Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

90 nice wrote:
And guess what I didn’t have a clue who was coaching us all I wanted was Craig I know there were some names bandied about but it was Craig who I wanted.
When I entered the room I saw Craig on the stage I was getting happy.
Was graham wright and Pendlebury in attendance.
Was a low key event nothing like the Malthouse announcement.
Then just had light refreshments afterwards then Craig had a bit of a kick of the footy on the oval.

I was the same in 1911.

I wasn't sure who the committee was going to appoint but when I saw Jock enter the room with President William Beasley, I was over the moon.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:34 pm

the fuzz wrote:
Jack "90 Nice" Torrance

Gold Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:47 am

David wrote:
A couple of quick questions:

1) Are you by any chance a ghost?
2) Have you ever attended any functions at the Overlook Hotel?

Are we sure they’re not Zelig?

https://youtu.be/OhpYWVvUPRU

Franco 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:56 pm
Post subject: An open letter to Craig McRaeReply with quote

Recently new Nicks poster here but what this bloke has brought to our footy club is phenomenal.

Craig will defer and put any bit of credit to his assistants and every other arsehole in the footy world but I’m confident we now have the best coach, the best leader in the league.

It’s been amazing this year watching our games and getting a shitload of wins, albeit we are now out of this years premiership race. But I’m bloody confident in where this club is headed.

Craig McRae, you are a star.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 am

Great post, Franco.

I haven't been this optimistic about the direction of the club for more than a decade. The way Fly and the assistants have transformed the club this year has been first class.

Today's result is very disappointing and will hurt everyone, but a renewed sense of pride and optimism has returned to the club.

Looking forward to next year.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:04 pm

Jezza wrote:
Fly's presser

Why did you decide to have Maynard go on Franklin?
Quote:
"I was backing in our coaches and Leppa thought it was a great idea and I agreed with him. Early in the game, I actually thought it was a really good match up. It is what it is".

Leppa thought it was a great idea did he? How did that work out for us?
Despite the fact Moore pantsed him last time, but hey, let's fix what's NOT broken and see what ways we can sabotage the match ups to give Sydney a solid lead in the PF?

Seriously; and here we are.

Franco 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:34 pm

piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Fly's presser

Quote:
"I was backing in our coaches and Leppa thought it was a great idea and I agreed with him. Early in the game, I actually thought it was a really good match up. It is what it is".

Despite the fact Moore pantsed him last time, but hey, let's fix what's NOT broken and see what ways we can sabotage the match ups to give Sydney a solid lead in the PF?

So you’re going to judge him on that one decision? I think he’s done a lot more right than he’s done wrong, and he can hold his head high along with everyone else at the club this year.

We’re in good hands as far as I’m concerned. But hey, that’s just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours.
maurs64 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:45 pm

I guess he doesn't win coach of the year now? Going to Chris Scott now?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:09 pm

Franco wrote:
piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Fly's presser

Quote:

So you’re going to judge him on that one decision? I think he’s done a lot more right than he’s done wrong, and he can hold his head high along with everyone else at the club this year.

We’re in good hands as far as I’m concerned. But hey, that’s just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours.

At least two premierships as defensive coach at Richmond would suggest he doesn’t do much wrong at all. Turned a number of average footballers at Richmond into gun attacking defenders ( Broad, Short in particular ) Whatever people want to make of our totally reinvented backline in 2022, it won’t be any worse in 2023.
Welcome Franco.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:03 pm

Agree with your opening post Franco.
What Fly achieved this year is something none of us will forget.
He has fashioned within our team a new psyche. He calls it the psyche of being a "winner". I am not sure I fully understand it, but as time goes on I am sure it will become clearer to me. What is important though is that our team understands it, and has assimilated it. It became ingrained in their DNA this year, it dominated and drove their mindset. When Fly told them to get up off the ground after the loss to Geelong, that was part of building and maintaining this psyche.
During his presser last night, his comments again gave more insight into the new psyche he has created in our team. He does not dwell in the space of "if only" or "what if". We will draw many lessons from the defeat last night, and we will use it as a motivator for improvement. Nothing is guaranteed in the future, as Fly pointed out himself. Next year, we start again at 18th position on the ladder with 0 points and 0 percentage. However, I feel so happy that he is the one who will play the major role in formulating our response to this loss so that it becomes a powerful lever in motivating and raising even higher the belief and the desire for improvement that inspired us throughout this year. This year is foundational in the sense that our team has been both galvanised and instilled with a sense of belief and confidence that will form the scaffolding for our performance next year. It is a scaffold that requires constant vigilance, encouragement, firmness and empathy. After this year, I am confident that Fly is the one who can do this. An amazing coach, and one must also give credit to the assistant coaches. Clearly they too must have played an important role in creating within our team the new psyche.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:15 pm

Franco wrote:

We’re in good hands indeed; no argument there.

But let's call it for what it was - an utterly idiotic FUCKUP WITH TOTALLY DIRE CONSEQUENCES.

I doubt he slept well over it last night...

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:23 pm

"Water What You Wanna Grow". That's my fave mantra of Fly's!
Franco 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:31 pm

piedys wrote:
Franco wrote:

We’re in good hands indeed; no argument there.

But let's call it for what it was - an utterly idiotic FUCKUP WITH TOTALLY DIRE CONSEQUENCES.

I doubt he slept well over it last night...

Fair call piedys and you could well be right. The fact McRae took responsibility for it though shows the character of the guy.

And, I don’t think we would have made it as far as we did this year without trying new things and taking a few risks. It’s a shame some things didn’t work this time, but that’s life. Hopefully all part of a learning process towards sustained success!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:45 pm

Franco wrote:

Fair call piedys and you could well be right. The fact McRae took responsibility for it though shows the character of the guy.

And, I don’t think we would have made it as far as we did this year without trying new things and taking a few risks. It’s a shame some things didn’t work this time, but that’s life. Hopefully all part of a learning process towards sustained success!

Absolutely bro; McRae owned the mistake at the presser, and that's the accountability we demand. Solid character trait indeed. We got the reason behind the mistake, and it seems it won't be made again.
But 2022 is done and dusted now and we are consigned to the history books.

The processes are in place, and the collective buy-in will be the mantra again come 2023 pre-season. And the pain will linger; and that's a good thing for any sportsperson.

Anyhoo, hope the Princess Franklin retires this time next week; I've had a gutful of him and his acting too.

Oh, and welcome aboard Mr.Franco! We require astute minds such as yours, and with added bonus grammatical pride and presentation too! Very Happy

Franco 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:53 pm

piedys wrote:
Franco wrote:

Absolutely bro; McRae owned the mistake at the presser, and that's the accountability we demand. Solid character trait indeed. We got the reason behind the mistake, and it seems it won't be made again.
But 2022 is done and dusted now and we are consigned to the history books.

The processes are in place, and the collective buy-in will be the mantra again come 2023 pre-season. And the pain will linger; and that's a good thing for any sportsperson.

Anyhoo, hope the Princess Franklin retires this time next week; I've had a gutful of him and his acting too.

Oh, and welcome aboard Mr.Franco! We require astute minds such as yours, and with added bonus grammatical pride and presentation too! Very Happy

Thanks mate. Glad to be on board. There are definitely some knowledgeable and insightful people on this forum, which is great.

I’m not too fussed about Franklin, but knowing one of Dangerfield and Papley will be premiership players this time next week is bloody hard to process. 😉
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: