Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #8 Trent Bianco

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:33 am
Post subject: Trent BiancoReply with quote

He had a rough first quarter, though not particularly his fault ; but his third quarter was as impactful as any player on the ground, with at least three score involvements, excellent running, plenty of courageous acts, and real composure. At mid-year, I thought he was an also-ran. He is not. He’s a fine player who improves with every game as he feels he belongs, and has great upside.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jury still out for mine though I’m admittedly a pretty harsh judge. Great kick and I reckon a great competitor, main knock though is he is very slow and 5” nothing.
Agree though, horror first qtr then showed plenty of ticker to work into the game and have an impact.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:57 am

He's actually 6' tall Haff... not 5 inches Laughing

At only 21 there is certainly a lot to like about this bloke. Good user of the ball. That's one thing that has stood out to me this season, the composure and footy smarts of our younger players has been exceptional.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:06 am

My main knock on him (and Ginnivan) is that he can’t stick a tackle to save his life. Hopefully another preseason in the gym helps
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:42 am

After first quarter was questioning why he was selected, despite heroics against the druggies, thought Carmichael should have been given a shot instead of Bianco. He fought his way back into the game nicely and keeps his spot in the side
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:11 am

Certainly making life difficult for the selectors! He’s absolutely seized his opportunity and has become a real asset to the side now.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:23 am

Noticed Bianco had a lot of one on one time with Fly during the qtr breaks. He’s definitely been told here’s your opportunity son, who do you want to be
Prexm68 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:07 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
After first quarter was questioning why he was selected, despite heroics against the druggies, thought Carmichael should have been given a shot instead of Bianco. He fought his way back into the game nicely and keeps his spot in the side

Carmichael comes in 22 for Adams. Someone has to go out for Mihocek, he could still be the one.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:31 pm

Haff wrote:
Jury still out for mine though I’m admittedly a pretty harsh judge. Great kick and I reckon a great competitor, main knock though is he is very slow and 5” nothing.
Agree though, horror first qtr then showed plenty of ticker to work into the game and have an impact.

What was horrific? There was one failed clearance that resulted in a goal, but Howe does that every week.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:43 pm

I have seen a lot of Biano over the years, juniors into TAC and now AFL. He's a work in progress and just does those little things that not many notice, he has a heap of upside. The more games they get into him the better he gets.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:54 pm

What he’s doing, is what most picks in the forties do when they get their first chances at senior level. Youre hoping to see some good but you’re also very likely to see the bad all rolled into the one game. Ultimately, you’re looking for the good moments to become more frequent and for the bad moments to flatten out. If he can produce that, then eventually the four quarter complete games come and everyone can then say I knew he was going to be a champion from day one.
If he can commit himself to do the extra work ( not just the required work ) during the off season, then he has a good chance of elevating his game to the next level. Anything less than that and he will get passed by fairly quickly with the list we have going forward.

Just on Carmichael, he stands out because he’s a good user when he has time and space and that’s a good quality. He still has a lot of work to do amongst heavy traffic, so I don’t see him as a replacement for Adams for a while yet ( short term injury aside ) Hopefully it will come but there’s a reason why he hardly ever handballs and that part of his game needs building on if you’re going to be an inside mid.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:03 pm

Culprit wrote:
I have seen a lot of Biano over the years, juniors into TAC and now AFL. He's a work in progress and just does those little things that not many notice, he has a heap of upside. The more games they get into him the better he gets.

Yes, he was a very fine U18 player alongside Rowell and Anderson ( and with McInness and MacRae as bottom agers ) He was co captain of the best U18 team in the country and he’s a great kid with strong character. You know he’s going to give it everything to be the best he can but as with all these kids, the challenge remains to keep improving, not just step up one level and think that’s enough to skate by with.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:12 pm

His kicking was atrocious early, but rather than be shattered [and he does show his emotions when he fails]. He kept persisting and persisting and was the link in quite a few key chains. He has the right stuff.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:01 pm

Deserved a goal of the year contender too — but honestly, he was squaring it up for Cox to mark 😂
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:35 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Haff wrote:

What was horrific? There was one failed clearance that resulted in a goal, but Howe does that every week.

Yes, he kicked as he was being tackled, and it slewed as a result. Happens in the backline when clearing and the forward line when shooting for goal, but only in the backline does anyone conclude you’ve made a howling error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: