Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match v Brissy...Can we go 4 and 0? Comments here thanks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obrees_girl Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are in for a real good chance, If north can get them then we can beat them.

Last edited by Obrees_girl on Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:39 pm
Post subject: BRISSIEReply with quote

malthouse made the point that this is a new year and in beating brissie this week it will not add a trophy to the cabinet . his point is that new year new challange
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:02 pm

Culprit wrote:
We have not beaten Essendon in 2003 yet.

As I said before we have not beaten anyone yet.

Culprit empathises the YET.

And we won't have beaten anyone of any note after this weeks's match either.

Brisbane is THE most over-rated team in the history of football. They will not make the finals this year. They are NOBODY ON STEROIDS.

We will kick the shit out of them .... and there'll be NOTHING left. We will single-handedly destroy the future of A.F.L. in the state of Queensland by totally humiliating their team. The Brisbane Lions will be forced to join the N.R.L. to avoid going broke.

After round 4, we'll be 4-0 ... and a few people will start calling us premiership chance.

But we'll keep the lid on it, won't we?

Because we'll know we haven't beaten anybody YET...

But Dr.Grouse emphasises the YET.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:17 am
Post subject: We are a chance............Reply with quote

Shit Dr Alf Andrews!! As a Doctor, you must get some good drugs and it shows! What ARE you on? I have heard of blind optimism but your post goes WAY beyond the realms of reality!! Smile I DO recognise sarcasm!!

I reckon the 'pies CAN win but it wont be easy. They will have to re-produce their fourth quater form against Geelong right from the start of the game and continue with it for the whole game. A big ask but not an impossible task. Fitness will be a telling factor.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:01 am

Lets get one thing straight, I am not saying we don't have the right to boast or anything like that. Keep a lid on it is what I am saying. We face a test this week if we win and if ever Brisbane are primed to lose it's this week you can boast all you like. It's round 4 this week, not round 22.

I will stand by the record saying we have not beaten anyone as I have none of the three teams in my top 8 and would be suprised if any of you have. Yes Carlton beat Essendon, whether Carlton has improved I am yet to declare as the games I have watched has been very scrappy football and that could be Carlton dragging teams down to their level. Essendon look in trouble and I had them in teh bottom part of my 8 and on form I would say they would struggle to make it. A weeks a long time in football.

Yes you can only beat who you come up against, but there is 12 more teams to face.

Do you think Richmond, Carlton or Geelong would beat the Lions? I don't so they are no gauge on how good we are.

I will get excited when we beat Crows, Port, Brisbane in their home states, then we can boast. We don't have long to wait as we face all three by the end of May.

Sorry if I offend many of you at the end of the day I am not as biased in my view of our wins so far as you are.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:09 am

Culprit wrote:
Lets get one thing straight, I am not saying we don't have the right to boast or anything like that. Keep a lid on it is what I am saying. We face a test this week if we win and if ever Brisbane are primed to lose it's this week you can boast all you like. It's round 4 this week, not round 22.

I will stand by the record saying we have not beaten anyone as I have none of the three teams in my top 8 and would be suprised if any of you have. Yes Carlton beat Essendon, whether Carlton has improved I am yet to declare as the games I have watched has been very scrappy football and that could be Carlton dragging teams down to their level. Essendon look in trouble and I had them in teh bottom part of my 8 and on form I would say they would struggle to make it. A weeks a long time in football.

Yes you can only beat who you come up against, but there is 12 more teams to face.

Do you think Richmond, Carlton or Geelong would beat the Lions? I don't so they are no gauge on how good we are.

I will get excited when we beat Crows, Port, Brisbane in their home states, then we can boast. We don't have long to wait as we face all three by the end of May.

Sorry if I offend many of you at the end of the day I am not as biased in my view of our wins so far as you are.

Well we can only beat who we play. The most impressive aspect has been the depth and the ability to cover injuries to key players.

I think Carlton will beat Port Adelaide this week. Carlton should have beaten Port last year at Optus Oval and i think Pagan is yet to lose to Port in his role as seniro coach. Port are nothing special.

jlc

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:41 am

To true JLC, I still don't see the Blues making the eight and thats how I base my assesment on performance.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:42 am

Culprit, the only thing that has offended me in your post, is that you mention opposition teams with capital letter emphasis. Stop it ok, I'm a mod this week don't want to edit every thing. Wink

Seriously, we are on top of the ladder, that gives us some sort of bragging rights. Even though we may have not beaten "anybody", just remember that any side can be beat by any other on any given day.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:44 am

We have bragging rights lets hope its for another week after we beat the bears, oops I mean lions or whatever their name is this year. Razz
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:20 am

I was just wondering, if we do happen to go up to brisbane and knock em off, who will be favourite for the flag?? i think if we can go up there and win we'd be the best team in the league. YES.... thats right im not joking, if we win this game i think we'll be the best team in the league.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:33 am

We win this week we deserve to be favourites and deserve respect
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:47 am
Post subject: vs lionsReply with quote

its probably not likely but if we could crush brisbane up their it would be a signal to the rest that we are now the best team.. if you include the pre-season we have won 6 out of 7.. so we know how to win.. and i think if we play brisbane and they step it up above say what carlton & geelong were doing that we can easily go with them.. i expect it to be a tough game but i think our forward line and forward line efficiency can win it for us.. centre clearances will be important because a lot of their midfielders can kick goals from centre breakaways up their at the gabba.. im looking forward to it! GO PIES
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:00 am

We already deserve respect.

We beat the other top 4 teams last year. We had wins against most of the top 8 teams and had the best record against top 8 teams??

Not many teams do the double in Adelaide. We did that last year.

jlc

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:17 am

I agree JLC, it's a pity we have not got it from other teams and supporters as they all say we were lucky last year and fell in.

Knock Brisbane off in Brisbane they will stand up and take notice. Get thumped by Brisbane and you can already hear them saying Pretenders.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:26 am

They are already standing up and taking notice, they're just to scared to admit it. Us get respect you've gotta be kidding it'll never happen not even if we win the flag this year, how many hawks supporters do you know that think that if they'd played us in the 90 GF they'd have won, please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: