Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harley Reid Hype

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:59 pm
Post subject: Harley Reid HypeReply with quote

No, this isn't a slight Reid thread. The kid is the real deal, and will be a generational player (sans injuries).

My reason for posting this, was that I am glad to see Reid is grabbing the headlines and pulling the focus away from Nick Diacos. I think this will serve our side well. We need a new competition poster child.

As a side note, please Collingwood, we missed out on Judd when he wanted to come back, save some serious dollars and draft capital, and get in Harley's ear now.

Nick Diacos and Harley Reid in the black and white anyone?

Edit: he won't come cheap, you would need 3 first round picks (possibly more now) and over a million a year.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Derkd, Harley Reid is a gun. No doubt about it.

But, you're Judd reference is incorrect. Us not getting Judd had nothing to do with money. Judd would've been happy to come to Collingwood. Only problem was, WCE wanted a couple of kids called Thomas and Pendlebury. The club didn't want to do that deal. Thomas played in a premiership. Pendlebury has played in 2, so far.

Carlton was happy to give up pick #3 and a young forward who was showing promise called Josh Kennedy. Josh Kennedy played in a premiership.

How many premierships did Chris Judd play in at Carlton? I forget.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:48 pm

I said this at the time, watching the final game of 2023 H&A season.

Pauperoos only had to put up a good showing against GCS in Tassy, and perhaps suffer a late final term fade-out, to ensure they finished last and thus snaffled Reid with their first pick, ahead of 2nd-last WCE.

Nobody would have questioned an honourable loss here.

But no, not these numpties.

In perhaps THE greatest display of arrogance, stupidity and self sabotage i've witnessed in 40 years of watching AFL/VFL; these imbeciles decided they wanted to WIN, get off the bottom of the table, and thus miss out on the Reid pick.

They won, but oh boy, did they LOSE....

I seriously couldn't believe what I was witnessing.
TV broadcast Commentators were reading between the lines as well, and were somewhat dumbfounded at the result unfolding.

I do realise the point of playing games is to win, but the fall-out from this this will haunt them for 10-12 years.

Now, as much as I abhor tanking in sport, there's a time and a place for it, for the greater good of your club.
This was one of them and they failed miserabley. No; epically...

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:10 pm

^ your correct,but on current trajectory, will North even be around in 10 to 12 years? It has the late Fitzroy smell. I wonder if the AFL will shuffle them off to another town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: