McCluggage likely wouldn't have taken on a tackler vs giving the ball back to Neale if he knew he was hot, but that's the new instruction. Brisbane still pumped the ball 30m down field to a marking contest, so it was technically an advantage. It would have been a different story if McCluggage incorrectly disposed of the ball in the tackle. On the other hand, maybe he would have played on and taken on the tackler if he thought time was running out and Neale didn't have a 65m kick in him to win the game after the siren if he thought the bell was about to ring. Either way, our D50 defence was rarely beaten all day from a stoppage outside D50, so I would have backed them to win back possession anyway. All in all, just adds to numerous monkeys being removed from our backs:

Win a close GF
Win a GF in September
Defeat Brisbane Lions in a GF
Be on the 'right' side of a late controversial call in a GF
Equal most premierships (16)

(Really though, Nick Daicos's genius to grab the ensuing crumbs and find a target is why the decision stands out more. If Brisbane had have secured the pill from the pack and sent the ball goalward the call would hardly have raised on eyebrow. But Nick was too good.)

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:57 pm

Four months today since we won the flag Very Happy

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:20 pm

Great post RawH. Nick’s game is one for the ages. That goal before half time only comes from him. The Degoey goal in the last but the composure to pivot and then pass to WHE with a minute to go is beyond good. It’s whole other level. And the scary thing is I think he goes to a whole other level this year.
Cakewalk Sublimity 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:48 pm
Post subject: New black n white Versache eyewareReply with quote

The 2023 victory is still resonating

https://www.tiktok.com/@fallontonight/video/7328912754499177771

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:14 pm

2023 was the first time since 1910 that we won all 3 finals to win the flag. We have played and won 2 finals e.g. 1958, but only twice have we played and won 3 finals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47   

Jump to: