Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2024 pre-season hit-out

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
masoncox wrote:
I thought McCreey struggled.
Schultz was very good.
He can really kick well.
Cox took 10 or so marks.

I think half the problem with McCreery is his speed is elite but when he’s approach a contest he doesn’t slow down a step or 2 to make a plan when arriving which sees him often miss the ball or ineffective tackle
That speed is great breaking away from a contest but needs to be slowed down a little
I think he’s so eager to impress and show he’s working hard he doesn’t stop a read the play
He’s young and still learning his craft but he has so much room for improvement
I would love to see him given extended time in the centre that speed leaving the middle or apply8ng pressure at the source

Nice insight QM67. You might be onto something there.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:42 am

Cox has stepped up to another level, in saying that he does perform against the Tigers. Glimpses of what the team is capable of and once they got on top they just kept them at arm's length. I don't rate Richmond as a top 8 team, they are going to struggle. I will mention Noble, he just gives everything he's got and was impressive at times. Overall it was a solid hit out and that is what you want for a practice match. Team Selection for game 0 will be interesting that's for sure.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:18 am

thanks all. by the time I finished work last night there were only 40 seconds to go. Tried to watch the fox footy replay on Kayo but geez it was annoying, the commentary was 6 seconds ahead of the video. The crowd couldn't have been behaving that bad. hopefully fox fix the footy broadcast soon
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:00 am

That is first real look at Charlie Dean.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:28 am

Match Highlights
Lipinski, De Goey, and Daicos star as Pies defeat Tigers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYk6xKitWw

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:10 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
masoncox wrote:
I^

I think half the problem with McCreery is his speed is elite but when he’s approach a contest he doesn’t slow down a step or 2 to make a plan when arriving which sees him often miss the ball or ineffective tackle
That speed is great breaking away from a contest but needs to be slowed down a little
I think he’s so eager to impress and show he’s working hard he doesn’t stop a read the play
He’s young and still learning his craft but he has so much room for improvement
I would love to see him given extended time in the centre that speed leaving the middle or apply8ng pressure at the source

At some point McCreery will need to hit the scoreboard or his spot will be in jeopardy ( injuries aside ) Lipinski’s form ( and that’s been on display for the entire pre season ) has passed him by in so many ways. Elliot, Hill and Schultz are all regular scoreboard contributors who also apply defensive pressure.
We all love the way McCreery goes about it but if we’re going to go deep into Sept again, we need more scoreboard threats and that’s his challenge.

Just on McCreery, there’s been a lot of narrative on his pros and cons but there are some players who just naturally hunt down opponents better than the ball and he strikes me as one of those players. It’s a hell of lot easier to lock in on an opponent than it is a ball that’s being flipped around the centre of the ground. I’m not sure he has the smarts to be a mid fielder …. well not yet anyway.
Boot 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:00 am

I'm a huge fan of Beau McCreery so I'm confident that he'll continue to be an important component of this team with his strength and speed. I suspect that with the abundance of small forwards at Collingwood atm with Elliot, Shultz and Hill being locks for the start of this season that coach Fly McRae is looking at where else he can use McCreery and the idea that he will be a damaging midfielder is appealling.

However, it may be asking too much of Beau at this stage of his career as his pocession count when in the midfield doesn't seem to be high enough to be a preferred choice compared to DeGoey, N.Daicos, Pendlebury, Mitchell or even Fin Macrae. Also from the small sample size of this season's preseason it seems not enough of Beau's pocessions in the midfield are effective. Maybe this is a slow evolution for Beau to add to his flexibility but I'd hate to see his influence as that burst defensive forward sacraficed to try and make him into something that he isn't naturally adept at. I still think Beau has the potential to be a real attacking weapon for Collingwood with some glimpses shown already over his highlight real.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:54 pm

What are our 3,2 and 1 for the charity shield match last night.

I go with this from what i saw:
3. De goey
2. Shultz
1. Cox

There were good glimses at times.
To me the ground was surprisingly slipery for some reason players were slipping and that was hard to handle the footy.
I like our chain work and getting nice entry into f50 as well.
Would have liked ash johnson and mcinness to have better games.
I thought we brought some pressure.
Boot 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:58 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
^

I think you have underrated Lipinski's form in last nights practice game. His pre-season form has been terrific and hopefully he can continue for the rest of this season to bolster Collingwoods chances of back-to-back.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:18 pm

Pretty sure Beau had 9 tackles, he will be fine. Keep doing that mate it's critical to our game.

Lippa was absolute class most of this game.

DeGoey looks another level to the rest of the players.

Richmond look like they might be in for a tough year as I reckon we were going half speed most of this game.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:50 pm

Oh yeah... Lippa & WHE

The two Collingwood role players that have had unbelievable pre-seasons

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/28/the-two-collingwood-role-players-that-have-had-unbelievable-pre-seasons/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
swooper 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Went along last night. Great atmosphere and good crowd.

Liked the look of Schulz and Dean very much. Lots of love in the crowd for Dean Smile

Honestly i dont read anything into these pre-season matches. Good to see the boys again after so long. Main concern is no real injuries.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Here's the Match Replay 🎵🎶

https://www.afl.com.au/video/1080007/pre-season-match-replay-collingwood-v-richmond?videoId=1080007&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1709073000001

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:20 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^

I'm probably more concerned with Elliot. I thought he has been really poor in two games so far.

Thanks for the update on Elliot. He looked tired in the finals last year. Lingering injury issues possibly. They catch up with you. We have Schulz as an immediate replacement though. I'm thinking at this stage Billy will be managed this year?

Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:28 pm

^ Elliot may have been a little off so far but he's got thru the practice matches uninjured. We know what he's capable of doing. He will build up during the long season and contribute to victories. What counts is to be in peak form and fitness before the finals, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: