Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fraser Gherig - Certainty!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 5:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ren i agree!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 5:26 am

oh yeah and lica can play in the back line like he usually does so then we can have the left footers in different parts of the ground and anyway there is probably another 13 or so players 0n the ground (for the pies) who are right footed so it wouldnt be too bad. mike b what do u think about ben johnson? i think he was a good pick up, left footed and all.

[This message has been edited by CQ (edited 19 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by CQ (edited 19 August 2000).]
rhain 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 5:31 am

I've heard we will be trading him 4 2 draft picks whether this is true or not I am not sure but all I know if it is 4 2 draft picks well take the opportunity. NOt many players turn out as good as him.
GO PIES!!!!!!!!

nikki 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 6:48 am

personally i think getting gherig fro 2 drafts pics is a GREAT thing... I mean we already have enough young players to sustain or future we need some experience around the club and some big guys (now we havnt got the mighty sav sniff) SO swapping him for 2 drafts would be a fantastic thing... That means we wouldnt have to give up any of our players which is a great thing.. and hopefully dont have to give willow!!!

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES!!!
SAV AND ANTHONY RULE THIS WORLD!!!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 11:42 am

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned this yet, but in today's Age there was speculation about the possibility of a 4-way swap as follows:

Rubber-Leg Rehn to Hawthorn
Chick to the Weagles
Gehrig to good old Collingwood
Mal Michael and Sav Rocca to the Camry Canaries.

I nearly choked on my muesli.
OK, I know it's just the blow-job fantasy of some journo. They have said "the Magpies are believed to be prepared to offload the out-of-contract Michael".

Mein Gott!!!!

Please tell me this isn't true. If the above 4-way trade actually happens the only winners will be West Coast and Adelaide. Collingwood will giving up one of its finest young players (PLUS one other player). Gehrig would be handy perhaps, but not at that cost. Forget it. Why not keep the good players you've already got instead of all this bullshit trading? If we go this way we're gonna get ripped off ... again!!!

Also, I think Hawthorn needs to have its collective head read if it's prepared to give up Chick in return for a crock like Rehn.

Come to think of it, if Hawthorn is really that stupid, maybe we could do a deal directly with them. How about Sav Rocca, McKee, Smith (and a set of steak knives) for Daniel Chick.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 2:16 pm

lol! blow-job fantasy of some journo. Fu@k me dead Alf where on earth did u pull that from hehe - sounds stupider than the nonsense i come up with. Agree with ya on that last bit, why can't we get Chicky!

Stupid trading time is shitting me. All these dumb rumours can't they just say who is going where and get it over with i wanna know whats happening next year!!!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 5:07 pm

Dammit, should be out tonight! Anyway on this topic, I don't want to lose Mal! And good joke Alf.
mike b 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2000 2:04 pm

CQ.. Ben Johnson will be good, so will Tarrant. Licuria is a solid player now. Crosisca was close to a champion. I just think that a park full of lefties loses a team its flexibilty because they always seem to have to turn onto that leg..it makes them predictable. Having sais all that, if we lose Mal Michael for Gehrig, the recruiters would need their heads read - left, right or no feet.
ash 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 3:34 am

Please do not say Crosisca was close to a champion. That really gives me the shits.
HE IS A CHAMPION!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 4:22 am

The best Rugby League players are getting $800,000 a year and, comparatively, only about two men and a dog turn up to some of there games. And it is only played in two states (albeit one being NSW) and has to share those two states with Rugby Union.

My point is that the clubs are getting ripped off left, right and centre by channel 7. Their is an enormous amount of money being made out of this game. The players are entitled to increase their share of the pie. The clubs do not have to suffer. Nor does the game. Corporations (Channel 7, CUB, Spotless etc) making millions of dollars out football, they are the ones whose pies have to get smaller.

Greater rewards for the players will ensure better athletes are attracted. It might even get the game going internationally.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 5:25 am

Steak knifes, tee hee, good one Alf.

As for assurances from Balme, maybe we should take the time to remember who told Clinton King (and us) that he would not be traded?
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 10:43 am

greg j you have got me started on the king deal again, do you know that WE knew before he did cos i knew that he was being traded for a fact at about 11:00am and kingy only found out at 2pm, that is ridiculous. what collingwood need is a proper rover which we currently dont have.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 10:52 am

Do any teams really have one "proper" rover any more?
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 3:19 pm

well we need 'some' rovers who are better than the ones we currently have.
rhain 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 8:31 am

Yes Eddie spoke out about this brilliant rumour after the Carlton Essendon game last week. A guy rang up and said "Eddie what is happening with Gehrig?" and Eddie basically replied "Well mate we will see him wearing Black and White in February.
GO PIES!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: