Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Lions. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^I'll bump the Macrae discussion thread ~
Quote:
The Black and White Lion wrote:
What I don't want to see is Macrae dropped for Sidey. Macrae had a good start to the game last night and got toweled up by Neale in the second. That's perfect and just what he needs. He needs those opportunities to test himself, learn and tough it out and get better

Quote:
Pies2016 wrote:
The coaches have been reluctant to start Macrae and last night wouldn’t have them feeling any different. He got his extended opportunity on the back of Naicos spending most of the night parked at half back. We looked better with Nick setting us up out of the backline but obviously we then lose out around the stoppages and clearances. So based around the club choosing to leave Nick back there, my money is on Sullivan being our clubs next debutant sometime over the next few weeks. I’ve got him as a more “ advanced “ footballer than Macrae and if Macrae doesn’t find his feet shortly, then Sullivan will get his chance.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm

I’d be a little more patient in MacRae. Lots here absolutly baying for him to start and he did and for the sake of the game he was the one to get subbed. Probably didn’t help him that we had Crisp as the replacement.

I think we need to keep finding room for MacRae in the starting team. I think he’s got what it takes but he’s not gonna get to 50-70 games if he’s running around in the Magoos.

Great to get the win - the team has plenty of pride and was great to see them address some of the criticism of the last few weeks. Was still a bit sloppy with some ball handling and disposal (Hosk had a couple clanger moments), but it looked a greasy too.

We owe the hawks a bit of revenge and then have a chance to rest up. With a bit of luck we can get ourselves to 2-3 and build on the season.

Liking Frampton’s development and also thought McInnes needs to keep getting picked too. There’s enough there to suggest (IMo) he can be an important contributor for 5-10 years.

Enjoyed the physicality of checkers and Billy up front.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

Shit players don’t win Brownlows.

Hardie, Cooney, Wynd, Woewodin?
Maybe not shit but not anywhere near elite in my book.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 pm

is the blow torch going to be put at the Lions, Good win hope we get on a roll now
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
What are the thoughts on McInnes?

Has no fluidity from hand to foot...butchers his field kicking. Like the certain goal against St Kilda where he managed to put it to the Saint's advantage when our player was free.
His straight set shots are a Hail Mary. His set shot snaps are not bad, even on his left which had me questioning why he didn't snap his set shot.
His marking has improved so I'll give him a pass on the sitter he dropped.
Overall has the athletic profile to be a good player in the modern game but lacking basic skills as a footballer. I don't see him making it. Hope he proves me wrong, he seems like a good kid.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 pm

You are absolutely right LH about the BOG performance of Neale. He was certainly instrumental in dragging the Lions in front in the 2nd quarter. Luckily for us, his injured ankle impaired his output late in the game.

I sense, we are missing one more strong bodied midfielder, to ease the pressure off JDG. While some have noted the promise of Sullivan and Bytel, I am hoping this year sees the emergence of Ed Allan. Fingers crossed it happens sooner rather than later.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 pm

1st Quarter was the reason why the 2nd Quarter happend.

Our players blew themselves up in the 1st Quarter to set the state of the game... Fly must have asked them to treat the first Quarter like nothing else mattered.... and they were stuffed in the 2nd.

the longer halftime break and recovery and injection of Crispy's legs into the mids really did help sustain it for the rest of the game.

Its a massive win at the gabba.... This game will be spoken about at the end of the year if we make it to top 4
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm

"The second quarter was a disaster for us"

Except it wasn't. Most sides these days have a favored quarter where they put in a match grasping surge. Under Fagan, Brisbane always attempts a higher tempo surge during the second quarter. So over the second quarter Brisbane lifted their intensity all over the ground. They peppered the goals but only scored four majors for their trouble. Our defenders did a good job spoiling and preventing key marks when the ball came into their 50. We were assisted in that by Brisbane's relatively poor quality delivery into the 50. Cameron and Daniher both threatened without impacting much in the end. We made a few clangers due to their pressure and some of the turnovers we made are best forgotten. We didn't score ourselves from the two inside 50s we had but I would probably argue that we would have had more entries inside 50 for that quarter but for some silly turnovers in transition.

After half time we were able to launch our own counter attack, kick-started by McCreery's opening goal. So for me the second quarter, while a little difficult to watch was about absorbing the Brisbane pressure and holding them as best we can. I was pretty happy with the effort, as if it had been the two previous weeks, we might have folded.

That said, Brisbane fans might ask the question why can't they follow through on the intensity of quarters like that? Is the second quarter a little too early to be going for the doctor? Smile

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 pm

dalyc wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

Shit players don’t win Brownlows.

Hardie, Cooney, Wynd, Woewodin?

Maybe not shit but not anywhere near elite in my book.

Hardie elite
Put Cooney in a finals team & he’d look elite
Wynd arguably elite (debatable)
Woewodin had 1 elite yr

But non won 2 Charlie’s
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 pm

VFL team is currently playing the Lions. Link here to watch the game for those who are interested in watching our AFL listed players in the team (Sullivan, Bytel, Allan et al):

https://www.afl.com.au/afl-tv/stream?player=arILJvH9PY&streamId=State%20League%20CH5

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 pm

We need to keep getting games into McCrae and McInnes. Both of them will develop at a far quicker rate in the senior team than ever they would in the seconds. Both have seem to have a lot more potential to develop, particularly McInnes. I also want to see Allan and Sullivan. Sullivan is a mature player and I'm interested to see what he brings to the table.

For these guys to get a game, some of our old fellas need to make way gracefully. I think the move to drop Sidebottom was a good one. I think he should now be heading into a depth player role. Bringing him back early in the same role will only see more of the same recent form. Rest him for a few weeks to make him really hungry and lets see what the other kids bring to the table. I liked the idea of Crisp as an impact sub. Last night we got the best of both worlds: McCrae's youthful enthusiasm in the first half and Crisp's run and game sense in the second.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
But back to the Pies, hats off to Mitchell last night, he really busted his gut against Neale.

Spot on. Nothing flash about our Mitch but he puts in, every match.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 pm

Watching another replay.

Noblet to Bobby, for our 5th. first quarter goal, was all class.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 pm

Second quarter coming up. Think I'll make some lunch. Back for the start of the third. Wink

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 pm

bally12 wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
What are the thoughts on McInnes?

Has no fluidity from hand to foot...butchers his field kicking. ......
Overall has the athletic profile to be a good player in the modern game but lacking basic skills as a footballer. I don't see him making it. Hope he proves me wrong, he seems like a good kid.

Gee I dunno about that Bally, he is a Academy kid after all, don't think his skill set is the issue.
Kicking can be improved, mostly about technique....and more importantly and less emphasised by most...the mental strength to stick rigidly to that routine in the face of immense internal mental pressure.

Pendles would be the one to learn that from I'd wager, so he is in a good place

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: