Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m okay with Sidey coming back in this week, but only if it’s at the expense of another veteran (e.g. Mitchell or Hoskin-Elliott). Otherwise we shouldn’t be messing with last week’s formula I reckon.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:11 pm

it is a must win game, they have very few big name players. An aspiring finalist should not be losing to Hawthorn at this stage.
so, pick your best side, the side you believe will have the best chance of winning. Don't worry about who is a veteran or not, don't worry about giving new players a game or not, Just pick your best side.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:45 pm
Post subject: pies v DorksReply with quote

Absolutely never match up against Hawthorn...EVER. Don't understand.. Hate losing to them.
Can't remember the last time we beat them. The prelim n 2011 was what I remember.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:53 pm

^
We beat the hawks the year before last by less than a kick in a wet slog in the end at the g after a faster start. But I see what you are saying about hard to remember wins. That last win was after our least successful period against them going back to that pf in 2011. Buckley coached them for one win in his 10 years at the helm.
We should be right if we bring the same pressure to bear as we did against Brisbane and I think we will.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:15 pm

Hawthorn will be a danger game for sure. We did well upping the pressure last week but now need to grow it still further or at least maintain it for this game. If we dont they will have us.

I hope they dont bring Sidebottom back unless he has demonstrated a marked improvement in form. Otherwise he will be found out once again.

If people dont want to play McCrae then give Sullivan a go for a couple of games. It sounds like he is ready to go and is a mature player.

And if any of them go near Naicos this time, wipe the MCG with them!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:35 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
And if any of them go near Naicos this time, wipe the MCG with them!

Yep, I am sure Fly has formulated a plan to deal with any thugs who think they can rough up Naicos, on the instructions of knee jerk Mitchell.
No doubt, Bruzza will be a key part of it.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:45 pm

David wrote:
I’m okay with Sidey coming back in this week, but only if it’s at the expense of another veteran (e.g. Mitchell or Hoskin-Elliott). Otherwise we shouldn’t be messing with last week’s formula I reckon.

Yep agree, but will have to be WHE who misses out, because we need Mitchell in the midfield atm. That is why it is so crucial for us to trial our other potential inside mids. I would like to see Fin given another opportunity, but failign that then Sullivan to come on board. Because Titch can't do it by himself. He urgently needs a reinforcement, and we urgently need to establish who it will be.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:22 am

Presti35 wrote:
I find it absolutely amazing that now its all about Ginni's unfair treatment.
Of course in the week leading up to the game against Collingwood.

yeh, sure is, ive change my view on the little race track head ducker. Soon as whining sniper Mitchell pissed an moaned re the free kicks, ran like a baby to the League to complain, ( I dont recall us doing that ) I said to meself, "here we go, dont touch the little bastard,cos against us, he will get the friggin earth in frees, all within easy shot at the Hawk goals. So, take heed Bruzza, be very very careful when you tackle the little shit, the umps will pay it against you for the very, very slightest touch up Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:57 am

Instruction to all pies, if ginnavin takes possession just aim a bump tackle at his exposed ribs, drive their shoulder into exposed ribs as he lifts his arm to attract high tackle
Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:32 am

Pies have the hunger back. Forget the past. Pies by 47
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:54 am

Line up:

FB Howe Frampton IQ
CB Maynard Moore Nick daicos
C: Carmichael JDG Fin
CF: Pendles Kruger Hill
FF: Elliott Checkers McInness
R: Cox Mitchell Josh daicos
INT: Cameron Lipinski McCreery Crisp
Sub: Noble
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:40 pm

Noble will picked in the 18 to take the field. He deserves to be treated with respect unlike last season when he was dumped for the GF having played all year. That still doesn’t sit well with me irrespective of winning the flag 😫
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:16 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Noble will picked in the 18 to take the field. He deserves to be treated with respect unlike last season when he was dumped for the GF having played all year. That still doesn’t sit well with me irrespective of winning the flag 😫

I'm hoping for minimal changes to last week's winning team. Maybe Sullivan for McCrae would be a reasonable move but apart from that leave well alone.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:33 pm

McRae has already suggested that Sidney is back in so there will be at least one change.

Out: Howe (managed)
In: Sidebottom
Sub: Hoskin-Elliott

Minimal changes for us.
Hawks have lost Watson, Lewis and Breust all injured.
It is a damn shame that the VFL are not playing this week- would have been great to have seen Krueger, Ryan, Begg, Jath, Sullivan, Allan, Bytel, Richards, Carmichael, Dean, Parker, Markov ply their trade.
If we were going left-field this week, it may be the chance to give Ed Allan a taste of AFL- his form in the VFL has been strong and he is very quick over the ground.

themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:47 pm

warburton lad wrote:
^

Not saying this won't happen but why does anyone need to be manged at this time of year, especially with a bye next?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: