Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Lions. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Neale is a great Home and Away player, he goes missing in the games that matter. Last night I had him best on the ground and they still lost.

I've attended and watched a lot of Brisbane games. When the Lions made the coup of signing Neale in the 2018 off-season, it was following bottom 4 in the previous 5 seasons.
One of his standout 'big games' in particular was his 2022 elimination performance against the Tigers.
2 Browlows and 3 AA would suggest he doesn't go missing that often. He's carried this team. I'd love him at the Pies.

But back to the Pies, hats off to Mitchell last night, he really busted his gut against Neale. Mitchell would be bloody sore today, gee he worked hard. I'm not sure if we had another player that could have done the same. It would have otherwise been Adams job.
Sullivan, or maybe Bytel will be an interesting watch today in the VFL.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 am

Reef missed an easy mark, and later tried too hard to reset and fluffed a shot at goal. He will learn.

Neale is a Jet, simple as that. After he rolled his ankle, things clearly got much easier for us and much harder for Brisbane.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:46 am

One thing I always treat myself to after a win is a cooked breakfast, while taking in the replay. It's been a while!
Apologies to the Christians on Good Friday, but its bacon, snags, eggs and black pudding on the breakfast menu today.

Go Pies!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am

^^ For some reason I feel like a Burger. Neale will never be a Premiership Player unless he comes to the Pies Razz
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 am

Among all the talk about Pendles belly slapping Neale, not one person in the media has said “maybe we need to start looking at why he retaliated?” Dunno, just a thought. Four umpires on the ground and they all either don’t see or ignore Pendles getting whacked.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
One thing I always treat myself to after a win is a cooked breakfast, while taking in the replay. It's been a while!
Apologies to the Christians on Good Friday, but its bacon, snags, eggs and black pudding on the breakfast menu today.

Go Pies!

Haha,onya Laurie, nice one. Im not a devout Christian, but last time I had meat on Good Friday, on our way up to Eden, NSW, and I felt like an on the road meat pie for breakky. Anyway, girl friend driving, at the very moment I started to eat the pie, she lost control of the Datsun, skidded acrossthe road,and banged into, thankfully,a small tree. ! We were fine, but very shaken up, so, ever since then, NO meat for me today, no way Jose, not tempting fate again, plus its a family traditon, started by mum, who was pretty devout. So , its an egg and Hot X Buns for me, fish n chips for dinner. ! Enjoy the replay, savour it. Cheers mate.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am

A great tough win - out pressured the Lions and had them second guessing a lot of the time when they got the ball.

Neale is an out an out star - Mitchell did well against him and it looked like Schultz was on him in forward clearances at times.

Good to get a win like this without De Goey needing to star.

Special mention to Crisp - gave a lot of dash around the packs when he came on. Was not good last week but really put in after getting 'dropped' to the sub position.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 am

What I like about Frampton is that he is old school backline i.e. plays on his man. He is doing a pretty fair Jordan Roughead impersonation right now, hope it continues all year.

McInnes is a footballer who cracks in all game, has skills and doesn't injure himself or others every game, so ahead of Johnson and Krueger.

If the Lions made the most of their 21-2 inside 50s in the second we wouldn't be relaxing right now. But they didn't, so they can suck that.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am

Piesnchess wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

Go Pies!

Haha, onya Laurie, nice one. I'm not a devout Christian, but last time I had meat on Good Friday, on our way up to Eden, NSW, and I felt like an on the road meat pie for breakky. Anyway, girl friend driving, at the very moment I started to eat the pie, she lost control of the Datsun, skidded across the road,and banged into, thankfully, a small tree. ! We were fine, but very shaken up, so, ever since then, NO meat for me today, no way Jose, not tempting fate again, plus its a family tradition, started by mum, who was pretty devout. So, it's an egg and Hot X Buns for me, fish n chips for dinner! Enjoy the replay, savour it. Cheers mate.

Ha, so you consider it divine intervention of sorts? Was the Dato a 180b or the one with 20 more mistakes, the 200b?

think better wrote:
Special mention to Crisp - gave a lot of dash around the packs when he came on. Was not good last week but really put in after getting 'dropped' to the sub position.

He was good, wasn't he. And after getting his beak bludgeoned.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am

The coaches have been reluctant to start Macrae and last night wouldn’t have them feeling any different. He got his extended opportunity on the back of Naicos spending most of the night parked at half back. We looked better with Nick setting us up out of the backline but obviously we then lose out around the stoppages and clearances. So based around the club choosing to leave Nick back there, my money is on Sullivan being our clubs next debutant sometime over the next few weeks. I’ve got him as a more “ advanced “ footballer than Macrae and if Macrae doesn’t find his feet shortly, then Sullivan will get his chance.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:29 am

[quote="LaurieHolden"]
Piesnchess wrote:
Ha, so you consider it divine intervention of sorts? Was the Dato a 180b or the one with 20 more mistakes, the 200b?

Maaaate, was a new top of the line, Datsun 1200 Coupe, four on the floor, cool car for a then, very cool dude. Cool Cool

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:37 am

Piesnchess wrote:
^

1200 .jpg

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am

^ THAT was my baby, the EXACT ONE, cost $2800 brand new. Loved that coupe, " those were the days, my friend, we thought they would never end." - Mary Hopkins.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 am

Very happy to wake up this morning with the win. Found it very hard to watch the game last night, more anxiety than usual.

Bobby Hills, end the first quarter, McCreery's third quarter. Crisp's second half. Consistent strong efforts from Frampton. Naicos off half back. A bit of freedom for De Goey and Elliot's 4 goals from everywhere. Nice highlight package.

That second quarter collapse still haunts me. Pretty sure we are one of the worst second quarter teams over the last few years. We always seem to start well and then tread water or regress before waking up sometime after half time.

Taking last night's opposition into account, they played well for one quarter and then were pretty scrappy for the rest of it. Our defense did well to keep the lions fwds to 1 fwd 50 mark but gee they dropped some gettable marks and had lots of errors.

Its great to win but I'm not counting too far ahead yet as we still have a tough month ahead. Winning might paper over the cracks a little. We still haven't had a tall forward take over yet. Checkers was good in round zero but the supply omg the supply and the mistakes round 1 and 2 also. McInnes is third tall at his age and build. We're pinching with Cameron and Cox and the extra small.

So to Gather round and the bye, that creates an interesting conundrum. What to do with Sidey. Does he come back for one and then another break. Who do we rotate out? Does Pendles get a two week rest? Do they both miss GR and does a Sullivan or Harrison come in instead.

What I don't want to see is Macrae dropped for Sidey. Macrae had a good start to the game last night and got toweled up by Neale in the second. That's perfect and just what he needs. He needs those opportunities to test himself, learn and tough it out and get better

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am

Neale wasn’t 100% after he came back on, let’s face it.
When he dominated, we folded = scoreless qtr, onto the bench he went & we started winning the ball.
Shit players don’t win Brownlows.
Even when Neale came back on, he wasn’t as dominant as he was due to his injury.
I haven’t been following BNE but was Neale playing in their 2 losses?

Admittedly, I wasn’t watching all of our game, just bits & pieces as Penrith was also playing at the same time, so I was flicking channels.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: