Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

warburton lad wrote:
^

Very true. Unstoppable footy is playing chaos ball, taking risks while running hard both ways and applying manic pressure. Unsociable football is thuggery under a passable name with the aim to get the opposition suffer an injury or two in strongman tackles that are borderline legal. I’m sure McRae and the support staff are all over this tactic and will have a great counter attack.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:26 pm

Dean, Johnson, Markov and now seemingly Macrae.
Not sure why some would be at all surprised and it's reassuring to know that Fly is prepared to give opportunity but take it away quickly if your form doesn't live up to expectations.
We are the reigning Premier after all so our standards and expectations for this season should be higher than those teams in rebuild mode.
My only possible caveat would be that I like the idea of one in one out when it comes to our veterans and junior players.
So, for example, if Macrae is out then Harrison gets his shot. Likewise, if Sidebottom comes in it's at the expense of another veteran or experienced player.
By doing this we are not only lessening the load on our aging players across the home & away season but keeping one eye on the future by giving exposure to the kids.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:59 pm

^ agree with that. Got to find balance for both the future and the present. Fortunately we snatched a flag and that can’t be taken away whatever happens next. I don’t want to see us plummet to 16th when our old guys all retire, but I don’t want us to be too rubbish in the near term either.

Potentially, once you’ve had success, this is the hardest part of coaching. Richmond and Eagles got it very wrong. Melbourne were aided by having Jackson and getting a kings ransom - part of which they blew on Grundy. We’ve already given up a bit to stay in the hunt. We also have some good 26 and under players who need to keep getting air time and developing to take over the torch.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:00 pm

McRae wouldn’t believe his luck if Maguiness was sent to Nick. The options that open up to offset any Hawthorn hard tag ( as opposed to any run with role ) are endless. Bring it on.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:03 pm

Moore out AFL app got a virus
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:13 pm

Do you know this for certain? Or have you heard a whisper?
piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:07 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Moore out AFL app got a virus

Just named in the team so this is incorrect…

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:27 pm

Macrae has been left out, along with Richards and Harrison. Final bench (including whoever will be named sub) is a bit different from last night: it’s now Crisp, Cox, Sidebottom, McCreery, Quaynor.

Nice to see Noble in the starting 18!

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:00 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Noble will picked in the 18 to take the field. He deserves to be treated with respect unlike last season when he was dumped for the GF having played all year. That still doesn’t sit well with me irrespective of winning the flag 😫

Yes David I agree! And I also think that the above poster, who is showing signs of early dementia and thinks that “the early worm gets the bird”
got it very right for once in his dumb life 😄 Always a first time 😹

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:49 pm

David wrote:
Macrae has been left out, along with Richards and Harrison. Final bench (including whoever will be named sub) is a bit different from last night: it’s now Crisp, Cox, Sidebottom, McCreery, Quaynor.

Wow, that is quite a strange Final bench. I hope Beau is not the sub, and can't see how IQ could be either. I am thinking the sub will be Sidey.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:52 pm

Hawks and Blues got us last year during our heavy load training block before finals. I expect us to have a bit more run in us this time around.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:17 am

David wrote:

With Moore supposedly sick there needs to be a built in cover in case he can’t last the game out
Checkers could go back as emergency if required
That would mean
Cox or Cameron to rest at FF
Based on the way we played last week and how we play our best football
IQ and McCreery are required for there speed
With McRae out Crisp will be needed to play in the centre chopping out for Mitchell
That leaves Sidey as sub
He can come on late 3rd quarter to give either Pendles or WHE a rest for final term we should have the game secured by then
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:37 am

^ Or since he's been our second best player, year in and year out, since Swan retired, Sidebottom might, you know, play when the match is there to be won.

Equals Tony Shaw's number of games for the Club tomorrow and will move clear into second place all-time behind Pendlebury in his next game after that. At some point, you're going to have to acknowledge that Steele is one of the handful of genuine Collingwood all-time greats to have taken the field since 1958.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:49 am

^^^Well said Pies4shaw! Undoubtedly, has and still is one of our best! Would be one of the first picked every week!
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:53 am

^^^Sidey’s an amazing player still…is rated harshly on here by some nufties who don’t see or value the work he does off the ball and with it to make others around him better. It was evident from his very first couple of games he was a ‘player’ and would be a star. Love you Sidey!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: