Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

serious stuff

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 11:52 am
Post subject: serious stuffReply with quote

Forget all this rubbish about clubs needing the money from the sale of waverly ok.Its only another band aid, clubs will still want money in 2 years or 3 years time we have got to get serious here.The corporates have failed football and its kinda good football isnt a toy for the rich to play with.Wayne Jackson do the right thing and stand down you have failed every victorian football lover.Football should be run by football loving people if it was we would not be in this mess now.You had your chance several years ago to turn things around you didnt its that simple.Lets not cry for the AFL and there stupid bungle over waverly lets not be fooled about the way this secret society operates,It will bombard the media with stories about all clubs needing the money from the sale of waverly,it will even suggest that prices will increase,What this secret society will do is try and get you on there side. presently it is doomed and they know it.Did we ask for colonial were we given the chance as a consumer to vote on this temple for the rich answer is NO.So once again i will say to the AFL you made your bed go and sleep in it,As for us football loving supporters and lovers of the great collingwood football club this is what we must do,you must buy a membership ticket for next season dont just say you will or you will think about and then do nothing.Every one who says they love and support collingwood must be a member of collingwood.All clubs thanks to the AFL are in deep trouble it is up to us to make sure the collingwood football club will not be effected by the Afl park fiasco.Collingwood should be the record membership holder in victoria sadly it isnt.But you and i can change that by saying to the Collingwood football club i am putting my money where my mouth is, we will not let the stupid decision makers of the AFL threaten the existence of our great club.So this is what i propose if you decide to become a member for next year pledge your support here and as a group we will march to collingwood at some time before next season and proudly purchase our memberships.TALK IS CHEAP MEMBERSHIP IS SURVIVAL

maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 3:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i amwith you lets get a roll on we are the best club lets get the cause going. i am in. we want to be no.1...
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 4:38 pm

well im in, its not only survival but if collingwood make the finals and i dont have a membership i would die right then and there, no i simply couldnt handle this.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 6:14 am

Dont worry CQ i know how to get into the granny easy but still if the Pies r in we gotta sleep out 4 ages to get a tik and to get the best seats in the place just in case. If we miss out we kill ourselves!!! I dunno if i can see the Pies in it for a while but it would be a dream come true.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 9:15 am

a dream come true alright!! i would be going on about it til, well til we win another one!
JBJ 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 1:32 pm

I've been a Collingwood Social Club member for too many years to remember.....there's no way I would stop now....I'll be with Collingwood until the day I die.....
JBJ 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 1:46 pm

Four "I"s in my prev. posting....starting to sound like that idiot Brereton..
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 3:40 am

Sounds like a good idea.

I hereby do so pledge to join Collingwood next year regardless of how badly we get burnt in player trading and / or the draft.

I am thinking of going for Social club membership next year. I want to be entrenched when they redevelop the Northern Stand.

Maybe we can all turn up for the first Ansett cup game and join enmasse. Have a gathering outside the ground? We have the whole summer to work on this, so I will continue to drum up support and keep you informed.

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 9:42 am

Amen Joffa- send a copy of that to Mike Shithead....

im with ya buddy- the AFL can try all it wants, but they wont alienate us pies supporters.....
nikki 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 10:19 am

I will always be a member of the greatest club on earth in COLLINGWOOD!!!!!!

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
SAV & ANTHONY LEGENDS FOREVER!!!
GO ROGAN, JOSH YOUR MY HERO..

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 1:38 pm

these days at Collingwood and a fair few other clubs u get nothing being a member except the privellage to say that u r one!
It is good not having to pay at the gate all the time but.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 2:36 pm

too true spidergirl, too true

ive heard some discussion saying that since its all computerized, why cant the club look up who went to the most games and give them a 10% discount for next season or some bonus.
I think this would be a bloody good reason to go to games and renew membership dont you think????
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 2:42 pm

of course! Then that can decide who is loyal and who can go to finals!

And they should send us more shit like Melbourne does. i got heaps of kewl stuff from them. Season guides, year books, way more club mags, letters, info on whats happenin round the place etc etc. Can't remember the last time i got stuff from Collingwood. That free hat was a kewl idea but at least we got that! Why cant they send us cards from our fave players or something why do only the little Buckley members get these?

Speaking of stuff from clubs i just got my Saint mag so where is my Pies one? is there a new in Black and White out or what i think the last one i got was that Tarkyn one!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 2:51 pm

yeah there is a new mag out. and not only do we not get anything ours is the most expensive membership isnt it? how much was your melb one spidergirl??
Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2000 3:17 am

Sounds great, Spidergirl. If only there were marketing people at the club to match Eddie's spruiking power.

We won't keep members or attract new paying members simply by talking about the club, especially after such a long period of poor on-field perfromances. New members are gained & kept thourgh the "little things" like bonus mags. They may not sound like much to some people, but small, frequent gifts/bonuses let supporters feel in touch with the club & theat someone cares (even if it really is just a computer database automatically sending out birthday cards).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: