Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pump Port. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun Fact.

In the corresponding game last year against Port we won by 71pts.

We had 30 scoring shots to 19.

Today it was 38 scoring shots to 21.

After our woeful start it's quite amazing how much the scoreboard ended up flattering Port.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:38 pm

What a turn around. Port were killing us, Horne Francis was playing like Ben Cousins and Aliir was spoiling everything like a Murphy / Moore combined.

Then suddenly goal goal goal and we go in 2 goals in front. Wonderful to watch. Hoskin-Elliot giving us a spark with his marking.

Great team performance. And Bobby Hill… he deserved a goal by the end of the game.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:40 pm

Good win, very happy!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

Please look at the match thread:"Fly has lost the edge", why do you barrack for Collingwood?

Great win, even better come back.

Huge ANZAC Day clash coming

BenBronx 

Hot Pies 🔥

A HUGE win. After that first quarter I was fearing the worst. Then we saw that brand of footy that led us to the holy grail in 2023. What a turnaround to win by 42 points after trailing by 31 points. I thought Mason Cox was influential. Loved how unselfish Bobby Hill was to set up his teammates with goals when he could have kicked them himself. He knew that Lachie Schultz and Reef McInnes needed it more. Can't wait for ANZAC Day to hopefully be 4-3 on the year and see Scott Pendlebury (9,996) become the first player in VFL/AFL history to get 10,000 disposals.
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:45 pm

Port back behind the prison bars where they belong!!!!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pm

Well,that was a very satisfying win.I’m a happy little Vegemite,marmite,and every other spread you can think of.😀

It just show what the team is capable of when they really put their minds to it,and play their natural game.I don’t know what happened in the first quarter,but we were able to turn it around very quickly in the second,thank God.

Hoskin Elliot was great today.He was in everything,especially when we were struggling to score early on.Maybe his go is on the forward line after all?I think he started his career as a forward,didn’t he?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pm

Our supporters are amazing.

65,834 in attendance today, which is a record H&A crowd for Port Adelaide

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:49 pm

Jezza wrote:
Our supporters are amazing.

65,834 in attendance today, which is a record H&A crowd for Port Adelaide

They really made a hell of a lot of noise when we got going in the second quarter,didn’t they?Great stuff.
Boot 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 pm

After a very slow start this was a terrific victory albeit that Port Adelaide are a shadow of themselves away from Adelaide. Clearly Mason Cox must have some sort of hand injury to require a glove? Even so I thought Cox played well today and hit the scoreboard as well as contributed well around the ground.
DeGoey and both the Daicos boys were good , Will Hoskins-Elliot was terrific in the first half, he’s such a versatile utility type of player and Darcy Moore was looking more like the all Australian defender we expect to see. Great stuff!!😊
Still some room for improvement from Elliot, McCreery and Schultz but I’m confident those three will shine on ANZAC day!
“we’re back baby’ indeed!
Go Pies!!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:58 pm

Jezza wrote:
Great performances by Lippa and WHE.

Bobby was selfless in providing his teammates opportunities in front of goal instead of kicking them himself.

I’ve never understood the W H E or Lipinski knocks. They might both be the 20th and 21st players picked every week but that still makes them best 22 in the reigning premiers. Watch how far back Lipinski gets to help our defence and then still bobs up for four goals ( three when the game was still on the line ) Both these guys are so versatile, you need them when plan A isn’t working and the magnets need to be shuffled around.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Nearly wrote:
I have never once gone to the game day thread. I imagine today would,have been a shocker.

So how do you know then? Rolling Eyes It gives people a chance to vent in real time. That can't be a bad thing.

After a shocking first 20 minutes we dominated and came away deservedly with the points. Bobby is back. WHE was superb. Everyone contributed once we got going. We can build a season around that win. But Anzac Day is the key. A big win then and we can truly say we're back.

Pendles for 10,000 possessions and the Medal. "Scott Emblebry".
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:16 pm

Nearly wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Great performances by Lippa and WHE.

Bobby was selfless in providing his teammates opportunities in front of goal instead of kicking them himself.

Indeed, but there was twice I thought he should have had the shot. But, there are coaches that will guide him through that.

I tend to agree with that. We all applaud the “ team thing “ but there were times when Bobby’s unselfishness could have also led to the player on the end of it fumbling or not being ready for it. It happens. I loved the McInnes over the top handball to a young bloke looking to find some confidence but in a couple instances, Bobby was almost over the top with his sharing the love around.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 pm

I’ll say it again. Right now their midfield is overrated and forward and back are poor.

Great seeing such an even spread of contribution from our boys especially some of the lesser lights. Probably should have one by another 30 or 40. Great win super pumped for the team. Hope we can build from here going forward.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:26 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
Please look at the match thread:"Fly has lost the edge", why do you barrack for Collingwood?

Great win, even better come back.

Huge ANZAC Day clash coming

Probably the same idiot who said that Collingwood should sack Fly last week 🧐 Venting is okay up to a point and I get that fans get angry and frustrated during a game but to abuse and insult the coach is just a pathetic tantrum from a childish, sulking fan 🤬
Anzac Day should see an extremely confident Collingwood team in action. They did a lot right today but they have stacks of room for improvement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: