Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It's easy to get Grand Final tickets....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 9:22 am
Post subject: It's easy to get Grand Final tickets....Reply with quote

Thought a few of you might be interested in the following tale.

2 friends of mine from the USA visited here last weekend, and went on an MCG tour on Monday. One of them watches the AFL over there, but doesn't really follow any team. They thought it would be great to go to the Grand Final (who wouldn't?) so they asked the tour guide where they could get tickets. The tour guide laughed at them.

So, after the tour they hung around and found the office of the MCG Operations Manager (don't quote on the title of the person). ONe of these friends can basically talk his way into ANYTHING, including exclusive New York restaurants. SO he put his charm to work on the woman, stating they were great AMerican fans of the game and would fly back from Sydney just for the game.

They flew to Sydney on Tuesday (as scheduled) and on Wednesday he talked them into the last tyour of Homebush, which had been booked out for over 6 weeks. When the returned to his hotel there was a message:
WE HAVE FOUND 2 TICKETS FOR YOU. PLEASE CALL THE FOLLOWING NUMBER TO CONFIRM.

So on Saturday these 2 Americans who barely follow the game and had lined up for exactly zero hours, flew in to Melbourne just in time for the Grand Final, then flew out again straight afterwards. Meanwhile, other friends of mine (lifelong Melboourne supporters)who are MCC members could not get in, even after joining the queue at 5am.

And we all thought it was hard to get a ticket!

(Just wish they thought to get me one....boo hoo)
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 7:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

well there are many ways
1. If u r a chick and there is a guy on one of the gates u bribe ya way in
2. u find that scalper dude with the pass outs give him 50 bucks and he gts u in with his pass out then u go in and give it to his bro who goes back out and sells it
3. U walk in with all the players and officials and shit and get in that way
there are heaps of other ways just think!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 11:52 am

Hey Guys,
here is a tip for next year at the MCG!
well, i was at the grand final with my dad and we saw this group of about 30 guys pulling on the arm of the fire exit outside the ground, and after a few minutes of pulling, it broke off, and they all ran up the stairs into the stadium!!! There is a cheap way of getting into the G!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 3:01 pm

the anzac game, me and my mate (who didnt have a ticket) were in the line and we walked over to a gate opened it and walked through and no one said anything, how easy!!
anyway when we were at melbourne training last week someone told gutnick that he didnt have a ticket and gutnick gave him one, thats another way.
Magpie mick 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2000 5:54 pm

I got a ticket at cost price at the G on the day. Also is was the 1st carton v collingwood home and away where pie fans broke the gates down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: