Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

His 312 games alone say that you know nothing about football.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Swoop Luke reckons Woods by 40 points. Just saying.

That means nothing. He also tipped us to beat GWS and the Swans.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:15 pm

Predictions are meaningless but I'm pretty confident about tomorrow. I think we should win comfortably, and I haven't felt that way leading up to a game since last year.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:27 pm

I have always liked Sidebottom as a player and respect his record but I do think his form is definitely tailing off due to his age. I'm hoping he puts in a good game this week because if he doesnt, hard decisions will be need to made soon about his future selection.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:57 pm

Sidey will always be remembered for that magnificent long goal, last 4 mins of the GF, to put us ten points up. Seeing bloody Daniher got last goal of the game, put em within 4 points, without sidey we would have lost the Premiership by a lousy 2 points, Heartbreak city again. He deserves that accolade, he will retire this season, along with 3 others Id say.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:15 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
I have always liked Sidebottom as a player and respect his record but I do think his form is definitely tailing off due to his age. I'm hoping he puts in a good game this week because if he doesnt, hard decisions will be need to made soon about his future selection.

Sidey was brilliant in the GF, and in the entire finals series. So far he has played 3 games in 2024, in all of which the entire team was playing at a low standard.
I would not be declaring him to be over the hill with such a limited amount of data, and above all else with his historical record. The ability he demonstrated in September last year cannot have disappeared in the space of 6 months.
Sidey is a Collingwood champion who stands among the echelon of our club legends.
I look forward to see what he can do tomorrow.
As Zed said, he has been over the last two years the grease that allowed the entire machine to run smoothly: he is the connector who has so often appeared at the right time to link up a chain of ball movement.
I like the way we are playing our "elderly statesmen" actually, rotating and managing them so that when they play they have the physical energy to stamp their mark on the course of the game. I am wondering even if Pendles might be the sub tomorrow - would be quite unusual, since he isn't named on the bench, but it is his turn to be managed, and he would be brilliant on the bench, speaking to the players coming off the field at interchange, instructing them on what their aim/positioning should be, etc.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:16 pm

Logic says we should beat Hawthorn comfortably. The Hawks have some major outs in Breust, Lewis and Watson and they haven't been competitive so far this season. If we're serious about another tilt, we simply have to win this.

However, our head to head history in recent times always makes me dread playing them. In addition, with the added layer of Ginnivan, I'm worried the umpires will overcompensate him for the way he was mistreated on Easter Monday against Geelong.

Will be interesting if Fly decides to apply a tag on Sicily this time round. He killed us last year and I thought it was a costly moment for us not to tag him so hopefully we might have learnt some lessons there. I'm going to assume the Hawks use Maginness again to tag N Daicos.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:27 pm

Sidey has been one of our most consistently good players throughout his career. His skills are sublime and is widely recognised as being the most skilful left and right foot kick in the AFL. He has never been quick, but makes up for it with his incredible aerobic capacity and his brilliant reading of the play.

His inclusion will help us to victory over the Dorks. Pies by 15 pts.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:31 pm

Jezza wrote:
Logic says we should beat Hawthorn comfortably. The Hawks have some major outs in Breust, Lewis and Watson and they haven't been competitive so far this season. If we're serious about another tilt, we simply have to win this.

However, our head to head history in recent times always makes me dread playing them. In addition, with the added layer of Ginnivan, I'm worried the umpires will overcompensate him for the way he was mistreated on Easter Monday against Geelong.

Will be interesting if Fly decides to apply a tag on Sicily this time round. He killed us last year and I thought it was a costly moment for us not to tag him so hopefully we might have learnt some lessons there. I'm going to assume the Hawks use Maginness again to tag N Daicos.

I am convinced that the old hoodoos are no longer relevent under Fly. I am not going to let the historical record affect my assessment of our prospects tomorrow.
If any team knows Ginni's tricks, it is us. We'll be ready for him.
If they try to repeat the thuggery of Finn McGuinnes on Naicos, I think they will regret it. History does not ever repeat itself exactly.
Sicily has been selected on the wing.
He could be very dangerous there, I agree.
I don't see that we have anyone who could effectively tag Sicily, and nor is this our style.
The main issue is for our mids to ensure dominance, or at least equality. From there, the quality we have both in our F50 and D50 against the opposition will be dominant. As usual, the midfield battle is crucial.
We simply must win, and our team knows it.
Pressure was back last week.
It will be here again this week.
Skill set still improving.
Sidey has come in to ensure that we improve in this area as well.
They have lost one of their key defenders to injury (James Blank ) and
Confident, without being super confident.
I feel the tension, but feel the drive to win as well that will be inspiring our team.
I think we go into this game psychologically and physically ready.
Go Pies!!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:34 pm

Just watched Fly's presser for this week.
What a masterclass, it was superb.
He was asked about how we would deal with the tag of McGuiness on Naicos.
He answered: "Well it would help if Nick doesn't get a knee to the leg this time"
and added that they can try a tag if they want, but Naicos goes everywhere, and that might just tie them in knots if they persist with such a tag.
When asked about Ginni, he answered: "Well hopefully he doesn't get too many free kicks...he didn't when he was playing for us".
Just brilliant.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:40 pm

How good is McRae in handling the smartarses from the hack media! Just brilliant. The ‘pies will win, end of story. Easy win by 20 +
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:41 pm

Sidey and Nobes will compete for BOG.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: