Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Hawks. Late changes, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:56 pm
Post subject: Game Day. Pies v. Hawks. Late changes, comments.Reply with quote

Adelaide Oval. 5.10

Collingwood v. Hawthorn.

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other team playing the Hawks today would win by 8 - 10 goals.
But, given we defecate the linen against this mob, I'm tipping Hawks by 5 points.

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:57 am

Looking forward to this one - the only Adelaide game for the Pies this year.

The weather looks good - should be cloudy and about 20 degrees come bounce down.

I hope we bring the heat and pressure that we had last week.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:10 am

Another poster mentioned Sicily has been named on the wing; this concerns me.

He will be too good in the air for either Josh or Sidey...and he has Sidey covered for pace

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:36 am

Proud of Darcy standing next to thug Sicily, interviewed , on Ginnivan, "we are ready for Jacks antics" on Daicos getting ruthlessly attacked again, " Rest assured , we ALL have Nicks back, ALL of us". Sicily looked mournful.

Woods by 17 points, after a scrap. Then get the hell out of Adelaide.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:35 am

If we bring our A game like last week, it should be a comfortable win.
I'd like Schultz to show us his brilliance today.
Ginnivan a non-event. Maggies by 20 points

Here's some light reading while you wait for the game:
From love-to-hate to hot property: Why Collingwood players are so marketable
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/from-love-to-hate-to-hot-property-why-collingwood-players-are-so-marketable-20240404-p5fhdf.html

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:53 pm

I'd almost be inclined to have Noble on Ginnivan - he could pay tight enough and run off almost at will. Ginnivan isn't the best defensive forward ever.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
But, given we defecate the linen against this mob, I'm tipping Hawks by 5 points.

Fair enough point of view but will you be man enough to say “I was wrong” if we win by a few goals? I will be man enough to say “I was wrong” if Collingwood lose by 5 points or more. Let’s see if you will be when Collingwood wins easily. The time is right to give the Hawks a bit of stick.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:08 pm

I never take anything for granted against Hawthorn but they're heading for a bottom 4 finish and if you take a look at their outs they'll be without their best tall forward, their best midfielder, a key defender, their top draft pick of last season in the Wizard and the experience of Breust, Gunston and Wingard.

If we can't get the job done today after what should have been a confidence building victory against the Lions then one has to wonder if that was merely a false dawn.

Just win.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:14 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Fair enough point of view but will you be man enough to say “I was wrong” if we win by a few goals? I will be man enough to say “I was wrong” if Collingwood lose by 5 points or more. Let’s see if you will be when Collingwood wins easily. The time is right to give the Hawks a bit of stick.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've watched every Pies / Hawks games over the past 30+ years only to watch us regularly lose to them.

If the years where the Hawks have been a terrible team, we seem to lose, and in the years the Hawks have been a good team, we seem to lose.

I'm almost inclined to say that there is no one more certainty to death and taxes.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:16 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I never take anything for granted against Hawthorn but they're heading for a bottom 4 finish and if you take a look at their outs they'll be without their best tall forward, their best midfielder, a key defender, their top draft pick of last season in the Wizard and the experience of Breust, Gunston and Wingard.

If we can't get the job done today after what should have been a confidence building victory against the Lions then one has to wonder if that was merely a false dawn.

Just win.

Don’t know about other Nicksters but I certainly will be extremely disappointed and lose my entire confidence in this team if they get done today. We all know that Collingwood is good enough to beat them by a reasonable margin. If they don’t, something is very wrong with the team. However this is purely hypothetical because we will definitely win today.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:19 pm

ITS TIME to kick this piss and poop bastard teams arse, stick it up sniper Mitchell, just win and win well.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:24 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

I hope I'm wrong, but I've watched every Pies / Hawks games over the past 30+ years only to watch us regularly lose to them.

If the years where the Hawks have been a terrible team, we seem to lose, and in the years the Hawks have been a good team, we seem to lose.

I'm almost inclined to say that there is no one more certainty to death and taxes.

Yeah I have probably seen the same games as you in the past, including the pre season and mid season cup night matches that were played at Waverly Park in the late 70’s and the 80’s. And generally I would agree with your comments but I think the current situation and the consequences of a loss are far greater than normal when you are the reigning premiers and defending the flag. Like I have said earlier, if the team doesn’t fire right up to have a good win today, then I will be extremely concerned about the rest of the season.
In 1990, the Hawks beat us by 80 points in the last home and away game but we still ended up winning the flag! We will overcome anything they throw at us. Bring it on!!

Last edited by lazzadesilva on Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:28 pm

^ If we lose, we're done. We need to get to 4 - 4, and even then, we'll probably have the top 4 as losing just 1 or 2 games by then.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:35 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
^ If we lose, we're done. We need to get to 4 - 4, and even then, we'll probably have the top 4 as losing just 1 or 2 games by then.

Premierships are not won in April, its a marathon,not a sprint, we had a very hard first four rounds, 3 of those teams were finalists last season, and saints are no easy beats. Others like Blues (very lucky to win yesterday,and v the Tigers) have played both Nth and or west coast, Giants played nth and eagles, in consecutive weeks, lovely two games, Lions played Nth yesterday belted em. Win today and next week, 3-3, we are back on track for top four. Long way to go yet. Surprised

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: