Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

His presser today he was cool and controlled the interview

Never got flustered—when asked how he likes the job he was so passionate
and infectious

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:41 pm

Bet ya sweet bippy Fly would be watching this

The Dee style is fast and with minimum cross field chipping

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:54 am

On Episode 4 of The Grind he made this comment

“Are we the finished product—No ,but we will get better “

Seems he is not getting ahead of himself

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:08 pm

I find myself, in the manner of an Arsenal fan from the 1970s, screaming "One-Nil, One-Nil, One-Nil, One-Nil". Laughing
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:02 am

Our best 22 may well not be good enough to beat the best teams this season but that was never the big picture for us in 2022 was it?

What I and I expect many of you just want to see in 2022 is evidence of change under McRae, a distinct new style we hopefully could be excited with and one the players would seemingly be happy to embrace.

If tonight's game was an accurate description of how we wish to play in 2022 and the bare bones of a game plan that will be developed over time then I feel McRae is off to a very promising start.

No doubt we'll lose games this season to teams no better than the Saints, we might snag a couple against better sides but if this is our starting point, our baseline to build upon as our young players gain experience and new faces are added in coming seasons then I feel a sense of renewed hope after witnessing tonight's game.

Only one game I know but it felt like the breath of fresh air our club, players and supporters needed.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:36 am

Tru dat Swoop.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:09 am

Yes good comments Swoop, totally agree.

It strikes me with McRae's unfolding gameplan, that we could well have had a lack of belief with the old sideways & backwards strategy, that never actually released the potential of what we could be.

Yes there were times when it worked, but this has so much more going for it.

I LOVE that McRae seems unafraid of just "having a go" with our attacking mindset.

Also as a fan, it's so much more watchable & enjoyable, knowing our pies are always going to give it a go. I can imagine the players just loving the "new broom in the place."

For McRae to say of DeGoey he's seeing a fine human being, and he won't be judging him on past things, imagine what that would do for anyone's self belief.

For me, THAT is a great coach, right there.

This team may well exceed expectations this year. It'll be fun to watch the progress
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:20 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Our best 22 may well not be good enough to beat the best teams this season but that was never the big picture for us in 2022 was it?

What I and I expect many of you just want to see in 2022 is evidence of change under McRae, a distinct new style we hopefully could be excited with and one the players would seemingly be happy to embrace.

If tonight's game was an accurate description of how we wish to play in 2022 and the bare bones of a game plan that will be developed over time then I feel McRae is off to a very promising start.

No doubt we'll lose games this season to teams no better than the Saints, we might snag a couple against better sides but if this is our starting point, our baseline to build upon as our young players gain experience and new faces are added in coming seasons then I feel a sense of renewed hope after witnessing tonight's game.

Only one game I know but it felt like the breath of fresh air our club, players and supporters needed.

Spot on. We might have some big scoring chains against at times which turn into big losses. But it’s a plan and we will get better the more we play it.

I like the stand back 5mtrs from the mark tactic also.

One thing is clear, no player can hide in this game style. It’s not about total stats but more about what influence you have from pressure etc. Each of Mcreeryn Ginnavan and Bianco had hugely influential pressure acts with the first two much quicker than you think.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:41 am

duggieboy wrote:

It strikes me with McRae's unfolding gameplan, that we could well have had a lack of belief with the old sideways & backwards strategy, that never actually released the potential of what we could be.

I LOVE that McRae seems unafraid of just "having a go" with our attacking mindset.

Also as a fan, it's so much more watchable & enjoyable, knowing our pies are always going to give it a go. I can imagine the players just loving the "new broom in the place."

For McRae to say of DeGoey he's seeing a fine human being, and he won't be judging him on past things, imagine what that would do for anyone's self belief.

This team may well exceed expectations this year. It'll be fun to watch the progress

This all this, although I’m not so forgiving of no 2 just yet!

Just the excitement, the effort, it’s like the life was sucked out of the team and it’s been injected back in. For me the wins are the icing on the cake I didn’t expect.

Loving the kids and a big Thankyou to the two teams I hate the most, turning reject cats and dogs into magpie stars, I love it!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:03 am

We need to support this young team when the inevitable losses accumulate and realise that our rise is gradual, not on a yo yo type movement. Historically Nick’s hasn’t been a great and supportive/understanding environment when we lose and I can’t see this behaviour suddenly changing. I hope for the development of the team be the top priority this season.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:13 am

At the moment, he has a record the equal of any Collingwood coach, ever, at 100% after 2 games. The only other coach to maintain that record after such a lengthy tenure was Ron Richards (who coached them to a fantastic win in John Greening's return game, took 6 weeks off and came back to help the 'pies overcome Footscray at the Western Oval).

Will McRae walk - and take the holiday at Hamilton Island that is on offer - or will he come back, like Barry Jones, to try to make it 3 in a row against a new contestant?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:11 am

Jezza wrote:
OP updated after round 3.

Sadly posting after the new coach's first loss.

I wouldn't be too down about it. Collingwood managed just 1 goal to 3/4 time in the previous 2 games against Geelong under the former coach. So, last night's effort was 13 times as good. That's about how it felt, disappointing and all as the ending was.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:39 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:

I wouldn't be too down about it. Collingwood managed just 1 goal to 3/4 time in the previous 2 games against Geelong under the former coach. So, last night's effort was 13 times as good. That's about how it felt, disappointing and all as the ending was.

Imagine how good we would be if we had Nathan McRae coaching, or it could be Craig Buckley!!!

One of them leads a team to score 19 goals, the other, 1 goal for the entire game.

We just need to choose wisely.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:44 am

duggieboy wrote:

Funny this is exactly what I was saying last year with buckley coaching, I always believed we had it in us.

Well e cent theDe Goey bit, all is not forgiven!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:30 pm

Jezza wrote:

Pies4shaw wrote:

Collingwood is the first side since PORT in 2009 R21 (v BRIS) to kick 9+ goals in a quarter and then none in the next.

Quote:
Titus O'Reily
@TitusOReily
We have to wait for the dust to settle, but I suspect the review will identify that not playing the fourth quarter was a tactical mistake by Collingwood. #AFLPiesCats

Just wanted to add some different perspectives on yesterday's game to the anti-Buckley one above Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: