Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match v Bankruptcy Boys...In Here thanx

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit where credits due. Carlton played a good brand of gutsy, committed footy last nite and i think surprised alot of us. Whilst theyre not a top side, theyre not easy beats either and it took alot of character for the pies, who were obviously rattled, to keep chipping away and eventually owerpower the Blues. Maybe complacency was an issue of maybe Carlton juist played very well. I dont know. But a win is a win and to not play the best football youre capable of and still win is a sign of a very good team. These are the games that top 4 sides must win, and this was no doubt a game we wouldve lost in the past, so it is a credit to the boys to get the 4 points!

Special mentions to Chrissy Tarrant who was awesome. Sure the conversion rate was down but he was gutsy, determined and definatly one of our best players. 11 marks and 22 possies, its what weve all been waiting for and it was superb to see. Well done Tazza! Very Happy

Cheesy Obree had another good game, looks like hes back in town and Andrew Williams was brilliant. Maybe the recruit of the year.

Weve still god some improving to do but any win against Carlton is a gr8 night of football. 2 wins from 2 games. Well done boys. Keep on winning! Very Happy

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:22 pm
Post subject: carlscumReply with quote

Cool
I wouldn't think the filth could get too much credit for a close game, as the PIES had 1 or 2 fair players out of thier best side, such as Fraser, Presti, Freebourne,Burns, Clokey injured early and Licca coming into form as the game wore on. I reckon with our best side on the ground,142 points is easily in our sights.

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:33 pm

we won!!!!!!!!! Wasnt the best performance ever but we still won.

Molly was great,did u see who tapped the ball to a running Didak to kick a goal? MOLLOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He does things that don;t usually get the recognition.

I agree with the ABC commentating!!!!. Talk about bias!!!!!!!. Cr****ing on and on about Carlton. Made me sick!!!!!!!!!!.

Wasn;t the best game the maggies have produced,but when they were in trouble they did what a good team does,manage a way to win the game.

It's only round 2 but against the top teams and even the lower sides,we have to do better.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:07 pm

Nice match summary MissM....

The Blues midfielders responded very well to media pressure this week. We had too much for them to conquer despite having some big names out.

I drew a lot of positives from this game to be honest...

Taz played his best game for me, in a long time... He led hard, applied forward line pressure, gave second efforts.

Rocca looks to be growing in strength each week.

Lonie is starting to run off the backline again, and looks to be developing into a solid defender.

Williams looks like a big recruit who is flexible in alot of positions.

Molloy is matching his physical efforts with good finishing skills.

Buckley looks stronger and is covering more ground. He is finding the ball far easier at this point.

Lica looks 1 week better already. Not going backwards.

Leon Davis is working much harder defensively, whilst still kicking goals.

Didak looks threatening even when not kicking goals.

Shaw was not a ball magnet last night, but he once again did his job and ran hard out of defense setting up play. I think MM has found the perfect position for him at this point in time.

Clement is a true asset. I still cant believe we got him so easily. Enough said.

---

People who have dissapointed me thus far

McGough
Wakelin

Wakelin is good in that he takes risks out of the backline, but his ability to stop a man is not his strong point. He will be exposed without Presti in the side.

McGough is skating on thin ice to be honest. His natural ability lets him down and he is now playing in a position where his hands and shoveling skills do not get a very good work out. Could be one of the first to go with inclusions of next week.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:58 am

Leon Davis has always been good defensively IMO when it comes to chasing and tackling. Leon Davis practices the skill a great deal when he chases Kangaroos.

jlc
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:58 am

tessa403 wrote:
JLC wrote:
Leon Davis has always been good defensively IMO when it comes to chasing and tackling. Leon Davis practices the skill a great deal when he chases Kangaroos.
jlc

WTF(what the Frog) are you saying JLC?

You have a comprehension problem ??

I thought it was pretty clear what i was saying. They interviewed Leon Davis on Fox Footy last year and he mentioned thats how he improves his tackling skills by chasing Kangaroos.

I thought it was a pretty simple concept really.

jlc
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:22 am

JLC wrote:
tessa403 wrote:
JLC wrote:
jlc

I thought it was pretty clear what i was saying. They interviewed Leon Davis on Fox Footy last year and he mentioned thats how he improves his tackling skills by chasing Kangaroos.

I remember that interview it was marvellous, and the bit about chasing kangaroos was excellent good on you leon, the koori people have a wonderful sense of humour and can have a joke about themselves very easily..i have many koori friends as you all know and friday i caught up with a couple and one of them is a real character here is the joke he told me and its a pisser

What did jesus tell the koori's before his ressurection ?

Dont do anything till i get back Smile

hahahahahahahahahahaha they are great people with a great sense of humour

OK now back to the footy Wink

jlc

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
BigMac 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:30 am
Post subject: Harsh on Wakelin and McGoughReply with quote

Lethal Burns wrote:

Quote:
Wakelin is good in that he takes risks out of the backline, but his ability to stop a man is not his strong point. He will be exposed without Presti in the side.

McGough is skating on thin ice to be honest. His natural ability lets him down and he is now playing in a position where his hands and shoveling skills do not get a very good work out. Could be one of the first to go with inclusions of next week.

I think you are being a tad harsh there Lethal.

Wakelin did the job on Carlton's best forward, McKernan, then went onto their second best in Whitnall and won that battle without question. Fatboy was moved to CHB in the last quarter to get a kick.

As for McGough, not only was he played out of position on someone (Hickmott) who has centimetres on him, but he took over from Lokan who had had three goals kicked against him. McGough did well enough for mine when you consider Hickmott and Fevola were Carlton's only two major goalkickers and McGough has never (rarely) played back. Didn't Clement have five kicked against him?
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:43 am

Here it is for all the politically correct people out there who love jumping at shadows:

http://www.vibe.com.au/sportsprof.asp?id=24

Leapin' Leon Loves Summer

AT only 19 years of age, Leon Davis can be assured a big future. The speedster made a big impact on the AFL season in 2000, carving up the opposition with his great running plays and ability to score plenty of goals.

Leon also known as 'Magic', has had a big three-month break from football over the summer and is enjoying the relaxation time.

Leon grew up in Northam, Western Australia where he spent many a hot summer day swimming at the local beach and dribbling on the basketball court. In fact, we hear he has a real talent in this regard.

"Basketball is the main activity I enjoy doing over summer. I would often travel to Perth to play in local competitions. I also love to hang out with old school friends and head to the beach for some wakeboarding."

Another popular activity in Northam is hunting.

"I was taught how to hunt at an early age by members of my family, and it's something that I look forward to doing when I head back to Northam. There are many different animals er hunt for bu kangaroos are the main ones.

Sounds exciting! So what else does the young superstar do over summer to escape from the pressures of professional football?

"Spending the hot summer days in Melbourne at the beach is my favourite way to relax. I recently holidayed in Albany, WA with my girlfriend and did some amazing sightseeing. But it's not all fun and games. I still have to train hard and stay fit."
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:12 pm

JLC wrote:

jlc

A new nickname for Leon...........ROCKY!! as in Rocky Balboa chasing chickens to get fit!!!!!!
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:28 pm

joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:
JLC wrote:
tessa403 wrote:
JLC wrote:
jlc

I remember that interview it was marvellous, and the bit about chasing kangaroos was excellent good on you leon, the koori people have a wonderful sense of humour and can have a joke about themselves very easily..i have many koori friends as you all know and friday i caught up with a couple and one of them is a real character here is the joke he told me and its a pisser

What did jesus tell the koori's before his crucifixion ?

Dont do anything till i get back Smile

hahahahahahahahahahaha they are great people with a great sense of humour

OK now back to the footy Wink

jlc

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:19 pm

As for the match, I didn't think we played that badly, myself - Carlton were very tight and tough in close. Our skills were quite ordinary around the midfield (Williams must improve his kicking around the midfield), but our conversion rate once we got it inside 50 was quite amazing. I am a bit worried of our crumbers up forward. I say this every week - where are our small forwards front and centre? Whenever we deliver the ball past the centre, it is always to a one-on-one contest - once the ball hits the turf, we have no one at ground level. Leon should be F&C instead of flying for marks.

If we had have kicked straight, we would have, in all honestly, posted a 40+ victory. I mean Fevola and Hickmont kick 10.1 between them. After half time we were very good. The ball was inside our half of the ground nearly the entire quarter - we just couldn't capitalise on the scoreboard. How many times are we going to see Buckley hit the behind post from a set shot 40m out? However, if Camporeale had have kicked that running goal that would have put them just 5 points behind, I would have absolutely solied my under-pantaloons! A lucky Tarrant free kick and goal saved my heart, that's for sure.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:50 am

A win is a win, but I take nothing out of the game except good teams can play lousy and still win.

We better lift because if we play like that against the pussies we will be on the 2 wins 1 loss.
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:22 am

Take the points and run.....GO PIES

TERRY
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:21 am

I always knew we'd win it, and we did just enough. Carlton were ok I guess, but how often would Hickmott kick 5 goals in a match? Not very often, so their forward line is still a major concern I would say.

Positives to be taken out of this game - we are still missing a lot of players, especially backline; a lot of silly disposal errors were made which we don't normally make, yet we still won; we have now won 2 games which at around this stage last year, we hadn't (we lost our first games to both Richmond and Carlton last year); and the form of Williams and Molloy is great!

My votes:

3. Chris Tarrant
2. Andrew Williams
1. Nathan Buckley

With honourable mention to Jarrod Molloy - I thought he had a fantastic game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: