Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFLW Round 10

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:22 pm
Post subject: AFLW Round 10Reply with quote

Pies vs Tigers (Home)

Sunday 5 November @ 3.05pm. Venue Vic Park

Final game of the H&A season.

Match centre:

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/matches/5826

Telecast on 7Plus, 7Mate, Fox Footy, Kayo, AFLW app.

Ladder: Pies 10th (5 wins, 4 losses %) Tigers (4 wins, 5 losses, %)

Injury update @ 1 November:

Ash Brazill - Hamstring Test
Imogen Barnett - Ankle 1-2 weeks
Lauren Butler - Hamstring 1-2 weeks.
Alana Porter - Syndesmosis 2-4 weeks
Selena Karlson - Shoulder Season
Ruby Schleicher - Knee (PCL) Season

The Pies are still a chance to make the finals but must win and rely on other results.

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1059358/the-run-home-top-two-locked-in-lions-double-chance-in-jeopardy

Although TBH based on the H&A results to date, no one outside the top 4 will get very far in the finals.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Team squad selection:

B Sophie Casey Stacey Livingstone
HB Jordyn Allen Lauren Brazzale Ashleigh Brazill
C Sarah Rowe Mikala Cann Tarni White
HF Eliza James Grace Campbell Charlotte Blair
F Nell Morris-Dalton Tarni Brown
R Sabrina Fredrick Brianna Davey Aishling Sheridan

INT Eleri Morri Emily Smith Brittany Bonnici Erica Fowler Sarah Sansonetti Charlotte Taylor Joanna Lin Imogen Evans

IN Ash Brazill Tarni Brown Charlotte Blair (Debut)
OUT Ruby Schleicher (knee)

Round 10 preview:

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1059797/full-r10-preview-gf-rematch-who-claims-minor-premiership

maurs64 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:21 pm

Have a sinking feeling that this may be Tarni Brown's last game with Collingwood today. Unless of course we make finals. Dropped after round 4 & recalled for the last round. So I hope she has a great game & I hope I'm wrong of course. Will always be the best of the Brown children!
maurs64 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:02 pm

Unbelievable!!!! The girls finish the season exactly the same as they started!! Thrashed after half time and no goals scored after halftime!!!! Bloody disgraceful! Need a new coach & some tall marking players desperately!!!!
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:25 pm

Pathetic last half effort, no forward line whatsoever. Need to clean out coaching staff and draft/recruit some forwards. To think we needed to win by 5+ goals for a chance to play finals and lose by 52 points! We can’t kick more than 4-5 goals a game
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:13 am

Well that was a disapointing way to end the season.

Final score: Tigers 11.11.77 defeated Pies 4.1.25

Goals: Morris-Dalton 2, Brazill, Smith
Best; Sheridan, Cann, Bonnici, Brazzale, Frederick
AF points: Sheridan 85, Brazzale 75, Cann 65

Crowd: 3,948

Pies finish the season in 11th spot on the ladder which, based on their games this season, is a fair reflection of where the team is at. Too many games with scoreless or no goal quarters - forward line has not really fired all season.

Tigers finish with their best win of the year but also don't make finals.

Match report:

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1061123/collingwood-magpies-finals-hopes-zapped-after-costly-final-round-loss-to-richmond-tigers

Match replay:

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/video/1061671/aflw-match-replay-collingwood-v-richmond?videoId=1061671&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1699207200001

Mini match:

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/video/1061634/aflw-mini-match-collingwood-v-richmond?videoId=1061634&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1699207200001&references=AFL_MATCH:5826

maurs64 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:47 am

Disappointing season overall. Goalless in the last quarter for 8 out of 10 matches this season! I will say again that we are too short, and even our taller players are not as competitive as the talls from other sides. Richmond talls were marking everything, our talls seemed to drop everything. I think we fumble a lot more than other teams which should not be the case as a lot of our players have years of experience. And just how fit is this team? Richmond finished full of running, while our girls slowed to a walk. Even the great Bri Davey disappeared in the final quarter! Only Cann, Sheridan & Brazzale played all 4 quarters!
I feel there will be a lot of delisted, traded out players this off season. Hopefully it will start with the coach!
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:04 pm

Can't say I watch a lot of AFLW to be honest but I do check in from time to time and I have always felt that our list profile has never been right and it is even worse now than it has ever been.

To the points made above we have always been too short and lacked forward punch. Not only that but our general skill level, one-on-one ability and fitness has never been good enough to match teams like Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne etc. And now many more teams are coming through and we are on a slide. Not looking good for the short-medium term.

Without sounding rude, we need to ship out the more rotund/heavy girls and go for more athletic types. AFLW year on year is going to become more professional and demand higher levels of physical fitness. You can either get ahead of the game or continue to accept certain body types and fail because of it. Tough calls need to be made if we want success.

MONCO: Your life.
maurs64 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:25 pm

^Please list the players you believe are too rotund/heavy to play AFLW for Collingwood. I can only think of one - Sabrina Fredericks. And she's one of our talls & had her best year playing almost exclusively in the ruck. Can't think of any other "heavy" players. They may be slow, I believe we have many of them, which is why they need to at least be match fit. At least the men get to play VFL when they are dropped, the girls just don't play. For example Tarni Brown was dropped for round 5 and didn't play again until round 10! How match fit would she have been?
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:38 pm

Match fitness is an issue that is why I think that the AFLW should overlap with the VFLW for all or part of the season.

Listening to to Ruby on the radio on Saturday, she said it was harder to improve match fitness and skills with a 10 game season and no other competition to play in if not in the AFLW.

We have players who have athletic builds but have been easily outmarked and outworked during games.

Our disposal efficiency inside yesterday was woeful, 28% compared to the Tigers 71%. Effeciency inside 50 has been average all season only 2 games where it has been over 50%. And average marks by our forwards is low 1-2 per game compared to the top teams who have players with averages of 4-5 per game.

And our backline, previously one of our strengths, has not been the same without Ruby and Lauren. And the ever realiable Stacey has lost a bit this season.

Bri Davey struggled the last couple of games, having to do too much, tags and a battered body have taken a toll.

There will be changes but there is a limit to how many players you can turnover each season. This is most likely Brazs last season and I wouldn't be suprised to see Stacey hang up the boots.

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:48 pm

‘Mutually’ parted ways with coach Steve Symonds. On the lookout for new head coach - maybe more changes to come. Good move
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:52 pm

Simply not fit enough. How many games did we lose by falling away badly in the second half? The coach had to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: