Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Giants. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ there's not one AFL game in Melbourne this weekend.
3 of the scheduled matches start at 6.30pm, the other late afternoon.

Health and safety / player welfare disregarded? That's a stretch.
In Round 1, two matches are closer to traditional start times.
The transition from February to March in Melbourne brings an average high temperature of 22.9°C.
The AFL have delayed matches previously and have strict policies around this. AFL Victoria State League & Talent Program Guidelines -
Temperature equal to, or greater than 36°C at the scheduled commencement of the game:
a) A VFL or TAC Cup match shall not commence if the temperature at the scheduled commencement time is equal to or exceeds 36°C.

The lightning safety rule of 30/30 will be observed i.e. when play is to be stopped when the lightning to thunder ratio reaches 30 seconds or less (time between when the lightning is seen, and the last thunder is heard) play will be suspended and participants will be moved to a safe structure.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:36 am

I prefer McInnes ahead of Johnson any day of the week. He is more intense and does not drop easy overhead marks.
R.Barham 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:33 pm

I don't believe either will be selected ?!
Let us see
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:02 pm

warburton lad wrote:
For what it is worth, I still believe that the season is beginning way to early- I have authentic concerns for players in what might be very hot conditions around the nation- whatever happened to player welfare???

Well said. I share the same concerns and annoyance that the season is starting too early.
It's the earliest start to a season since 2000 when the season was brought forward by a few weeks to make way for the Sydney Olympics which would start in mid-September.
Why the need to start so early. On purely selfish terms, I was hoping to enjoy being the reigning premiers for a few more weeks Wink

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:23 pm

I’m also picturing a team selection where neither Johnson or McInnes are selected in the opening round. I’m also factoring in that Howe won’t be rushed back in either.
Whenever you play good opposition, you’re always looking to put out a versatile, flexible team that’s capable of reverting to a plan B or C in case plan A isn’t working ( and that obviously happens more often against better opponents ). Our flexibility comes from the likes of Cox, Naicos, W H E, Lipinski and even Frampton to an extent and its those types who can change things up around the ground. I feel like we’re better served with Cox starting forward and with the back up ruck work to be shared between Cox and Frampton ( they executed this against the Tigers ) This would require Dean to be selected and the absence of Howe and Deans ability to play as a key defender if Frampton is required elsewhere, makes his debut increasingly likely.
Playing an in form Noble also appeals because this allows Crisp to play more around the ball and present as the extra midfielder needed to run the Giants on ballers into the ground late in quarters.
I don’t usually buy into team selections because it only sets you up for failure but it’s the first game of the year, so I will have a crack

Below assumes Howe and Murphy are unavailable. Dean misses out if Howe comes up.

Dean Frampton Maynard
Noble Moore Quaynor
Jaicos Mitchell Sidey
Schultz Miochek Lipinski
Elliot Cox. Hill
Cameron DeGoey. Naicos
W H E Pendlebury Crisp. McCreery
Sub either Markov or Macrae
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:36 pm

I'm not sure that either Johnson or McInnis will come into the side, but if one of them comes in, I agree with Swoop that it's more likely to be Johnson.

I actually like Frampton in defence, as he is reminiscent of Presti, in his total focus on blanketing his opponent. His extra height will help free up Moore and Howe to play their intercepting roles.

Schultz will prove to be a marked improvement on Ginni, who had a very poor GF. Schultz is a pressure forward and a complete team player - with grunt.

Like others, I'm tipping Lipinski, now that he has fully recovered from his shoulder injuries, will have his best ever season.

Overall, I predict we will perform considerably better this year, and will start the season with a convincing win over the midgets.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:04 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Overall, I predict we will perform considerably better this year, and will start the season with a convincing win over the midgets.

You forgot to mention ~ at the 'showground for livestock'

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:45 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
For what it is worth, I still believe that the season is beginning way to early- I have authentic concerns for players in what might be very hot conditions around the nation- whatever happened to player welfare???

I agree. The temperature in Melbourne this Saturday is predicted to be 36 degrees. Fortunately, i dont think there is a game at the G on Saturday, but all other locations will have day temperatures of at least 29 degrees. Once again, we see that health and safety is always disregarded when profits are at stake.

It was 29 on GF day.
It's pretty mild, they train all through summer. A warm day is a total nothing factor for elite athletes.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:35 pm

I cannot see us winning this, these pricks are livid and out for revenge, and lets fact it, like the Gabba, nobody else will beat these buggers up there. BUT, fi we can snag a win, its a virtual 8 ladder point match, for us, so you never ruddy know, lose by 7 points, or win by 7 points, be a very close contest either way , methinks,

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:14 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
npalm wrote:
^ Stui & piedys are making a jokey reference to a great TV show of the sixties. A bit before your time I'm guessing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogan%27s_Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

Aha, i understand now!

First time for everything Laughing

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
First time for everything Laughing

^Was expecting this from you. You are very predictable.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:32 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
^

As usual, very interesting and thought provoking analysis. I would never have considered the possiblity of going without another tall in the forward line to help out Checkers, but maybe Cox has been practising and honing his forward craft. Fascinating to see what the final team will be.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:09 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
^Was expecting this from you. You are very predictable.

I wouldn't want to disappoint. Very Happy

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:12 pm

A bit of shit talk coming from north of the border. We haven’t said anything in response. I’m guessing we will do our taking on the field on Saturday night. What better way to shut them up.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:34 pm

What are they saying?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: