Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

That leaves 33 players on the list.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 1:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Ricky confirmed as gone? I thought he (& the club) were awaiting the outcome of his operation, which won't be known for at least another month.

Apparently it wasn't a knee-op, S-Girl, but to re-attach his hamstring, which he literally tore off the bone (the same thing that SOS just had an operation for). A lot more serious than anything the club ever let on.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 9:46 am

excuse me did i say Ricky had a knee op i don't think so i said some sort of op on his leg and i am no doctor but ya hammy is something to do with ya leg right. And of course every1 knew how serious Rickys injury was well i did NEway thats why some bloody impatient ppl should not have jumped in and bagged him so harshly Bfore they even knew the facts!

It was Bucks who was having something on his knee and ankle.

Good luck 2 Ricky anyway!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

skins 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 10:17 am

Who made it official that Jacotine and Oborne have gone ?

I know that their futures were being assessed, but I didn't know that a decision had been made.

I heard that Log Smith is training with the Weagles....good luck to him.

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 10:39 am

yeah about oborne, has anyone heard anything about him? i've heard so many different things but most of them have been rumours has anyone heard anything from somewhere reliable???
hope he stays he's a star!
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 10:50 am

yeah same Magpiera i just hope Ricky plays footy again who cares who he ends up with anyway cause i will barrack 4 whateva team he goes to!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 12:49 pm

collingwood really needs to look to recruit a little bit of experience, players that can pass on valuable knowledge to the younger inexperienced players. gehrig is a tall that is very multi functional, he can play as a tall forward (193cm) a tall defender and has good enough speed to play on the wing. the great peter moore has been tauted as returning to the club to mentor young rogan josh but i believe that rehn would also be a great role model for him if only for 2-3 years. to help josh get over the initial years. however if they continue to continue with the youth policy that probably will not occur. our recent trading history has not been good but this year with sav rocca and mal micheal we have the opportunity to change that. sav alone is worth at least one proven afl star player or two promising up and coming players. mal micheal seems to have had forgotten who perservered with him and nurtured and encouraged him when he was ready to return home to queensland and then gave him a fantastic opportunity to play afl football. reward his loyalty with a trade that will benefit us a tall strong defender (chb) add to this one of the most promising players in this years draft (no 3 pick we have) supposedly jason cloke with father son ruling and we are not looking to bad...
Charlie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 3:12 pm

Dear Magpiera,

I am glad you liked my post on Hotrods BB.

I don't mind if you wish spread mine or somebody else's posts. In fact its great to spread the info. And you did mention later in the thread that it came from the Bullet in Board.

However, I think it is also appropriate to credit the author.

Regards,
Charlie

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 9:55 am

well i would be thinking that watson will soon be departing vic park.
maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 1:28 pm

if he his a mature age plyer and he is struggling to get a game, which he is, trade him or release him.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 7:14 am

It appears that Watson will be around next year. I do not know what is going on in MM's mind. He gave Watson games during the middle/early part of the season, but after that he was consigned to the two's.

The only thing that I can think that is saving him, is that he is a senior player who is skillful enough to fit into MM's plans (I guess). Maybe MM wants him as a backup, in case of injuries, or hopes that he will adapt well to MM's game plan.

But then again I think I do not have a clue. As far as I can tell he has been gone since the first Essendon game (just after his 4 goals in the North game) but I do not understand why there has been no word. Maybe he is trade bait.
maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 5:43 pm

trade bait for a very low draft pick or another brad smith unfortunately, but as a dark horse he may end up in brisbane under his original coach leigh mathews... the guy who coached him into the vic state team... ????????
peps_12 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2000 5:55 pm

Patterson - thank god he is gone, about time.
Olarenshaw - piss off. Waste of a trade. To think Essendon got Ramanauskas with that draft pick
Brown/Crosisca - Two champions, great careers, wish Browny had gone for another year
Hawking - injuries screwed him, he was worth a try
Smith - When will Collingwood learn that ex-Richmond talls are a waste of space? We've had nothing since Cloke.
Rocca - Was good - once. Good luck elsewhere.
Jacotine - youngster didnt develop. Not good enough.
Oborne - Oborne?? Gone?? Why?? Are we sure?

Watson - Please get rid of him.
Micheal - what is this talk of Mal leaving? Please tell me this is merely an opinion.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2000 6:26 pm

well i think seeing as OUR season finished over a month ago, michael has had more than enough time to sign a contract, trading time is coming up and i dont think collingwood will be keeping him, he wants a 3 year deal and probably a heap of money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: