Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match v Brissy...Can we go 4 and 0? Comments here thanks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you say that Anthony. I was just chatting to a Hawthorn supporter last night and he said that very same thing - I just scoffed at him! Noone was gonna beat us in 1990 - it was our year to shine and shine we did.
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:29 am

I agree that the sides we have beaten may not make the eight....but it is important to get as many wins on the board early....you let games like we have had slip and suddenly a double chance could go missing

Culprit....for curiosity sake....who is in your top eight....

TERRY
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:32 pm

I can't see too many reasons why we can't beat Brissy.

Obviously it'll be made easier for us if Lynch and Brown don't play - I've always thought Brisbane's weakest point was their forward line anyway, and the loss of these two players exposes them even more.

Our midfield has been in sparkling form, and Nath always matches up well on Voss.

Their match on Saturday night was a tough one - would've taken a bit out of them, and of course they have slightly less time to recover than we do.

Our positive was the way we finished the game on Saturday - hopefully we take that form into Thursday night's game, and pick up where we left off.

I think we are confident when we play Brissy too, as we already defeated them once last year and came bloody close to pulling off the big one too!

We are also playing for a bit of Pie Pride - some revenge for the GF. If that loss didn't inspire us, nothing will!

On the downside, I do wonder whether the draw means Brissy are even more hungry for a win this week - I would've preferred if they had've defeated North then gone into our game with tonnes of arrogance. Also, it's been a few years since we played at the Gabba - so it's an unknown quantity.

Saying all that - I am quietly confident. I just have a feeling we'll show the football world that we have really arrived as a force!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:21 pm

I reckon Carlton are actually playing ok footy atm - they have a lot of intensity which, while it doesn't make up for skill totally, it goes some way towards it. I think we've had three good quarters in four games, all the third, and one absolute ripper of a quarter, the last one. We might build up to a ripper and two good quarters next week, and be playing four rippers by finals, but that's not going to help us beat brissy next week.

but big games we play well in, and this is the biggest of them all. I wouldn't be surprised if we have them 20 points down early on, it'll just be a matter of keepng that lead, and against brissy that is the hardest thing in the owlrd to do.

Good thinking MM for resting Bucks, but Voss also had a long time in teh forward line, not completely restin gon the pine but less furious than the midfield.

Clement is a big key if lynch or brown doesn't play. because if tehy throw Voss up forward, Clement is probably one of a few players in the AFL who can close him down. Also look to Ben Johnson to lift if the brissy talls don't play and they have weaker talls as focal points or just voss up there - crumbing in the back 50 is crucial. Cloke may benefit from a lot of "third man in" marks if brissy don't play three talls.

Buckley needs a big game, and will deliver, he always does. If Tarrant can keep firing, a few goals from Didak and Leon, a consistent last quarter form Rocca (another three or four would be nice Razz) we have the makings of a great contest.

But again, like all great games, it comes down to a contest of the midfields. All our midfielders have had great games this year (appart form Licca, who had a good last quarter and looks to be buliding up to something). If they can all have one at the same time, bye bye Brissy.

O'bree needs a big one like round two, and Woey of round one would be very handy. Burns form last week and Licca from last quarter, add Buckley and Williams in scintilating form and we have the best midfield going round.

McKee Rocca and Fraser showed they can nullify a very good big man by the end of the end of the game - remembering it was Frasers first game, hopefully he'll keep improving and we wont have to wait til the last quarter to reap the benefits.

Brisbane will not be able to match up on Tarrant Rocca and Molloy in terms of height, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put a shorter faster player on tarrant. Also, watch if they attempt to double Tarrant outside the fifty, atm they double his leads to about the 50, but no further, could be an interesting tactic. It may nulify tarrant but let williams and didak tear them appart leading from the goalsquare.

Al lin all - I can't WAIT!!!

- Ben
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:26 pm
Post subject: Re: We are a chance............Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Shit Dr Alf Andrews!! As a Doctor, you must get some good drugs and it shows! What ARE you on? I have heard of blind optimism but your post goes WAY beyond the realms of reality!! Smile I DO recognise sarcasm!!

No sarcasm whatsoever, my friend. Brisbane are SHIT. Their reign is over. They won't make the finals.

Let the slide begin.
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:08 pm

Someone mentioned time on!
In the past Brisbane went bam bam and kept themselves in it.
I'm sure our boys will be primed to screw that pressure down on them in the last five minutes of each quarter.
Games ebb and flow in favour of one team then the other...that's what arm wrestles are al about, but if we make SURE the end of each quarter is ours, we'll do some psychological damage!!!
In fact the last 5 minutes of EVERY quarter we ever play should always be ours, just like third term seem to be our speciality.
perth pieman 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:31 pm

Dr Alf,

You are kidding for sure! Brisbane have got to be the best team around for years, and they deserve respect. The Pies might be the next great team, but they do have to earn it, just like Brisbane did. Lets hope this Thursday will be a step along the way, but you cant really be serious when you make statements like that about Brisbane.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:44 pm

dr alf theres no way brisbane will not make the finals even if they slide their is too many other crap teams in the competition.. doesnt mean i wouldnt like to see it though Razz GO PIES!!!!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:15 am

Were gonna need to be at our very best to beat Brissie and I reckon we'll go close.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:33 am

If we win:

WE: will applaud Rocca, Tarrant & Molly, and probably Williams & Woewodin, and Lickas return to blitzing form

EVERYONE ELSE: will say that the kangas game took too much out of them, that brown & lynch were missing (if they miss), that Voss hurt himself in the first quarter, that Akermanis had a sore knob, that the umpires gave us a free ride

If we lose:

WE: will bag Stunner for getting belted in the middle, Tazza for being slack, Rocca for being unfit, Josh Fraser for going to ground too often, Leon for fumbling too much, Benny J for kicking poorly, Malty for rotating Bucks to the bench too much, the umpires for crucifying us

EVERYONE ELSE: will say we are a product of Eddie's imagination and are still duds.

Who we must stop most of all: - Chris JOHNSON, we can get a handle on most of the others, he is damaging with run out of the backline and jumping in to spoil.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:52 am

good post cam.
as for johnson - totally agree. was surprised laidley just let him roam around for so long although perhaps it was not having the right player to drag him back to the goal square. got to keep him inside their defensive 50 - not sure if someone like didak will do that or not.
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:27 pm

haha excellent cam! spot on!!! Laughing Laughing
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:55 pm

LMAO Cam Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Soooooooooooooo true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:50 am

HaHaHa! That is so funny Cam - I can just see it now!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:06 pm

All I want to say is:

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Let's assert our authority on the competition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: