Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match v Bankruptcy Boys...In Here thanx

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:19 pm
Post subject: Post Match v Bankruptcy Boys...In Here thanxReply with quote

Well, my head is pounding....what you think of the win????
Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A lucky escape. We took the game way to lightly. MM seemed to be out coached, though he may have changed the plan and the players did not implement it.
Good to see O'Bree and Molloy continue the hard road back to what we know they are capable of. Woey disappointed tonight.
Tazza, continues to lack confidence when kicking for goal, but a return of 11 marks, 19 kicks shows that the goals will come eventually.
How good is Williams? Looks like MM knew more about him than anyone else at the Wet Toast!
Again, McKee stood up, though the loss of McKernon helped his cause. The stats actually show that we won the ruck on the night, now that's amazing!
My main concern, looking forward, is our inability to gain percentage from games that we should. At the end of round 22 percentage will determine if we are top 4 or just also rans in the 8.
Next week, it's the pussy cats and we will need to improve signifigantly to win this one.

-Craig

Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:52 pm
Post subject: match reportReply with quote

well i have just suffered through the most one sided useless commentary the ABC have ever offered up.
we had tim lane,david parkin barracking like mad and drew morphine was just being drew.
i will no t be able to supply my match report until late saturday at the earliest.
i have to work at 6am saturday morn and i just cant sit up until midnight watching footy.
channel eddie think i should but they can get stuffed.
it seems that frasier and burkes back yard are much more important than the footy that they paid 99 squillion for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why did they bother,i wish they would just fiuclk right off from friday footy and leave it to fox who will show it live if allowed to.

tapes in to tape fox at midnight and i will watch it at sometime tomorrow afternoon and do the report.

you know im really pissed off
i gave away a career as a train driver because i wanted to watch more collingwood games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what has happened is bloody channel eddie get friday footy and Im worse
off than i was when i worked for railways.

and i pay a grand a year now when i used to pay nothing and still cant watch friday footy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** you channell eddie,i will never agian watch a 9 show.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:57 pm

HEAR, HEAR! Ed.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Dr. Rock 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:53 am
Post subject: What gameReply with quote

What a game go pies

Last edited by Dr. Rock on Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:02 am

I think too many Collingwood supporters expected a walk in the park. Rattens 250th and the berating the experienced players received in the media was always going to ensure a fired up Carlton. Kouta played his best game in 2 years and Fevola played well.

This is the type of game we would have lost last year!!!!!!!!

One more thing....where are all the people who were bagging Shane Obree and saying he should be dropped or traded ???

Start eating humble pie. Shane Obree is back in town Smile

And where are all the people who were doubting Willlllllllllooooooooooooo. Williams is playing great footballl and is a very very good mark Smile

jlc

Last edited by JLC on Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:21 am
Post subject: Re: What gameReply with quote

mamamia wrote:
I was there but saw very little.I joined the cheer squad hoping to be part oof it all but instead was stuck up the bowels of the northern stand behind some concrete supports.I will watch the replay to see what happened.

Thanks cheer squad organisers- NOT

Nothing to do with cheersquad organisers as tonights seating in cheersquad was chaotic, i understand where you are comming from and im sorry for all those who missed out, we even had the police down in the cheersquad trying to figure out seating arrangements when seat allocation passes are sent in the mail to all cheersquad members this will not happen again
Once again we are very sorry for any inconveniance can you please email myself joffacorfe@hotmail.com and if the same situation arises next week you will be given priority seating
cheers
the collingwood cheersquad

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
PieClive Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:40 am

Ed, I listened to the ABC even though it was on Fox at 8.30 in Canberra.

The most biased anti-Collingwood/pro-Carlscum commentary you could get. Even PigsArse would be more balanced!

Don't anyone talk to me about El Presidente and farkin' conflicts!

Well, overall we played shite. A great return to form for Taz. But, we still bashed the the scum
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:12 am

Everyone please forgive me for tipping us to beat em silly by 142 points. We all thought it would be a walk in the park but when we think like that starnge things happen. We need a lot of improving and maybe the reason for this close encounter is that over the years no matter how either clubs are going anything can happen with Collingwood and Carlscum.
But all in all were still winners and next week we will hopefully play better and kill them pussies.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:01 am

Pagan's tactics were straight out of the VFA from whence he began his coaching career. Get the ball, kick it long down the middle, 16 a side footy, no wingmen. In my opinion, the biggest reason why Carlton didn't keep up with us in the second half was that Lappin was finally shut down. In that first half, he was the go to man in the middle, and he didn't muck around with it, probably for the fisrt time in his life.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:25 pm

Hey guys! I was absolutely freezing at that match last nite but i still made lots of noise! Go Jarrod wat a star! yay i met all these players at the start of the game and out of all of them Jarrod was the one to stay and have a chat with us! He signed my Jarrod Bear too!
Poor Woey didnt have too good of a night. And Bucks didnt have a good one either! But they'll be back better then ever next week!!!

Williams played excellent! And in the last quarter i reckon Clement did a good job punching the ball away from Fevola and stuff!

Cheese (o'bree) played excellent too!!!

Yay i had a great nite and winners circle rocked!!!!! Gooooooo Jarrod!! U totally rocked!!!!! Very Happy

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
15 in 42 days!

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:36 pm

I thought it was generally a better quality match than last weeks, and I don't think we underestimated Carlton, it's just that they were no doubt fired up after their efforts last week and we still don't seem to be back on track yet. We're making far too many unforced errors, having second-grabs on the ball instead of taking it cleanly and we're still struggling to get the ball out of the clinches. I'm sure the guys are working hard out there but at times it looks likey they aren't running hard enough to give the player with the ball an option to kick to.

Our class still stands out at times but we need to put together four solid quarters. Our best play can kill any team (which is why we may appear over-confident at times because we know what we're capable of) but unfortunately our best football is a ways off yet. I think the players just need to keep working hard - they know what they should be doing individually and as a team and from the way they sung the song after the match, they weren't happy with the way they played the game. We've already improved from last week and as long as we keep improving we'll be back to the form that saw us push the league leaders in the big one last year.

It was certainly great seeing Tazz running hard, presenting himself and taking some great grabs. His kicking boot wasn't quite on straight and he was pretty p'd off that he missed his chances but still a fantastic game. If he can play like this consistently he'll be a nightmare for full-backs to match up on. Williams is still showing the form that MM obviously new about - if he keeps playing like this he'll give the Copeland a push! O'Bree worked hard and Molly got plenty of the ball and used his strength to perfection.

McKee always works hard in the ruck and around the ground and although some more tap-outs would be nice, I think the players around the stoppages need to work harder to help him out. Clement had a great game as you don't usually see backman hit the 20's with possessions. Bucks got plenty of the ball and it's probably judging him harshly (we all tend to set his bar slightly higher for some reason!) but he did have an unusual amount of unforced errors in his game. But without a doubt the great things he does with the ball makes up for the odd mistake and we know we're not going to see too many unforced errors from the great man in a season!

Other players came in and out of the game. Leon & Dids kicked good goals without being match-winners, Johno and Lonie also ran hard, and Rocca put in a solid effort after looking a bit 'off' last week. Lokan wasn't as damaging as usual and Lica still needs a few more games under his belt. Rupe, Ryhce and Tex didn't get much game time and Goughy struggled a bit having to play further back. Wakes, Tarks & Woey didn't have the greatest of games. Shame Clokey went off as he was already showing us why we missed him last week (and back in Sept!).

2 - Tarrant
1 - Clement
1 - Williams
1 - O'Bree
1 - Buckley
1 - Molloy

GO PIES!
Marg

Last edited by MargOZ on Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
hotpies 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:01 pm

i reckon we are going to have to lift our game quite a bit if we want to be sides like Brisbane and Port in the near future.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:54 pm

The game was too close for comfort,the biys expected an easy game and got a run for their money and as Ed says the commentary on ABC was so one sides its amazing that the commentators didnt fall off the end of the bench.
I had no intentions of staying up til 11:30pm to watch the replay,once again I agree with ED that its about time that the AFL and Ch9 got together and gave us the replay abit earlier.We are getting the Swans live on Ch10 tonight,so why cant Ch9 get their act together and show a replay of the Friday night game STRAIGHTAFTER the NRL that is SOOOO boring,its not funny.
I watched Ch7 last night and then Fox ch 8 as there was nothing else on,but listened to the ABC as Ch9 was again TTTTTTOOOOOOOlate.
Actually the scores were protrayed on Fox News as well,so Ch9 missed out altogether.
Hey Ed why dont you and I and all the other interstaters EMAIL AFL HQ and lodge a comp[laint about the LACK of TV coverage on CH9 on Friday nights.Its time that they took a leaf out of Ch10's book.

BigMac 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:03 pm
Post subject: Give credit where credit is dueReply with quote

I don't think a lot of you are giving Carlton any credit whatsoever.

To think we were going to have a "walk in the park" is what I'm afraid of the most - many of our supporters are getting way ahead of themselves. 22 games make a season, and if you win enough of them, then it all starts again in September. Plenty of time to hit our straps.

Yes, we played poorly in patches, but I think we also played some pretty good footy through the third quarter which effectively won us the match. This was a game we would once have lost, but the guys toughed it out and class won on the night.

We also have four players from the Grand Final out - Freeborn, Burns, Fraser and Presti - all walk up starts when fit.

Give the filth some credit for performing the way they should. They've got a number of very good players through the middle and up forward, who have always caused us problems, and last night was no different.

A game we needed to win, did win, and it'll leave us in good stead for the next match.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: