Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Lions. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ronnie McKeowns boots"]
LaurieHolden wrote:

did you see the incident with Jamie? Not sure what was said, but his reaction makes me think it was pretty unseemly

Not directly, there was a stoppage and all of a sudden he's lying prostrate on the ground. I thought he might have been trying to kiss Pendlegoats feet.
When the replay came up on the screen, the natives went bunta. It was great theatre in an electric atmosphere.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Yes, Neale is a loser for the ages.
I do occasionally wonder what the f%^& Collingwood was doing taking The Painter off their hands so they could recruit Neale, instead of telling him to paint landscapes at Kangaroo Point and throwing the salary cap at Neale.

A sliding doors moment indeed!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

What are the thoughts on McInnes?
He dropped a sitter on the wing I think in the third, and his confidence looked shot after that, his eyes were darting everywhere as he was taking that shot on goal, so was no surprise it went out on the full.
He has the tools, he needs the belief

Last edited by Ronnie McKeowns boots on Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

I don’t think we should underestimate just how much our “ unique “ draw has contributed to a slow start. We’ve started a season close to a month early with four games in 19 days. I really believe the short turnarounds and travel simply haven’t allowed us to hone our skills and improve our ball craft through the week. Our ball handling and skill execution remains below par under pressure and you need the hours through the week in order to hone those basic skills.
All we seem to be doing is rehab and and on occasions travel from one six day turnaround to the next. I expect the extra break before Hawthorn and then the bye will help to get our skills back up to speed and then set us up for whatever’s next.
I agree with David’s point about the best 22 taking a while to come together. It’s always difficult to make changes to a premiership team because these were the guys who got it done only four games ago. But some players within that group will drop off, while others from outside that same group will come on. All that can take a few weeks to bed down until there’s been enough exposed form UNDER PRESSURE to make those calls. Doesn’t help that we played three AFL games before the VFL kicked off either.
I’d be confident there’s better days ahead, including a bye that couldn’t come at a better time.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:57 am

[quote="LaurieHolden"]
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

did you see the incident with Jamie? Not sure what was said, but his reaction makes me think it was pretty unseemly

Not directly, there was a stoppage and all of a sudden he's lying prostrate on the ground. I thought he might have been trying to kiss Pendlegoats feet.
When the replay came up on the screen, the natives went bunta. It was great theatre in an electric atmosphere.

Nah, I was referring to a time Jamie got the ball from the crowd for a free kick on the boundary, and someone was yelling at him and he reacted with a very dirty look
Jamie is normally as composed a cat as you will see, so it must have been bad

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Now we have to analyse how/why we dropped off in the 2nd quarter, and maintain the intensity we applied for most of the game in every game from now on.

Rudey, Neale was immense, one of the better quarters I've seen from a footballer. If he was playing for us in Melbourne he'd be bigger than Daicos. He's that good. He's untaggable for a full match, much is then required of the structure and discipline of our players around him at the contests.
When he went off we took our opportunity to wrest the game back. It was that noticeable.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:10 am

Nah, I was referring to a time Jamie got the ball from the crowd for a free kick on the boundary, and someone was yelling at him and he reacted with a very dirty look
Jamie is normally as composed a cat as you will see, so it must have been bad

Sorry, had my glasses.off, thought you meant Neale.
I was a fair way away from that. At that point of the game I the crowd that was still simmering of the GF loss, then released the match slipping from their grasp as well as their top 4 aspirations hence while it's no Big Park up there, from what I was hearing around me, what would have been coming over the boundary line would have been pretty colourful.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am

He dropped a sitter on the wing I think in the third, and his confidence looked shot after that, his eyes were darting everywhere as he was taking that shot on goal, so was no surprise it went out on the full.

He has the tools, he needs the belief

McInnes had a job to do and he did it well. He was matched up with Andrews ( who is 200cm ) all night and kept Andrews influence to a minimum. He also had a couple nice wins against Andrews and that’s not easy for any young bloke trying to make their way against a serious opponent. McInnes is still growing into his 194cm body but he looks to be progressing nicely. He dropped a mark but that happens a lot up there at night ( just ask the Lions forwards ) He also took a strong mark earlier in the game. What I like about him is that he finds different ways to score his goals, so he’s not reliant on one trick to make a scoreboard impact.
The kid will have his ups and downs along the way but he has still managed four goals in his last two games. That seems like a reasonable return to me ( he also shepherded McCreerys goal through when plenty wouldn’t have done the same )
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/03/28/footy-fix-the-worst-grand-final-rematch-ever-just-proves-the-pies-have-slightly-fewer-problems-than-brisbane/

I think the above is a pretty accurate reflection of the game; 4 points is 4 points, but jeez it was rough to watch the turnovers

I dunno about that article. Pretty much suggests that Brisbane lost it rather than we won it.
I thought it was a very entertaining game to watch.
As bad as some of those turnovers in the corridor are hard to watch, my sense is that Fly won’t mind. They were skill errors yes, but that is the run and gun style he wants us to play and I doubt he’d be castigating any player who took that option.

There is a lot of improvement to come for us; and for them too no doubt but now they are under the blowtorch, not us.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
Neale was immense, one of the better quarters I've seen from a footballer. If he was playing for us in Melbourne he'd be bigger than Daicos. He's that good. He's untaggable.
When he went off we took our opportunity to wrest the game back. It was that noticeable.

It's also important to appreciate that Neale was thoroughly pantsed in the first and last quarters. Yes, he was great in the second (hence Collingwood subbing out our VFL-standard mid) but weight of quality won out against him across the game, as a whole.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:19 am

[quote="Pies2016"]

I took a particular interest in him at the game. While he's not quite impacting games yet, what I would say is his leading patterns have improved. He's mobile and quick.
He works hard to get back I composition.
If we had McStay in the air I reckon Reef would be a very handy 3rd tall. We lost our on Ollie Henry, Reef could yet develop I to a very capable HFF.
We need to get him to 50 games as quickly as possible with continuity of blocks of games.
From an application and team game craft.lerspectivs, he's miles ahead of AJ.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:19 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
Maybe it was the liniment in the air wafting across the boundary, or being in a hostile environment, but that was a win for the ages that really stirred the Carringbush in me.

The Lions supporters were absolutely headless. They're not as clueless as Sydney supporters on the rules, but they're a special lot all the same.
They've seriously turned on their side, coach and players like the nuffies in our match day thread. I just read some of the comments from our own in the 2nd qtr from the usual supporters made from chocolate.

There was some real vitriol being sprayed from the stands.

That was a seriously hard game, our players smashed them in the contest.
One opposition player stood out, Lachie Neale. He's a warrior. That 2nd qtr of his was elite, one of a pure footballer. His efforts alone kept them in the game.

We had a team contribution, was great to witness. Will it be the catalyst to get our season underway? Time will tell, but it certainly breathed some life into it.

Laurie, thoughtufl and well said as usual, buddy. Mate, I bailed out of the friggin match day thread a half time, the usual suspects, negative nellies, (and THEY know WHO they are) were too much for me to take. 5 points down, one poor qtr, but the dickhaeads calling us "shit" and taking cheapo shots at Hine, andmore drivel, was just beyond belief. I hipe the morons felt as guilty as post game, I wonder if they have done wiping all the egg off their panicking mooshes yet ? I would not want one of em standing next to me in the trenches, gutless wonders. Anyway, great Magpie victory mate, one for the ages, us Pies vets have seen another gem of a win. Exclamation Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 am

Winning is much better than losing
A lot of players improved
Frampton has stood out this year did playing in a FF do something for his confidence?
We need a couple more mids cannot rely on a 36 yo

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

Neale is a great Home and Away player, he goes missing in the games that matter. Last night I had him best on the ground and they still lost.

Framptom has come alive, he has improved from last year and it's amazing what a Premiership does to some players.

Our tackling, pressure and physicality were what I loved seeing. At times we had multiple players tackling them. A few times they were hearing footsteps which caused turnovers and goals.

We need to come out and beat the Dawks comfortably and in saying that, they have a habit of knocking us off.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 am

Bears supporters need to stick to league/union or whatever else they play up there. Seeing the Fitzroy scarfs in the crowd is pitiful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: