Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

All Post Match Round 1 v Bitchmond here thanx!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:17 am
Post subject: All Post Match Round 1 v Bitchmond here thanx!Reply with quote

Enjoy that? or not?
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it, LD!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:47 am

Nice way to start the year!

Lets go on and break the blues!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:58 am

An average effort against a pathetic team. Improvement to come with the inclusion of Burns,Lica & Cloke. Presti to face another fitness test as does Fraser.

Bucks BOG by a mile and what a great goal, followed by Williams.

Williams, Lokan, Woey & Walker were all impressive for their first hit out.

Williams with 20+ possesions and the most marks on the night was a great game and this is from a guy that was concussed early on.

Walker did not play his natural game and was used by MM to negate Richardson. Did ok as Richo's confidence was shot.

Lokan did a great run out the backline which resulted in Woeys first goal and to see his team mates congratulate him was fantastic.

McKee played a solid 4 1/4's of Football and reads the game well.

Didak was not himself after a hard knock, but scored when it counted.

My highlight was sitting in the middle of the Richmond cheer squad and listening to them moan about their team and wanting to kill Frawley.

My Votes

3 Bucks
2 Williams
1 McKee

Overall a well balanced team effort against a team I do not rate in the top 10.

Don't get excited as we have not beaten anyone yet this year so far.

Our wins

Carlton (Wooden Spoon)
Hawks (10th)
Cats (9th)
Richmond (15th)

A win is a win and that is what matters.

Bring on the Blues Razz
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:01 am

well i've just finished watching the foxtel replay of the game once i got home from the G. What can i say?????? the first half i think we were pretty atrocious, but i put that down to the boys getting a feel for the 'new' ground. After 1/2 time we shone. and boy did we shine!!!

Buckley.......Like a good wine.....just gets better with age
Shane, Shane and Shane...... that would be Woewoden, O'bree and of course Wakelin, all played brilliantly as did the W boys.....Woey again, Williams and of course Walker....but my hero has always been Didak....i picked him last year to be a force....and he hasn't disappointed me yet.

And how woeful is the MCG now?!!!! They have all this electronic advertising round the ground but the only scoreboard we can see has to be changed by hand....did we go back 20 years?????? No time clock for 80% of the supporters to see and of course, no screen to see either.....and we have 3 years of this??????? They have to do something about the scoreboard and time clock.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:13 pm

A nice way to start 2003. A good, solid win without playing particularly brilliantly, with 5 of our top players missing. I was quite impressed. This game is the kind of game teams like Collingwood are expected to win and we havent in the future, so last night was a real step in the right direction.

I was especially impressed with Andrew Williams and Tristan Walker, in fact all the new boys were fantastic. Also a good, solid game for Shane OBree was just what he needed so well done Cheesy. Brilliant game from Bux as usual and Leon Davis was exciting!

WELL DONE PIEBOYS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:26 pm
Post subject: match reportReply with quote

Im now confused.
After much being told where match reports go i have succumbed to requests and put it in the match section.
Does this thread mean you want it in here now?
im as confused as the richmond fans wondering why richo is on 700000 a year.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:22 pm

I'm not gonna complain to any one,but we have got Fox footy chanel/extra at present for FREE,so I watched the game on Fox last night,and both the mrs and myself were very impressed.The recruits were excellent,I loved to see young Lachlan drive Richo into the dirt on numerous occasions and give him the raw end of the pineapple.The gap where the goals is,is terrible and I recon that if Tiges had kicked straight that the game would have been much closer,which was proved when Bucks kicked a 55 meter at that end.
All in all the first 1/2 was scrappy,but the PIES came into their own after then and showed that they mean business this year,even with 4 or 5 stars out,the guys who filled their positions really stood up and were counted.
well done to all of the guys and lets make 2003 a year to remember.

magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:40 pm

It was fantastic the first half was very scrappy but we showed how we always finish off well and put sides away in the finish and once we have all our stars back in watch out everyone is all I can say because we will just be awesome and probably good enough to beat brisbane at the gabba so lets continue the journey of our premiership year 2003.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:22 pm

How did Shaw Jr go in the big time? Haven't read anything at all about his game so probly had a quiet one although got a few touches.
Obviously it would be great if another Shaw becomes a regular and sounds like he has lots of potential.
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:23 pm

Shaw was impressive running from back pocket.
Looks like he is taking his chance with both hands.

-Craig

P.S. Peter, as for kicking straight, yes it would have been a closer match, but from memory we had 13 points up to half time. So maybe if we had kicked straight it would have been all over red rover!

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:59 pm

Great win but the kicking for goal in the 1st half well,maybe it was that big hole aka ponnie stand,but even so gotta do some kicking practice.

btw, who r the vice captains this year?

I always thought it was Rocca,Lockyer and Molloy but on tv last night Eddie said the vice captains r Rocca,Lockyer and Clement. Then I was reading a article on the magpies telstra page regarding Molloy(as 1 does) and it says vice captain molloy(this is a 2003 article) now who's the vice captains???????.

CHEERS AND GO MAGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:35 pm

ED, missing your match report.

-Craig

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:51 am

Frawley should enjoy his last few weeks as an AFL coach.

Richmond has no game plan which i think is the most worrying aspect. Bowden and Tivendale dont know how to play defensive footy and are still nothing more than receivers.

Amazed to see Rodan playing the backline. Another piece of Danny Frawley magic......lmao lmao

Danny Frawley has surrounded himself with losers in the coaching department. Another very silly mistake.

A good effort by the pies as we have to dispose of the crapper teams in the competition. Lokan looks like being another Judkins special. It was a great story about how Lokan was drafted and he provides us with great run out of defence.

I hope all the people who bagged Williams will have second thoughts. WIlliams in my opinion will be the recruit of the year and similar to James Clement in terms of being a quiet achiever. Williams played a very good first up game Smile

It was also great to see Molloy back to his bustling best and kicking goals as well. Hopefully Tarrant and Pebbles will lift in the coming weeks and along with the return of Fraser form the most dangerous forward set up in the AFL.

jlc
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:54 am
Post subject: here it is craig,Reply with quote

Match Report from a far off loungechair.

Thanks to channel 9 the friday match reports will have to be late reports as my 2003 system is to listen live and then watch the tape in the morning.
Im too old to be sitting up at midnight watching footy,and i cant see why i should have to.
Im really quite happy with this new tv coverage, on saturday and sunday its fine,but friday nights give me the shits still.

Anyway enough grizzling
As soon as i turned the tape on the amount of RESPECT being shown by everyone was evident,Aretha franklins song was beaming at me in my mind.
Umpires shaking hands with everyone,there was enough respect to make greg miller choke!!

Although there was respect It sure wasnt pretty.
We started ok with Taz getting a free passed wide to Tarks and he handballed to cheesy who slammed the pies first real goal for 2003.
Strong work from wakes saw leon run into open goal and he mucked up the kick,Didak grabbed it and hit the post.
What followed was a whole qtr of wasted opportunities.
So many times players had set shots that fell short,you would think there was a wind tunnel behind the goals.
2 goals 8 at qtr time was not a good return for the amount of footy we had.
In the dying moments of the qtr mcgeough left foot over his head if you dont mind snagged a goal and then ran into open goal a minute later and missed,
got me buggered,we been wasteful for years nothings changed.
2nd qtr we start with about 5 minutes of hap hazard fwd entries for zero return and as usual the opposition go fwd and goal.
Williams then runs into goal and for some reason uses the left foot and it falls short,leon snaps another bloody point.
Richo is giving young walker the runaround but luckily he is as wasteful as we are.
It could have got ugly if he could kick.
We are just bombing at the goals and scoring points until somehow Didak mages to scramble thru a goal.
I really wouldnt like to be a fwd at collingwood at the moment,the delivery into the 50 is ridiculous.
after a respect filled laclustre scrappy half its 31-30
pies lead.

3rd term is a bit better.
taz marks and hits the post,tiges go fwd and score a point and from the kick in we get it to mckee who hands over the top to leon who kicks a sausage,but he has a look on his face that tells me MM has been up him at half time for lair rising.there was no finger wagging this time.
then Molly does the old shoe shuffle and gives off gets it back and bombs a long goal from 50.
Tigers score a point after Lokan is pinged for holding,geez the umps have just lost my respect,that was soft as butter.
Anyway from the kick in we just go straight to bucks who goals from 50.
Then Mckee is pinged under the prior oppotunity rule in the ruck and tigers are gifted a goal.
Mckee has ben real handy but im afraid this rule may be the end of him.
walker is doing a bit better on richo this qtr,he has stopped a few of his chances and has worked in tandem well with the other backs.
We spend some more time just bombing it around until molly roves a ruck and snaps truly.
seconds later obree gets a handball from bucks and its another sausage.
taz marks in the pocket but passes to no one and the tigers rush fwd with seconds to go.
Young walker stands tall and marks.
62-42
After some farting around Bucks cuts off a richmond sortie gives off to didak who has a run passes to ropp and he goals.
joffa now reckons its gold jacket time.
then the comedy routine of the night by 2 richmond comedians after being called to play on sees the nut in leons hands and he snaps truly,out comes the finger this time,he looks a bit happier now.
Woey bombs long to the square williams marks and goals,then from a kick in after a richmond point bucks gets it to lokan who has a run passes to woey and its a goal from 50.
didak finishes our scoring with a goal after a strong mark.
it was a scrappy finish to a scrappy game.
Thank goodness it was only richmond playing us.
with the amount of t/os we did tonight a better side may have buried us.

votes for the armchair medal.
3 buckley
2 woey
2 mckee
1 williams
1 mcgeough
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: