Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Armchair weekly..pies v bloos match report

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:10 pm
Post subject: Armchair weekly..pies v bloos match reportReply with quote

Well i have now heard it and seen it.
radio is word pictures they say,well the pictures timmy and parky were giving me were not quite right on ABC radio.
Never may it be said again that eddies calls are biassed,after listening to the bloos brigade on ABC nothing could ever be as bad as that.

Anyway one thing was the same
Carlton were given a one goal head start.
On radio and again on the tape, before i had settled down carlscum were a goal and the umpy was bouncing it in the guts.
fair enough i suppose ,they were the spooners!
So we even it up when Daks passes over the top with a nice shepherd from taz and williams slots thru the even upperer.
Must say that taz looks like he spent the week in pentridge,that haircut looks familiar.
We hit the front when taz passes to Ant and he goals.
10 minutes of not very much transpires,its all tackles and turnovers,bloos are having a dip,after pagan has had them belting each other all week it was to be expected.
Taz marks and kick is a shocker,but bucks marks from the kick in and goals.
Rocca goes into the ruck and we win our first tap for the day,but hickmont outplays lokan twice in a row and they get 2 goals.
Bucks stands up and chests fevola,i think he asked who his barber was,so he wouldnt go there!
Taz is having a go,marks but the shot falls short,leon roves and goals.
This is followed by Ant tapping to obree who kicks to leon who marks,pases to taz and he kicks a shocker.
I watch the tape many times and im sure he doesnt watch the ball onto his boot,his eyes are going everywhere when he kicks.easy fixed,doctor cummings will fix that this wee
qtr ends with lonie tackling mckernan goodnight nurse.and then bucks $Ł$%^%%$ up 2 shots at goal in the last minute.
this ball is flat just like the one in the wizzy final.
its a bloody conspiracy,call the cops!!!
34-25 we lead
second qtr is an old fashioned shootout.
trouble is its the bloos shooting early.
until umpire no 21 decides its time to solve tazlotto and he gifts taz a goal for what im not sure,if he got that in the GF with 10 to go we would have been premiers.
i search quickly thru the tazlotto picks and look for umpy 21,its bloody foxy!!!!
we should get the bookies to rule a line i think!!!
this 2nd qtr is not very pretty,its a shootout,turnoverathon and fumbleathon.
Then the funny of the night after a blloos point the goal scump couldnt find the central whistler to give all clear.
i knew they were blind!!!
just before the siren ant had a shot from 90 and it went OOf of course.
why does he let the crowd con him into stupidity?
53-55
3rd term starts with bloos scoring 8 points before we get going.
Ant marks 130 out and the crowd covince him to have a shot,it falls short and molly marks it,he has a shot and it falls short and williams marks it and goals!!
much more messing around and some more wasted shots see the kick in from woey after a bloo point hit bucks on the tit,who in turn hits taz on the tit who in turn hits ant on the same said organ and he goals!
we then miss 4 shots in a row that should have sealed the bloo coffin and if it wasnt for 2 quick goals to molly we may well have been level still.
82-64
heres the ending and ita happy one thankfully.
since mckernan went off Mckee has taken over in the ruck,i even saw him left handed tap the bounce straight into a running obrees hands a few times.
i know that in WA they can alter the vision digitally to show anything they want,but it looked good to me.
But i got to thinking,why didnt wet toast digitally enhance it when matera whacked tarks with his elbow?
im getting side tracked sorry.
anyway its still a shootout the good guys won for a change and im glad its over.
so too is woey,i think every possession he got was a T/O.
i think MM made a few bloos with the matchups.
lokan was a bad match for his man,i prefer woey as an attacker not a stopper,
lika is getting back in business,we missed clokey when he went off.
burnsy comes in next week,and josh too hopefully.
It may be time to give cole another try and rest walker ,we have freeza to come as well.
its hard on some that will miss out but its good to have the depth to do it.
Anyway the main thing is we beat the scum again!!!!!

my votes for the armchair medal
2.mckee
2.Obree
2 clement
1 williams
1 tarrant
1 molloy
1 buckley(as captain he must insist on a pumped up footy in future0
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review, as always Ed.....perhaps we can chip in and send a pump to bucks for use on match days!
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:55 pm

Mate..that observation about Materas elbow.......fantastic.
You want to E-mail that one to the AFL!
As usual, a completely biased review. Loved it.

-Craig

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:47 pm

i have unending respect for anyone who managed to listen to that call on abc radio. drew at is usual useless self where he simply names the player who has the footy with no mention of the actual play. ie, lockyer...obree...tarrant....(long pause)... it was a good goal wasnt it tim?
agree with ed on the bias - unbelievable for abc. they were getting so excited and heaping so much praise on fevola and carlton in general they must have been grateful for half time so they could change their daks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: