Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Rnd 3 PIES v PUSSIES All comments here please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:38 am
Post subject: Pre-Match: Rnd 3 PIES v PUSSIES All comments here pleaseReply with quote

First question - Who's out to allow SSB back in? Is it time for Smeagol to have a run at Willy?

Walker out for Presti if fit. Lokan or Shaw for Rogan? Neither has done much wrong, and if Clokey's ankle doesn't come up, it may make selection easier.
Woody Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Another milestone for Mick this weekend, he will coach his 450th game against Geelong. Let's cheer like buggery and get the boys across the line for a great coach.

Code:
Season    P   W   L   D  Win%   F  Pos
---------------------------------------
1984-89  135  67  66  2  49.6   3  7.6
1990-99  243 156  85  2  64.2  25  4.1
2000-     71  35  38  0  49.3   3  8.6

TOTAL    449 258 187  4  57.5  31  6.8

F - finals played
Pos - Avg ladder position

Best of luck coach!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:23 pm

Toughest game of the year so far and the biggest test for our ruck division. Steven King is a quality player.

Cameron Mooney is likely to be back to bolster their forward line.

Geelong are low on confidence so if we could get off to a good start and dent that confidence even further that would be great.

As Molloy stated last night the Pies have been winning but will only getter better Smile Hopefully further improvement can be seen this week.

Cameron Ling and the Buckley duel should be a ripper Wink

Pies by about 27 points

jlc

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:25 pm

Crucial game, the kind that top 4 sides win. I think it gives us a mental edge knowing we can beat them, after beating them in Wiz cup, even though they are our bogey side. We havent played to our potential the last 2 weeks and yet we still won which is the sign of a quality team so hopefulyl we can keep improving this week. I think we will definatly need to imorove from last week to beat the cats but i beleive we will. Should be a close game though but one i think we will safely control.

Our ruck division does need to put in a solid performace cos its been stated that we have been killed here in the past. Too much forward line power for Geelong to handle i beleive. I think were better all over the ground by a mile, apart from the ruck so hopefully this isnt a problem.

Should be a good solid win. Needs to be. Pies by about 4 goals.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:47 pm
Post subject: Danger Game !Reply with quote

Laughing

Danger game, my arse !

If Geelong beat Collingwood this week, I promise to ... er ... I promise to .... Embarassed

... er, just forget it, huh?
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:55 pm

Hey Dr.Alf....I shall stick my neck out,if the pussy cats beat the PIES I shall hop around the MCG on my crook leg on GF day.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:19 pm

Our toughest game yet we will have the champion Scotty Burns back in and we are due to play good we are very good just not playing our best yet hopefully it can happen this week!
We will beat em by 18 point
COME ON PIES KILL THE PUSSIES!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Peppermint Pattie Aquarius

Like a bat out of hell...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:24 pm

We have to put on a MUCH better performance that last time... Shocked
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:48 pm

I don;t want to bag the mighty magpies but when u have a chance to kick a goal,KICK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Ok,so it was windy etc at the MCG but please kick the goals u get the chance to.

DO NOT LET THE CATS INTO THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:56 pm

Weve had 2 weeks to suss out the wind situation with no ponny. Should be no reason this week why our goal kickign conversion wont be spot on. Cmon Pieboys!!!!!!!!!!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:16 pm

Require a general lift from all players to get across the line this week.
Scotty back will be a great benefit. He has the happy knack of bringing others into the play.
The Pussies have their backs to the walls, we must make less mistakes and better decisions this week to post a win.
Interesting, today in the H/S we are ranked 16th on inside 50 penetrations. This is an area for improvement as we certainly have our share of the footy.
Having said all that, it seems the Cats are not the up and coming team that the experts thought they were. Add a couple of recent injuries, and this games in the bag.

-Craig

Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:49 pm

Tough game but if we are to be considered a top 4 or even top 2 team then this is a must win for us.
With the midfield hard nut in S.Burns back and the more than likely return of Presti and Josh will bolster our line up, Presti, Josh and Clokey all trained strongly today at the 'G'.
The pussies have their injury worries with Harley and Rooke almost certainly not playing and Mooney only a 50% chance of playing, he didn't complete the whole training session today.
BigMac 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:02 pm
Post subject: Confidence is a wonderful thingReply with quote

Back to a day game thank God!

I think you'll find scoring may be a little easier to the Ponny end - even moreso if we get a clear, sunny day. After a couple of matches to get used to it, it should no longer be considered a hurdle.

Believe it or not, we played better against Carlton than we did against Richmond (all credit to the Blues for a good, tough game), and I see no reason why we won't be going from strength to strength with a win over Geelong.

Major names are likely to come back into the team - Presti, Fraser and Burns, while Cloke should be over his injury. Licca will be closer to full fitness after a solid hitout last week (his improvement as the game went on was astonishing) and our forwards should be full of confidence.

The burning question is who gets dropped? Walker no doubt if Presti is back in, while Lokan may make way for Burns. Shaw unlucky to go back to Willi if Fraser is named also (will be used off the bench when/if Rocca needs to ruck).

Interesting to note our last two Premiership season losses to Geelong came mid year and during our well publicised "mid-season slumps". The 2001 loss at the then Colonial Stadium may have actually started one if I recall.

But it's a different time of year, different side and confidence is a wonderful thing - particularly if you are messers A. Rocca, C. Tarrant and J. Molloy.

Pies by a handful, and a big match against Brisbane looming.
BigMac 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:03 pm
Post subject: LeonReply with quote

Forgot to mention Leon to continue along his merry way this week.

Last edited by BigMac on Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:11 pm

Hey big mac the weather forecast is 25 and sunny. With no wind around the game might be high scoring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: