Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another story of Fly with wife Gabrielle, in pictures
Photo of baby Maggie

Collingwood coach Craig McRae reveals vow he made to his wife after having their baby just hours before the AFL Grand Final - and her hilarious reaction when she found out he'd broken it immediately
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/article-12583821/Collingwood-coach-Craig-McRae-reveals-vow-wife-baby-AFL-Grand-Final.html

1.jpg

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:48 pm

Don't miss this, there's a lot to gain from Fly's views on life, relationships and leadership...
I found this interview riveting, full of great insights and noting Fly's very relaxed style.
------
Matt Wadewitz and Luke Darcy have a YT channel called Aleda Collective to inspire connections and work with empowering leaders within a diverse range of sectors across industry, sport, education, social venture and the arts. 

How Craig McRae Changed The Landscape For AFL Coaches and Experienced The Best Day of His Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl0Lsvx9bmU&t=295s

The full video version of the powerful episode of the Empowering Leaders podcast with Craig McRae, who takes us on his journey to becoming Senior Coach of the 2023 AFL Premiership winning Collingwood Football Club.

Throughout this conversation, you'll gain a deep insight into Fly's leadership approach - he's values-based, he empowers players and staff and he reveres collaboration.

You'll hear him talk about being drafted to the Brisbane Lions in 1994 and winning three back to back Premierships before entering an 18-year coaching apprenticeship that led to him being appointed Collingwood coach in 2022.

A bit of a 'cheeky' coach, Fly, as he's affectionately known, swears by keeping things fun and relaxed on game day, putting family first and always supporting players through their mistakes.
It's a privilege to listen to and learn from this man, and, of course, to get the full story about his newborn baby, Maggie, gracing the world with her presence at 7:45am on the day Craig and his team won the 2023 AFL Grand Final!

A big thank you to Collingwood Football Club and their supporters for the fantastic images you see in this video!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:42 pm

There was an article today by David King who discussed our “two minute”
training which Fly says is part of every training session
King talked of the “kill the game -score” routine and how 17 other clubs may well copy it and I’ve heard Adam Yuze talking along simalar McCrae dialogue

Craig before heading o/s to study sport trends said on a footy interview he is reviewing our game plan and has some ideas to tweek/ alter it

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:53 pm

^ Interesting.

I like the fact that Fly is always pushing to improve and enhance our game style, rather than stubbornly being content and opting for no tweaks or alterations.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:03 pm

Watching 9 news with a few Collingwood players (think it was Healsville Sanctuary
Any way Crisy said “Coach is back from O/S and I’m sure we are in for some surprises “

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:32 pm

Is he still holding the reins? I don't see how this can be allowed to continue - Collingwood hasn't won a game (or even looked competitive in one) for months.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:58 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Is he still holding the reins? I don't see how this can be allowed to continue - Collingwood hasn't won a game (or even looked competitive in one) for months.

Very Happy Laughing Laughing

One thing you learn about the fly is that he is constantly in evolution!!!
who can forget the Julie McCreery intervention!
McCrae's team can decide to attack at a flick of a switch! No team in History has come back from trailing at three-quarter and slaying the opposition! who can forget The Essendon game ........ As Gerard Wheatley SEN radio commented when Nick D kicked his first of his last quarter goals " the collingwood fans know whats happening, the essendon players know whats happening... it's transfixing it's paralysing, and it's nine points and closing!!!!!!" His team never gives up.
We have seen so much in these last two years and there is no reason there is going to be less surprises this year!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:34 pm

BazBoy wrote:
There was an article today by David King who discussed our “two minute”
training which Fly says is part of every training session
King talked of the “kill the game -score” routine and how 17 other clubs may well copy it and I’ve heard Adam Yuze talking along simalar McCrae dialogue

Craig before heading o/s to study sport trends said on a footy interview he is reviewing our game plan and has some ideas to tweek/ alter it

When you need to copy another team's formula, you've already lost.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:29 pm

Precisely. Imitate at your peril
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:36 pm

Craig McRae on the flag, his future and the player who bought him flowers
THE AFL's newest premiership coach, Craig McRae, doesn't intend staying in his profession forever.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1490392/craig-mcrae-on-the-flag-his-future-and-the-player-who-bought-him-flowers

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:43 am

The interview with Craig displays his reality mindset and how he sees the game as it is now
If in fact dynasty coaches like MM or Clarko may not occur as much is there a plan either real or imagined for Pendles to be his successor???

bucking awesome 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:51 am

Peddles will not be the next coach of Collingwood unless McCrae stays for 10 years or more. Pendles will coach no doubt but he has seen first hand the perils of coaching people you Played with and having to learn on the job. (Nathan says hi).
He will be an assistant coach somewhere else (hopefully not the Scum or Dopers) and get some experience first. Would love him to come back around the time of Captain Nick being ready to raise his 7th or 8th premiership cup

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 am

Yes and that’s the way I see it.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:14 pm

Fly is an impressive man.
Always a pleasure listening to him. Just such a grounded and sensible individual who doesn't seem overawed by anything.
Whatever happens from now on, he'll always be a club legend for winning us #16.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:31 am

10 years time to be the greatest and best coach the game has ever seen.
Got a heap more flags to win and its only early days in the AFL.
Best by mile and top man as well.
10 years time a statue gold one at the MCG.
Has to be.
i think he can win another 3 flags at Collingwood this decade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: